About the community's rep behavior.

This is a discussion on About the community's rep behavior. within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Hey there, fellow members. So I think we all noticed that our community is somewhat more inactive than it has ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

About the community's rep behavior.

Hey there, fellow members.

So I think we all noticed that our community is somewhat more inactive than it has been half a year ago.
    I've seen people (DeadlySpeed, for that matter) complaining about contributing a shitload and not receive any rep for it whilst they have invested a fair amount of time and knowledge into said threads.
    And as far as I've seen, most people are unhappy about this.
    So here I am, pleading, begging, trying to convince you that if we all change our 'rep behaviour', we can make the community more active, more satisfied and in fact, more complete.

But. But we all have to work together, not against the others. I mean, rep competition has always been a topic between users, be it for fun or serious, but right now I believe that is unnecessary, uncalled for and stupid.

I do admit that I'm not repping much actually, but after spending some thoughts to this, I do propose that we all rep everything useful we see.

My point is, we all can only profit from it. The morale will boost up, people will be more active if they get rep faster and I don't know about you, but I find it quite relieving and satisfying when I help others or make others happy.

I mean, what's so bad about it? I suppose when you read this you do like D3Scene and you do want to take part in improving it. And to be honest, I don't think this would require more than an additional couple seconds from each member.

That's it for now, I hope I made my point clear.
    All yours,
    Jolinar
    Last edited by Jolinar; 05-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Jolinar For This Useful Post:

flexo is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, i'm not really motivated to cheat any warcraft 3 maps. No one even give me one

Its very frustrating!

Flying Panda is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinar View Post
    I do propose that we all rep everything useful we see.
    Point.I totally agree with you.I have stopped being acitve and helpful after getting no gratitude myself,it just seems like it doesn't pay off.
    I write an article,after a day it has 200 views,not a single replay or rep.And it was a 2h game guide.

People should get proactive as soon as possible if we are to stay alive,and to keep the biggest gaming community status.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flying Panda For This Useful Post:

McPeon is offline Da flying one

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I wrote a tutorial for stealthbot and I think I've gained just 1-2 reps...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to McPeon For This Useful Post:

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flexo View Post
    True, i'm not really motivated to cheat any warcraft 3 maps. No one even give me one

Its very frustrating!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPeonCanFly View Post
    Yeah I wrote a tutorial for stealthbot and I think I've gained just 1-2 reps...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Panda View Post
    Point.I totally agree with you.I have stopped being acitve and helpful after getting no gratitude myself,it just seems like it doesn't pay off.
    I write an article,after a day it has 200 views,not a single replay or rep.And it was a 2h game guide.

People should get proactive as soon as possible if we are to stay alive,and to keep the biggest gaming community status.
    Yes, yet another reasons why we should all attempt it once again and keep that up.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jolinar For This Useful Post:

Xoyse is offline 不关心明天
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem for the rep/thanks Jolinar >.>

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree ppl arent giving and some arent giving either.
    If some1 helped me I either +thank him or him it depends how much they helped me.

I was inactive for some time (last month 2) it had to do with my obligations to school and other stuff but also that when I do something here like Panda said it has 200 views not a single comment/reply or (at least).

Vearb is offline God

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I wrote a few tutorials or imo best vids/films/whatever. wrote much - gained nothing. It's quite sad beeing aware of it, that the most are lazy to spread reps. Thanks are Ok, but if you want advance here in D3 it'll take quite a few years writing tutorials which exist alot of them...

If you have any queries Email me! vearb [at] d3scene [dot] com

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a thread for my lockerz bot and it has almost 200 downloads yet not that many thanks.I have to say that me myself thank a lot and I am to be honest probably the person that gives out the most rep.To me it doesn't matter whether or not the user helped me it matters whether or not you think it could have helped someone else.For example if you see a hack for something that someone made and you don't use it,that doesn't mean that they don't deserve some !

I myself have posted many useful guides and I find that every guide can only get me 2-4 rep when it took me around 2-3 hours to make!

And Kaskame Ik we had a talk about this hope you change your option now!

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with some that despite that they put in efforts into the site but still their threads are not 'd or not even replied.

Have you noticed even Hendrik's(admin) few threads still remain without any reply. So please do not be offended if you don't any reply.

One should think about contributing to the site in a positive way rather than being more concerned about the reputation. Guys, do not take reputation as the main consideration or do not post stuffs for it, if you find something useful and then make an effort to share it here. It is up to an individual to decide whether that he finds a topic worthy and to rep it. Keep on contributing good stuffs, reputation and other credits will come along but never post for the sake of reputation.

Reputation value should not be the main concern. It is highly essential that one takes part in discussions and also in few contests that are organized. Reputation is not the ultimatum.
    I do propose that we all rep everything useful we see.
    -Yes, I do consider that noticeable useful threads should be rep'd and I feel that it is done to an extent but not to everyone's satisfaction. If we rep for every single post/thread, it wouldn't suit its purpose.

-A discussion needs positive as well as negative points, similarly don't expect to get more rep's. Keep contributing the best, the rest will follow.

-If negative rep should not be abused against any member, positive rep shouldn't be biased for any member.

It is really hard to come to a conclusion, but to keep it simple: + rep / +ThanKs if you think that the thread/post is worthy.
    Last edited by razathru; 05-22-2010 at 09:35 PM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to razathru For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast