Hello!

This is a discussion on Hello! within the Say Hello board part of the General category; Hi All, I'm new, as evidenced by where I happen to be posting. I've been trying to muck about with ...

HunterjWizzard is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

Hi All, I'm new, as evidenced by where I happen to be posting.

I've been trying to muck about with MMO private servers off and on for probably 6 or 7 years now, and usually get stimied. I get stuck in one thing or another, and when I reach out for help, usually get slapped down. Just based on what I've seen so far, the folks on this forum seem quite a bit nicer than the ones I've met elsewhere, so I am confident that won't happen here.

I'm going to level with you all: I'm not trying to build a public server. I don't want hundreds of people playing on it, and I'm really not interested in scripting or the like. I am just trying to set up something me and a few friends can log onto and play around. I'm also planning to archive all of the files and software I use, so that 20 or 30 years from now I can set it all back up. But the point is, I'm here for quick answers for simple problems. If I can get into this, I'll try and help out. I have years of practical experience with IT and am fairly well-versed in virtualization.

So I'm happy to be here, and I'll probably be posting a more detailed, desperate plea for help in a few minutes.

Thank you, and good night!

cl0wned is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    enjoy your stay