New Feature alert! Detected Hack Form!

This is a discussion on New Feature alert! Detected Hack Form! within the Rules/Announcements board part of the General category; I'm proud to announce a newly added completely awesome feature. The Hack Detection Form! The purpose of this is to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New Feature alert! Detected Hack Form!

I'm proud to announce a newly added completely awesome feature.

The Hack Detection Form!

The purpose of this is to report detected hacks. Instead of making OVER 9000 different threads about them.
    All you'll have to do is post a little information about the situation when you got detected!

http://www.d3scene.com/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=7

So please, when you are using a hack that gets you banned, fill out that form!

We'll look into it, and we will check legitimacy of it and post a newsletter each week containing detected status, and some other goodies you'll just have to wait to see! Only the Gmods and Admins will have access to the reports.

PS: Any threads submitted about a hack being detected will from now on be deleted without question.

@kent

F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems pretty nice!!! BUT... how am I supposed to stay up-to-date with cheat providers getting detected almost daily? You guys will only publish a newsletter once a week? I'd say that is not pretty up-to-date...

Eventhough all those threads are annoying... they help the users to always be informed the day a detection happens.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thing is, we probably won't get enough detected hack reports in a day to keep it updated daily.

@kent

F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why not make it an additional feature?

Detection threads + Newsletter.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F12erwin View Post
    So why not make it an additional feature?

Detection threads + Newsletter.
    The point of this is to keep all those annoying detected threads off of the forum. Not add more.

Maybe I'll make a sticky and update it as they come.

@kent

F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The point of this is to keep all those annoying detected threads off of the forum. Not add more.

Maybe I'll make a sticky and update it as they come.
    Yeah that might be an idea. I just think that as much as they annoy you, they actually bring or lets say share knowledge of detections with the forum. And that basically happens in (almost) real-time. You might just want to regulate the creation of multiple threads on the same topic...

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that might be an idea. I just think that as much as they annoy you, they actually bring or lets say share knowledge of detections with the forum. And that basically happens in (almost) real-time. You might just want to regulated the creation of multiple threads on the same topic...
    It's not just annoy me. 90% of every "Detected" thread created leads into a hack provider flame war. Which is another reason for this.

@kent

F12erwin is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's not just annoy me. 90% of every "Detected" thread created leads into a hack provider flame war. Which is another reason for this.
    Think about the positive sides of it though. The benefits for the users interested in those information. Cheat providers get into flame wars but most of the times share valuable experience doing that. So I don't really see a point why one would want to restrict that.

I don't want to flame you or this decision though, I respect it. Just wanted to add my two cents and now I'll just go along with what you will think is best.

BlauMan is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a realy cool idea. Let's see how it works out.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think about the positive sides of it though. The benefits for the users interested in those information. Cheat providers get into flame wars but most of the times share valuable experience doing that. So I don't really see a point why one would want to restrict that.

I don't want to flame you or this decision though, I respect it. Just wanted to add my two cents and now I'll just go along with what you will think is best.
    The fact that it leads to flame wars is a no go. We don't need that in this community. It's bad enough they don't want to follow our rules and keep it to themselves. It would be stupid to let it continue until they get themselves all banned.

This is a way to clean it up, and make it less hectic. There is no valuable experience shared between three people raging at each other about how much they think the others ones coding sucks. Or that they are copy pasters.

@kent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast