D3scene 2010-2011 Contest

This is a discussion on D3scene 2010-2011 Contest within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Thank you for agreeing Raz...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for agreeing Raz

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW

First I didnt QQ about gmods or did I ever complain on you since I was here I just said unlike GMods that get paid for their job Ordinary moderators dont get paid and are doing their job for free with their own free time and will.

I didn't say that any of the GMods do a bad or a great job It was just an example just like my RL issues were an example that some other ppl might have problems similar or exactly like mine.

Also do not say stuff I didn't write I never said that this community was crappy and that this site is crap.

All I meant is take a wider period of time to see the people that moderate not just one month, take the past in consideration and everything else including the behavior and then judge and not just by a 1 month period.

Also Jolinar pls stop behaving like a child it doesn't suit a GMod and start respecting people you should look up to razathru.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't hate on mods

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_ice View Post
    WoW

First I didnt QQ about gmods or did I ever complain on you since I was here I just said unlike GMods that get paid for their job Ordinary moderators dont get paid and are doing their job for free with their own free time and will.

I didn't say that any of the GMods do a bad or a great job It was just an example just like my RL issues were an example that some other ppl might have problems similar or exactly like mine.

Also do not say stuff I didn't write I never said that this community was crappy and that this site is crap.
    I wasn't talking about you specifically, that's also why I didn't quote you. I was talking about multiple users and my past experiences.
    All I meant is take a wider period of time to see the people that moderate not just one month, take the past in consideration and everything else including the behavior and then judge and not just by a 1 month period.
    We wanted a fresh start for 2011, and working this out as best as possible took its time. I'm sorry it's so late (or short, depends on how you look at it..), but as I was saying, it won't be the last chance to get mod status. We haven't yet talked about that, but I think these contests will be held every couple months, to give everyone a fair chance.

Also Jolinar pls stop behaving like a child it doesn't suit a GMod and start respecting people you should look up to razathru.
    Specify? I'm always up for criticism, just I don't see where I have been acting immature (as you are implying).

eZ]aCx is offline Steve Jobs ͩͮ͗͂̋̃͏̷̻̼+ͭ̋̐
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused.

1. If you want to be a mod, and don't want to get stripped of your current position, just contribute! If you are too busy in real life, than so be it. But D3 needs to refresh their current mod list. If you cannot be active, I would say its a fair deal.

2. Why the mass text? It's a simple concept. Contribute -> If admin/gmod think you are doing a good job -> Promoted and or you keep your current position.

3. There is no need to flame here, we have been given a great deal of time, so just make the best of it. I'm a senior in HS, but I love designing so I do it, and contribute to the community. I just haven't been able to do much the last 2 days because I just got my 1.5 TB external, and I've been transferring, deleting, cleaning over 900 GB of my files (from my 2 other externals, all into my 1.5 TB one). And in some hours, I will be reinstalling my OS's, and my programs.

Anyway, I would say chill everyone and just stop wasting time here and go post stuff ;P

Resigned GFX Moderator. Left for professional GFX teams. Find me here

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eZ]aCx For This Useful Post:

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say that i havent read all of the wall of texts here, but:
    This is not so much a competition to see who is not doing their jobs (we can see that with one click in the admin panel), but rather who is willing to go an extra step. And also to see if we have missed someone with the potential to become a good moderator.

In reply to all the people QQ-ing about IRL:
    If you dont have time for d3scene, why are you even considering being a moderator?
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serverman For This Useful Post:

xxtaylorxx is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just said unlike GMods that get paid for their job Ordinary moderators dont get paid
    wait...gmods get paid here!?
    :o

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtaylorxx View Post
    wait...gmods get paid here!?
    :o
    Yes, but you dont become gmod if you want the payment. We all started being a GMod to help D3Scene. Its just a little favor from hendrik.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is why they need to be active enough here in the first place .. Which people were complaint about

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the text walls, tl;dr.

Google Trends: d3scene The amount of searches for D3Scene are progressively going down, and the only way to get them back up is to make unique guides/hacks/exploits and so forth so to captivate people on registering and checking this site regularly.

I believe that if the contest is decided by the moderator's/candidate's standing in the tournament and activity in his desired section is taken into consideration, this is really just a win-win solution for D3Scene: get rid of useless mods, get new mods, and make D3Scene more popular by wringing out new unique hacks.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast