[READ] Malware on d3scene.com

This is a discussion on [READ] Malware on d3scene.com within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Jamesc00ls0x I agree with this, while it would be more work for mods/admins, I think that having ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesc00ls0x View Post
    I agree with this, while it would be more work for mods/admins, I think that having some sort of approval system for non-trusted members would be beneficial to the community.
    Heh, not much moderating to do on my section so if Tracky wants to do it, we can give moderators some more power.

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Spray View Post
    Heh, not much moderating to do on my section so if Tracky wants to do it, we can give moderators some more power.
    The mods just have to take some closer looks on what's going on in their sections. I mean, there were like 30 post with malware and no one reported or deleted it. I guess a lot of people got infected. Mods are responsible for their section and should do better analysis and research of posted files. Especially those lately posted malware was highly detected and not stealthed so not hard to see it's no good file.

GhostlyGamer is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchrow View Post
    Furthermore I want to provide you some information about the malware (please note this MAY vary a bit due to he edited his trojans)
    Thank you for this info, Luckily i didn't. have it.

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other day one of our members accounts got stolen and the hacker tried using his account to promote a hack that was posted in the SC2 section. It was a new member's post and everything listed was clearly impossible to do. Then he (stolden user account) comes into the chat and starts trying to say the hack is legit, but then starts saying "WTF WHY DID I SAY THAT HACK WORKS? SOMEONE HACKED MY ACCOUNT". Makes me worry even trusted users could be used to spread viruses.

Be sure to scan everything you download to be safe.

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    [...] Makes me worry even trusted users could be used to spread viruses.
    [...]
    Well, that is the reason why I'm saying you should be distrustful every time. Only because a member of d3scene has a high reputation it doesn't mean that you can't get infected. Most of members haven't a high technical knowledge so it's pretty easy to spread your malware. And never forget: Even if you're a staff member or an elder user doesn't mean you're not a human being. In my case it was a 'little' mistake. Fortunately d3scene has a good administration and nice reactions so we can act pretty fast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darchrow For This Useful Post:

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My antivirus is paranoid, it sandboxes unrecognized programs. Sometimes annoying to deal with but better safe than sorry right? I have had to pass on several programs that I wanted simply because my anti-virus would not allow it.Such as JassNewGen editor.It kept taking key files from the folder whenever I tried to start it up even when I flagged the files as safe, just tossed them into quarantine. Any new files are scanned immediately after they get added and if they have a virus or malware it gets tossed into quarantine. If you are wondering what anti-virus I have, I have Comodo.The firewall is kick-ass. It is nice not having to worry about the viruses or malware though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234