About the community's rep behavior.

This is a discussion on About the community's rep behavior. within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Originally Posted by fogest Thats true but again I will just end it here. Jolinar point is that if you ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Robin is offline Place user title here
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fogest View Post
    Thats true but again I will just end it here. Jolinar point is that if you see something useful give it some or !

The End!
    no there are two problems no one gives enough appropriate rep or thanks and the other point is that u can't act like a frekin baby for rep or thanks and do stupid deals where if i give u 8 rep then i give u 12 and stuff like that. Another problem on this website is the flaming on other people and it is now not going to be tolerated. If we see any flaming or hating on other people using certain words to describe them then they will be punished right away. Your precious rep is going to go in the negatives eventually for the untolerable behavior. This website does have older members such as me and we are not going to let little kids try to turn in into a freak show by hating on other people. I am not saying that kids shouldn't be allowed to join this forum i am just saying plz show a certain amount of maturity.
    Moderator in SC2 section. Have any questions? PM ME!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Useful Post:

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lulz at your thank at 1st post in 1 day! D:

Though in my opinion, REP is not everything, most 350+ people (premium people), start to realize that REP isn't that necessary, really it is only good to reach some few other thingz such as Title and Premium Board and than Contributor.

In my Opinion having REP is like having a empty bootle with you that will replenish when you reach a new stage than it goes empty again after you realize that this stage doesn't give you any more pleasure.

Another thing I hate is the rule "Don't beg for REP." (Well, I don't really know if it is a rule but most people don't know why, say "DONT BEG RETARD"!! lulz (I know I was one of them xD))

But I think people should be able to say in his post/thread that Say Thanks or Give Reputation to help me out!

And I agree with Jolinar in 1st Post lets all have give reputation when we see anything good, but wait!!! Wait right there, some couple of days I had a conversation with fogest about his behaviour and about REP, he said that when he sees a thread with plenty of work on it, we should REP but wait (once again D, The thread is about "How to Eat" and has like 2 pages of work, would it be necessary to rep/thanks such a thread like this? Just because it had a lot of work on it? Well... NOO, ofc not, man it doesn't help anybody because we all know how to eat (well I guess so..if you don't know how, plz post xD)... now another example, would you rep a thread saying POTATOES than text was
    POTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPO TATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTA TOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATO ESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOES POTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPO TATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTA TOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATO ESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOES POTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPO TATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTA TOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATO ESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOES POTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPO TATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTA TOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATO ESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOES POTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPOTATOESPO TATOESPOTATOES
    ehhh give me rep, I just had like 2 hours writting this shit!

LETS ALL HOPE FOR D3SCENE BE AS IT WAS BEFORE I ARRIVE : D

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kaskame For This Useful Post:

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what you say guys.
    No matter if its RL or Internet but when you do something to some1 or teach them something you feel good and no1 can take that feeling away from you.

And when that person says thank you you feel even better bec you know that person is grateful to you.
    And the same is here when I make a guide or post something and I see that under my post there are and in my profile s I know that I helped ppl in this community and that my efforts weren't in vain.

Idk about you but that makes my day a bit happier and easier to get by.

And for the trust rep is essential I know when Tracky posts a hack or something similar to that that I dont need to scan it before I run it bec hes a Global Moderator and he has my trust and respect same goes for Serverman and a lot of other members here on D3Scene
    Last edited by mr_ice; 05-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr_ice For This Useful Post:

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree with mr.ice D:
    We just have to follow our heart and feel happy!

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spelling error or just error but Serverman is Admin and Tracky is Gmod.But yes that is how I feel as well

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you reach Premium, many here will realize that earning reputation to get premium status is not the end.

Don't be offended or feel annoyed if your thread doesn't get rep'd. Reputation alone will not help to improve the site, it only helps an individual's status in the site. Keep yourself active in the site and keep contributing to make the site a friendly place.

Stay here as a community, not as an individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    We just have to follow our heart and feel happy!
    I completely agree. Well said.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_ice View Post
    No matter what you say guys.
    No matter if its RL or Internet but when you do something to some1 or teach them something you feel good and no1 can take that feeling away from you.

And when that person says thank you you feel even better bec you know that person is grateful to you.
    And the same is here when I make a guide or post something and I see that under my post there are and in my profile s I know that I helped ppl in this community and that my efforts weren't in vain.

Idk about you but that makes my day a bit happier and easier to get by.

And for the trust rep is essential I know when Tracky posts a hack or something similar to that that I dont need to scan it before I run it bec hes a Global Moderator and he has my trust and respect same goes for Serverman and a lot of other members here on D3Scene
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this so much.
    If I for example make a guide, people read it, but nobody bothers to say thank you in a reply or press the thanks/rep button, it doesnt really inspire me to make more guides when the people reading it aren't even saying thank you.
    On the other hand, if people appreciate my work by saying so, I get happier like mr_ice said, and it will make me create more guides for the sake that I know that people enjoy the guides I'm writing and appreciates the time I use on writing the guides, also if they can't use the guide because they don't play that game or whatever reason it might be, that doesnt really matter to me. It matters if people tells me that they appreciate the time I put into helping someone out and contributing my knowledge to the community and everybody else.

I also think that the person who said that you rep known members (Tracky and Jolinar for instance) than you rep a random newcomer, tho he might deserve it as much. I don't know why this is, but it should be considered when you don't want to rep a guy because he's new.

-Zo8

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfszorn View Post
    Not really, if someone feels provoked then i am sorry about that.
    I'm just saying my opinion whether you will read it or not.
    And mostly people feel affected about that, if its something they want not to read.
    Well if i provoke you, i'm sorry. That was not want i want to.
    nah, you definitely didnt provoke anyone.
    Neither I want to forbid you your opinion.
    The last statement simply was unnecessary , either somebody gives you -rep (unlikely) or he doesnt.
    It looked much like bragging and thus looking ridiculous.

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Zo8 this is how I feel as well.It really makes you want to post stuff if you get thanked.But if nothing then you think well one should I make more of these then if knowone cares.

And I think we should be aloud to say in our threads something like if this helped you make sure to or I don't see anything wrong with that

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fogest For This Useful Post:

john might is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sadly...i have to agree with DeadlySpeed....sorry

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast