How to make money online with poker

This is a discussion on How to make money online with poker within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; All right guys, so I've recently been playing a lot of poker online, and later today I'm going to give ...

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make money online with poker

All right guys, so I've recently been playing a lot of poker online, and later today I'm going to give an unorganized and unstructured guide to how to make money online playing poker. I've deposited 25$, lost it (I bought into a lot of SnG's, or tournaments which you buy into, when I was under the influence of drugs, but that's not excuse) and am currently trying to find out how to improve my game, and I'll update this thread consistently with new information to help everyone.

What you're going to need:
    - Basic knowledge of Texas Hold'em Poker
    - 10$ or more

If you don't know how to play Texas Hold'em, simply look it up, there are so many sites that can describe it much better than me out there.

So first you're going to need to deposit money. I'm personally using FullTiltPoker.com, where the min. deposit is 10$ for credit cards, don't know about the other minimums, but they're pretty low. Now for to implement my current method, you're going to have to use FullTiltPoker, as you're going to be using a special type of game that is only exclusive to their site. If you're planning to deposit 50$+ or more, notify me so we can both get bonuses for your joining.
    On the subject of bonuses, when a poker site says they'll double your money, they won't literally double it for free, they'll award you points for certain things, such as how much money you earn and how much money you buy in to a tournament etc., and once you get a certain amount you get 10% of the amount you deposited, and so receive your full amount of cash in 10% increments. If you're signing up at FullTiltPoker, it won't be all that hard to get your bonus money quickly with Rush Poker.

Now what, you may ask, is Rush Poker? Well if you're depositing 10$, you're going to be playing for mere pennies if you're going to take it seriously, and you may start to get bored and not think that all the time waiting in between hands is worth it, so this is where Rush Poker comes in. It's only at FullTilt, and it's where basically every time you fold, you're brought to a new table without having to wait for the betting to come around to you, and then not having to wait even more for the hand to be played. With the tightness you'll be playing, Rush Poker will be a godsend. More info on Rush Poker can be found on FullTiltPoker.com.

So now you've got your 10$, and you want to play poker. Now go to Rush Poker and 5$ into the 0.02$/0.05$ 9-Handed NL Hold'em game. If you don't understand what any of this means, 0.02$ is the Small Blind, 0.02$ is the Big blind, 9-Handed means there are 9people at a table, and No-Limit means there's no limit on how much someone can bet. Once you buy in, you can start making money.

Now there are certain techniques to playing this type of game. The two largest advantages to this game are: The greatly reduced wait-time and the fact that no one has any reads on you. What i mean by this, is that no one knows your style of play, and how much you bluff or not. Now the simple technique here is to play tight-aggressive, with a little twist. That little twist is, almost always bet/fold, because limping (calling big blind pre-flop) is giving the big blind a free chance to see the flop at all times. As long as you play only good hands, and raise at pre-flop only with them, you can hit nothing on the flop and still win the pot without having anything, by simple betting 3x the big blind, because if the flop is pretty mediocre, such betting will cause most players to fold. Try to isolate the pot by having fewer players enter it, and then bluff, and I guarantee you'll make them much more likely to fold, even if they have a low pair. But watch out, if they bet you and you have nothing, fold. If you have nothing and get a bet, fold, because no ones going to take notice of you bluffing because you play with different people every single hand you play. But you have to be careful, and know when to realize that you really shouldn't call that bet, or raise so much to such a flop, because the small losses are worth the money earned in the long run.

For all the knowledge you really need, check this sort of compendium of poker knowledge: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...re-123008.html I'm sure an hour or more of scanning this material will change your gameplay for the better, almost guaranteed.

I'll probably add more to this sometime in the near future, but for now, I hope you enjoyed this small guide!
    Last edited by Kevin; 03-16-2011 at 07:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little update; I just tripled 3.15$ into 10.5$ in 1 hour playing Rush Poker. Warning though, KNOW WHEN TO STOP! It's caused me to fuck up more than once

another update: After just a good 15 minutes, i have 18$.
    Last edited by Kevin; 03-16-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of ways to earn with poker, for all types of persons!

But poker is not for everyone!
    1st -> If you really want to earn, you need to have more than the basic knowledge, you need to know what are the possibilties of the hands of the others, and make a fast calculation for your hand chances etc..

2nd -> Lot of patient! Because if you want to earn with poker, you have to wait a lot!

3rd -> You need to control yourself, poker is a very frustating game, because you can have a pretty good hand and thinking that you will really win, and you lose a good amount of money, and with that it will generate RAGE in your mind and you will start trying to get the money back, which most times gives you a lose of all your money! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MASTER if you really want to earn with poker!

My experience:
    I play poker for a lot of time now, not everytime, just sometimes with friends, just 1 year ago I started to play online, having peeks of playing it in several days straight and peeks of not playing at all for months due to fustation xD

I started with FAKE MONEY for the lulz, than I deposited like 8€ and could make 16-17€, but than I lost control and lost all :/
    Than I started to play free rolls which are tournaments that you enter for free with a prize money, after some of this tournaments I could get in 2nd place which gave me around 3-4$, than I started to play some Sit&Go, which I could win 3 of this in a row because I was really with a fucking patient of hell, dunno how I did it! Got around 15-18$! Than with this I gonne to normal tables and doubled it in 30 minutes, and I thaught to myself, let's stop for a bit...Than after some days I got back, earned more a couple of dollars, and next I lost it all >_>

As you can see, play with care, be patient, don't rage, never play with all your money, let a small amount at the back so you don't lose it all ^^
    If you feel much pression, just stop playing for some days, and get back when more relaxed

BTW, I'm atm at a free roll, let's see if I can win this shit!! xD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaskame For This Useful Post:

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I am a bad poker-player (in real life at the very least) but probably got at bit of cash when playing online.
    When I played 1table-tournaments, I always had a mate on the same table who was on skype with me, LOL.
    And I won a lot of 5$-1on1-tables by simply going all in with both cards 8+ (that probably the cheapest way of playing poker, enemies raged hardcore all the time and afterwards lost with ragecalling )

Now looking at your method kevin, I see you also found a way to play online poker profitable, by taking away the most basic skill of poker(reading people), I salute you

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to X-räi For This Useful Post:

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    Now looking at your method kevin, I see you also found a way to play online poker profitable, by taking away the most basic skill of poker(reading people), I salute you
    I just realized I'm not that good - Poker Forums

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting read, I might try this out.

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ______tl;dr____

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    ______tl;dr____
    As long as you play solid, you don't need to be a good reader. But I mean, there IS reading in Rush Poker, just you don't have any previous reads on your opponent, so have to base what you do upon the avg.

ItzNitro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanna know how to make the millions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Warning though, KNOW WHEN TO STOP!
    This is how. This is the single-most important rule when gambling, in any way.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great Yeah Know when to stop, and dont gamble with more than you can afford to loose is something that should be in your mind..
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."