Hey guise, I was reading up on what some popular sites say about marijuana use in teens, and I'm going to point out every mistake in the article: Marijuana Myths - Parents. The Anti-Drug.
1. Significant social problems? It makes you more social.
2. Risky decisions on issues like criminal activity? Hahahaah oh god that's ace. There's a parade in Canada that I believe occurs every year, where people smoke marijuana freely and the police turn a blind eye. There has only been one case of violence at this sort of festival, and the person who was being violent was reported to be drunk. Weed makes you much, much more loving and happy, and non-violent.
3. Marijuana can impair your ability to learn, but not in the long-term. I used to have a bunch of friends who would go out at lunch time during school and smoke up before classes, and they failed most of their classes. After doing this for around 3 months, they stopped doing it, and are now back at the same level they were before they started toking during lunch. So yes, I agree, it is a valid point, but then why is alcohol legal? You may be required to be 21 years old in the US to consume alcohol, but it's 16 in many places in the world, and has much more disastrous effects than marijuana does. Marijuana's impairment on learning is only short-term, and never permanent.
4. Most of the research which this is based upon was conducted in the 70's under Nixon or Kennedy, I can't remember who. They forced monkey to inhale around 20x-30x more smoke than the avg. pot head would consume in one day, and they also used much more potent weed. Fuck, of course you'll find health effects when you're killing the poor fucking things! I can find proof for you later, if you want.
5. Oh, so now apparently marijuana is addictive. They say that you can become addicted to marijuana. Shit, this is the most retarded logic I've ever heard. People are addicted to WoW, so why don't we make WoW illegal? Millions of people around the world are obese from over-consumption of fast-foods, so why don't we just ban McD's? This is such a face-palm.
6. Parent's influence children's decisions now a days? Err, okay, not really. In today's modern world, almost every MEDC household with children in it have a computer. If someone says that pot's fine, and then when you ask your parents they say it's bad for you, most people would look it up online to see the truth. What they'll find is that weed is actually much, MUCH less harmful than most people presume, and I think that most minor's would base their decisions upon professional information, than their parents, because this isn't the 70's when you had to get a book to research something.
7. Long-term effects of marijuana? Sex - this is retarded, if you're going to argue about this you might as well ban alcohol completely because, if you've experienced both alc. and pot, you would know that alcohol makes you commit much stupider decisions and makes you a lot more confident when it comes to "getting" with a member of the opposite sex. Weed doesn't do shit when it comes to sex. It DOES make it feel better, but when you have to make a decision, it's very unlikely that your decision will be influenced dramatically by weed. And even if it DID influence it dramatically, once somebody is blazed, they will probably be sitting down and enjoying themselves, and not very energetic. Marijuana actually HELPS you stay OUT of trouble with the law when it comes to committing crimes other than marijuana possession or being under the influence of marijuana. And loosing scholarship money? Oh god, I'd rather have a picture of me baked on the internet anyday than a picture of me smashed, as most the only real visible symptom of being stoned is having very red eyes, and larger pupils, which can easily be hidden. Being drunk would probably have you with your cock out trying to molest a dog which you dressed up in a tinker-bell costume for somebodies 3 year old sister/daughter.
8. This isn't stated in the article, but is stated in others, and it says that over 60% of teenagers in rehab report that their primary drug of choice is pot. You want to know what court's do when they find someone guilty of marijuana consumption? They give them two choices: One is to pay heavy fines/serve jail time and the other is to go to a rehab centre. Who the fuck in their right mind would choose to pay the heavy fines or serve time in juvy? So obviously, most kids in rehab for drugs say that they primarily use marijuana because they don't use any other drugs. They're only telling you half of the truth, which is just disgusting.
9. I just have to get back to marijuana being addicting. Holy shit this actually pisses me off. Marijuana is PHYSICALLY addicting. That means that there are no substances in marijuana that cause addiction, unlike drugs such as heroin, cocaine and tobacco. So this means that it is enjoyable and some people begin to use it frequently. This leads to addiction, because they enjoy getting high and don't want to not be high. This is not a good thing, where one depends on weed, but it is just as hard to stop eating fast food everyday. Makes me RAGE!
10. There has NEVER EVER EVER been a recorded death directly caused by marijuana. Ever. There is no proof that marijuana causes lung cancer. Some of the greatest and most renowned people in the history of the world were pot heads, while tobacco causes hundreds of thousands, as well as alcohol, and even caffeine, a completely legal substance, causes around 20k deaths a year in the US. Famous people list: Famous people that smoke weed. - Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News
In conclusion, marijuana is much worse illegal than legal. It is many illegal because cotton manufacturers won the war against hemp manufacturers, because hemp, also made from the marijuana plant, is a much cheaper material to make clothing out of, and is much more profitable and environmentally sustainable than cotton is. There are bunches of other reason's, but I can't be bothered to list them.
And you may wonder; what will happen if marijuana gets legalized? People imagine chaos and economic failure, but they obviously have not done any research. Amsterdam, where marijuana is legal, has LESS consumption of marijuana in minors than in America, yet it's LEGAL! Also, the distribution of weed in the US is mainly controlled by Mexican cartels, which are very dangerous. They make huge amounts of cash from selling marijuana, and this causes much violence to occur when it comes to pot, and also provides large amounts of money to cartels, making them stronger. Marijuana today costs about 10$ a gram from a regular street dealer, but with the legalization of marijuana, it is believed that an OUNCE (28 grams) would cost 50$ or lower. This would probably put almost all drug cartels out of business and would be a huge economical benefit for economy, as the govt. would be able to tax it and control it, and it would be much safer, much more legal, much more potent and much, much, MUCH cheaper.
In conclusion, most of the pages that come up when you search "marijuana health effects" contain false information, or only half of the truth. Don't be fooled, there is literally not a single reason to NOT legalize marijuana. I mean, medical marijuana is allowed in the US, isn't it? So how come SICK people are allowed to use it, yet healthy people aren't? You might say that people that are sick require medical treatment, and when drugs must be taken, they should be to ensure recovery, but the logic is flawed; people can easily obtain a medical marijuana card in the US by lying to their doctor, but if one consumes marijuana and get's caught by the law, the consequences are very grave, and irrational.