D3scene 2010-2011 Contest

This is a discussion on D3scene 2010-2011 Contest within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Ok, you just have to take into consideration you shouldnt JUST do it to become a mod, as most will ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, you just have to take into consideration you shouldnt JUST do it to become a mod, as most will be doing.

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow clap for the person who came up with the idea, why because you failed and pretty hard.
    First off I know I haven't been active for quite sometime that's because I'm a senior and I have a lot of things going on in my real life at the moment.

Now basically with this "contest" you want to see who are the persons or exactly mods that can be active (contribute) to D3Scene in the period that is the most busy for students and all the other people that have jobs. I mean really, what you are looking for is a person who can sacrifice his real life for the internet on which he wont be apriciated for his effort 75% of the time.

i have to say this idea is pretty bad because each of the moderators I know deserved their place by helping the community and now you want to take that effort from them bec they cant sacrifice their RL for the community at the most busiest time.

Personally by how this is going I will be striped off my Moderator rank, but then I haven't been much of a moderator bec I'm kind of scared that I don't delete or mess something up that I shouldn't delete or mess up, but now the reason why I probably wont be able to participate is bec every year for Christmas and my holidays I go to my grandparents on my village and guess what there is no internet there so i cant possibly be active.

Then lets see Im a senior in my school and bec of my fucked up state trying to kiss EUs ass I have to study for special classes that I dont know how they function in order to get on the college I want to. So basically what Im saying is you picked a very very bad time.

Next the problem of the community is that ONLY THE MODERATORS contribute I mean i remember when I just joined D3Scene there were a lot of people that came and stayed but now thx to a lot of bots and no measures against them except our dearest MODERATORS we have 1000000 (I know Im exaggerating) users with 1 post that are using accounts as a way to make commercials. Try and look at other web sites, in order to post you MUST first introduce yourself, then in order to be able to rep and see most of the forums you need to contribute. See these sites have a lot of active members and not just few moderators why bec in order to get something you must work for it.

I remember that Elder rank meant something in the old days but now you can get it in a matter of 3 days bec everybody is just fooling around with the rep and thanks button.

Personally my idea of the contest would be to think of new ideas on how to get new members that need to contribute and who will stay on the forums and not punish current Moderators its not like your paying them like you do Global Mods. They are here on their own free time and will to help the community and they are being disrespected and offended like this, personally Im sad for the people that will probably get demoted but that don't deserve it. Our community is on IV and the blood that's keeping it alive is the blood of the moderators and this "contest" is probably going to cut a few good liters from it.

Respect and peace
    mr_ice

P.S. Happy Christmas and the New year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_ice For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's cry about our real life problems -.-

Der_Ronnie is offline Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    LOL, why?
    Whats wrong?

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D3scene 2010-2011 Contest

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ice View Post
    Wow clap for the person who came up with the idea, why because you failed and pretty hard.
    First off I know I haven't been active for quite sometime that's because I'm a senior and I have a lot of things going on in my real life at the moment.

Now basically with this "contest" you want to see who are the persons or exactly mods that can be active (contribute) to D3Scene in the period that is the most busy for students and all the other people that have jobs. I mean really, what you are looking for is a person who can sacrifice his real life for the internet on which he wont be apriciated for his effort 75% of the time.

i have to say this idea is pretty bad because each of the moderators I know deserved their place by helping the community and now you want to take that effort from them bec they cant sacrifice their RL for the community at the most busiest time.

Personally by how this is going I will be striped off my Moderator rank, but then I haven't been much of a moderator bec I'm kind of scared that I don't delete or mess something up that I shouldn't delete or mess up, but now the reason why I probably wont be able to participate is bec every year for Christmas and my holidays I go to my grandparents on my village and guess what there is no internet there so i cant possibly be active.

Then lets see Im a senior in my school and bec of my fucked up state trying to kiss EUs ass I have to study for special classes that I dont know how they function in order to get on the college I want to. So basically what Im saying is you picked a very very bad time.

Next the problem of the community is that ONLY THE MODERATORS contribute I mean i remember when I just joined D3Scene there were a lot of people that came and stayed but now thx to a lot of bots and no measures against them except our dearest MODERATORS we have 1000000 (I know Im exaggerating) users with 1 post that are using accounts as a way to make commercials. Try and look at other web sites, in order to post you MUST first introduce yourself, then in order to be able to rep and see most of the forums you need to contribute. See these sites have a lot of active members and not just few moderators why bec in order to get something you must work for it.

I remember that Elder rank meant something in the old days but now you can get it in a matter of 3 days bec everybody is just fooling around with the rep and thanks button.

Personally my idea of the contest would be to think of new ideas on how to get new members that need to contribute and who will stay on the forums and not punish current Moderators its not like your paying them like you do Global Mods. They are here on their own free time and will to help the community and they are being disrespected and offended like this, personally Im sad for the people that will probably get demoted but that don't deserve it. Our community is on IV and the blood that's keeping it alive is the blood of the moderators and this "contest" is probably going to cut a few good liters from it.

Respect and peace
    mr_ice

P.S. Happy Christmas and the New year.
    Well said. I've been trying to point this reason out this whole time but not worded right and my options don't seem to count anymore.

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been crying Im just saying you picked a bad time without considering how the people that are actually made to (yes made to because the way it looks like it your making them do it without any other option) participate will feel.

P.S. I don't like you.

McPeon is offline Da flying one

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then lets see Im a senior in my school and bec of my fucked up state trying to kiss EUs ass I have to study for special classes that I dont know how they function in order to get on the college I want to.

Sad but true

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    qft.

Honestly, I don't care what you're doing in your real lives. It's just that we need active moderators for the community to stay intact. If you have to dedicate more time to your studies or whatever, go ahead, no one's keeping you from it.
    Just know that if you can't be active on D3, there is no point in you wasting a moderator spot. As long as there are enough mods for a section, we won't promote any further until one of the current mods steps down, gets demoted or whatever. If you're inactive you occupy one of this spots whereas another member which currently is active might suit better.

This doesn't mean that who ever doesn't get a mod position in this contest never will. I don't see any point having you as a mod if you are unable to dedicate yourself right now (even due to important RL reasons, doesn't matter. Gotta think about the community as a collective).

What the community needs, is a decent team of active and competent mods. And this is a very effective way to get them, that's a fact.

And don't you come again with qq GMods can do anything they want and they don't get demoted qq.
    No, we can't. We have rules to follow just like each and everyone of you does, too. And we have to be active just like you as well to keep our position.
    I can only say what I (and the staff team) consider the best for the community. And as far as I've seen up to now, no one really has anything against this except for one or two members who simply don't want to lose their jobs even though they are the least effective right now (even if it's just for a short time). If you have any serious arguments against this contest, feel free to PM me or any other staff member - just don't QQ that you have something better to do in RL than be active on a crap site qq qq, such PMs will be utterly ignored.

Most sincerely, Jolinar

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolinar For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been crying Im just saying you picked a bad time without considering how the people that are actually made to (yes made to because the way it looks like it your making them do it without any other option) participate will feel.

P.S. I don't like you.
    Well dude, you're bitching about this because you aren't able to do this because you're "too busy" .. Mods need to be able to check up frequently and if you can't do that, then you aren't meant to be .. Too busy haha, it takes 10 minutes to check in, how rough ! Unless you are doing every second of every day .. Then you're not that busy

I don't care if you don't like me .. I don't even know you -.- so do us a favor and either don't complain about things you don't agree with or shut it.
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jolinar for a response.

Seems like everything is well explained. It would be bad if users still can't understand the fact.

We do respect your real life issue but do not relate real life and D3scene stuffs, and try to mess up. We are trying to do something for D3scene as a community. I don't think it is possible to ask each and every member if they are free without any exam or whatever before we could do something effective.

Please PM me/jolinar or Admins if you have any problem. No discussions here please.

Regards,
    Raz
    Last edited by razathru; 12-02-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast