Don't let D3Scene fall.

This is a discussion on Don't let D3Scene fall. within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Problem: threads/posts pop up where staff should simply drop the ban&delete hammer ----> D3STAFF, Y U SO CENSORING!? sucks big ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem: threads/posts pop up where staff should simply drop the ban&delete hammer
    ----> D3STAFF, Y U SO CENSORING!?

sucks big time.

Why should you be tolerant to someone who's only purpose in life is being a douche?

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    Problem: threads/posts pop up where staff should simply drop the ban&delete hammer
    ----> D3STAFF, Y U SO CENSORING!?

sucks big time.

Why should you be tolerant to someone who's only purpose in life is being a douche?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stroh For This Useful Post:

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread stold by trolls.

<GM>Bumblebee is offline I'm The Good Bee :)

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way to have troll threads taken care of is by looking to the bottom of the section you see the thread in, then click the name of every moderator in it and then PM the thread link to the most active/online/or last online moderator.

Everyone on my msn knows if someone reports a thread to me its dealt with as soon as i know of it, and I'm sure all the mods here are the same way.

Click here To see all my Tutorials and get Help.

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I was away for few days for holidays. Sorry about that.

Regarding the staffs, Gmods and Admins do take care of the spams to their level best. Personally I may not be active always or posting 24x7 as I used to do earlier but that doesn't mean that I don't see through all threads.

Please do not start flaming the user immediately once you see a troll thread. If there isn't any Admin/gmod on D3s, you can buzz at Facebook too.

Regards,
    Raz

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razathru For This Useful Post:

Robin is offline Place user title here
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderator in SC2 section. Have any questions? PM ME!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Useful Post:

fakenstein666 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you also make junk forum where all bad Threads will be contained?

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt read all these posts in here, however the title I did read and it is true. I saw a few posts, although it seems like the threads were created by the same member. Maybe that member was just talking to the wrong members. There are some staff on this site that I honestly would not let them be apart of a moderator status. I wont name who they are, but I would like to give advise to all of us.

We are mods of a huge website. Now you have to think about the fact that more then just a few people read posts. If I remember currently, there was a point when there were over ten-thousand members on at one time. Sure most were probably random people without an account (AKA Guests) however that doesn't change the fact that all of them have access to public forums, which D3Scene happens to fall under. Sure we have "special" areas for mods, and another section for "premium members" but honestly most of the topics and discussions are in the public view for more then just mods and premium users advice.

This is a website, and most of you guys are not doing your share in keeping this website a professional, and clean environment. I have noticed that when I advise other members to question a mod or admin for further support on issues they are having, they still message me. They do this because they know that I actually take the time to help them through PMs or skype. I say this because usually immature mods just post a link to another topic that is similar. What they don't realize is that it not only shows the staff is lazy, it too shows that staff does not care to help other members, and expect them to do everything themselves. I am not trying to "brag" about helping members, I am saying this because its true. There are many things people still need to learn before they become a staff member of an online society of mass members. There are times when sarcasm is said, which is completely okay, but what most don't realize is members who are unfamiliar with the personalities of older members and moderators might, and probably do, take the sarcasm as actually being a hostile or rude comment. I have seen multiple, and honestly I don't report those posts, but I do end up having to get involved and try to settle this.

Try to imagine a scenario of your cable or satellite just turned black. (Has happened to me multiple times when I had ComCast Cable.) You try everything to fix it, but luck just isnt in your hands today. So you end up having to call the 800 number for their customer support hotline. After a while of ringing, you are answered by an automated service which requires you to listen to the options, and click what you think the problem is. (This is how I view it when mods post links to other topics and say do it yourself.) However, when your option isnt there, you have an option of talking to a live representative. I see these people as moderators. They are there to help you, and some of them do their job perfect. However there are also those ones who do not know what they are talking about, and put you on hold for 46 minutes. (True story.) Anyways, these type of people really make you upset, seeing that you were treated horribly. Now compare that scene with how immature mods act within this site. We are a society, and its time to act like one.

With that said, I also see members who deserve to be put in position, if not replacing some of our staff members. It shouldnt be this way. If a staff member shows hostile talking/replying to a newer, or even older member, it just shows that some staff with D3scene should not be in the position they are in. It is this reason why new members are upset or leech.

When the website first started, I was truly "happy" to be able to be a member on this website. Even though I truly did start as leecher, I had noticed that there was no arguments, or any "drama." I shouldn't say drama because that is a such a high school thing, but right now there seems to be a lot of this behavior. Back in 2007, for those of you who were here back then, you know exactly what I mean. Due to more members joining daily, and more games being released, D3scene needed to be expanded with more sub-forums and categories for organization. However, the flaw with this was having older members become staff. Some of them do not belong in this position. I do understand that in times of need, we grab what is firstly available.

There should be a thorough analysis of all the staff members and how they treat members. Some of us understand that we need to take this seriously and not just a place "to hangout." We are chosen as moderators so that we can help members and keep our area clean from spam or irrelevant topics. We are NOT chosen as moderators to harass members or tell them to pretty much "fuck off and do it yourself." This is the sort of disrespect that I can see why newer members are leaving and becoming less active.

There are good moderators on here, and I honestly respect them as they dedicate their time as I do to actually try to help improve this community which seems to slowly become less and less "professional" as it once was. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE this community, and that was the reason why I decided to become a moderator. Most of you mods just wanted the power to remove things you dont like. That's not how it is done. Until they learn the basics of customer-service .. actually not even customer-service, but more maturity and the dedication to actually take care of D3scene, I believe they should be informed that they need to step up their game, by either a global mod or an admin.

My rant is over. Thank you if you actually took the time to read this, as it took about 15-20 minutes to type.
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-16-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Few typos

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a member since Jan 2011 and before I was a guest but I think I definitly know what you mean. It's a problem of several big forums.

But a nice text, nothing to add though.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchrow View Post
    I'm a member since Jan 2011 and before I was a guest but I think I definitly know what you mean. It's a problem of several big forums.

But a nice text, nothing to add though.
    Haha yeah I think I pretty much covered anything and everything that COULD be said, but that was just my honest typing. IDK why, but ideas kept flowing and flowing, almost like I had it all bottled up and waited for the time to release it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast