What are the Class Rolls in WoW?

This is a discussion on What are the Class Rolls in WoW? within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; When initial starting WoW you might be confused by a lot of things. In the event you arenít quite familiar ...

wowgoldfarming is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the Class Rolls in WoW?

When initial starting WoW you might be confused by a lot of things. In the event you arenít quite familiar with MMO style online games than you may have to find out quite a few to greater recognize whatís going to be expected from you if you enter into a group or raid whilst playing.

In a MMO like WoW most of the game play is directed around grouping up either in small five man communities or huge 25 person groups for raids. In each one of these there is certainly always a particular sort of team composition necessary. You are going to want a fair bit of Tanks, Healers, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS. Without all of these elements youíll not possibly be extremely effective inside your adventure.

So letís break them down
    Tanks
    A Tankís job might be summed right up pretty simple. He has to keep the goal or targets attacking him while watching out for any contributes (additional targets that may search or get pulled simply by somebody). Thereís more into it obviously but thatís the basics. Fish tanks should be fairly aware of what they are doing and their gear and spec are extremely essential to the accomplishment of the raid. A poor tank can be quite noticeable and can price you everything.
    Healers
    Healers have the job of preserving every person alive. In a suitable raid, the healers will probably be focusing on the actual Tanks although also keeping an eye on your raid. Throughout specific parts of a superior fight, the raid will take destruction as a result of folks walking inside fire or normally you will find thereís boss capacity that will periodically damage everybody. So itís smart to have greater single concentrate on healers on the tanks and greater aoe form healers on the raid.
    DPS
    This can be broken down to a few sub categories but they also all have the same purpose, to accomplish as significantly harm as they can. Generally raids will want a balance among Ranged in addition to Melee dps. You can find some scenarios where you will need a specific amount of ranged vs melee as well as a number of instances exactly where it is going to be extremely hard to kill a boss and not using a nice balance in between the a couple.
    When starting for the first time you should go having a DPS class 1st as they have just a little a lot more area for error than a fish tank or healer. Whilst this is not giving you permission to let up, a raid can get by a lot less complicated using a few sub a par dps than it could with a few healers or even a poor tank.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wowgoldfarming For This Useful Post:

corpsey is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds nice

Farlig is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a wow nab, been playing a palatank for about a month. One thing I don't get, is why I am at the top of the dps list in like 75% of the dungeons I'm doing. (1-80 I was on top 99,9% of the time) The class who outdps me the most is the mage, but wtf.

Every DPS should outdps the tank IMO.
    Farlig

AbsoluteIdeal is offline Newbie Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Can you post more about classes and categories? This could be a great tutorial for people new to MMORPGs.

reversecowgirl is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farlig View Post
    I'm a wow nab, been playing a palatank for about a month. One thing I don't get, is why I am at the top of the dps list in like 75% of the dungeons I'm doing. (1-80 I was on top 99,9% of the time) The class who outdps me the most is the mage, but wtf.

Every DPS should outdps the tank IMO.
    I can only assume you don't understand that threat generation is directly tied to dps, so an equal geared tank and an equal geared dps shouldn't be too far apart. (maybe 10-20% difference for tank and spanks, 30-50% for fights that favor a specific dps mechanic.)

Tanks tend to hit incredibly hard, which is a reason they are played so much in pvp.

In wotlk it wasn't uncommon for a tank to do 6k while dps were doing 8k, back before any class was breaking 10k.

On trash especially, tanks tend to way out dps other classes because of superior aoe skills. The balance comes in when you consider the raid utility dps classes bring that tanks don't.