What would you do under a zombie apocalypse?

This is a discussion on What would you do under a zombie apocalypse? within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; I would like to know what you would do under a zombie apocalypse! How you would survive, what weapons you ...

naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do under a zombie apocalypse?

I would like to know what you would do under a zombie apocalypse!
    How you would survive, what weapons you would use, where you would live and so on!

How I would survive?

1, I would try not to panic. Also, i wouldnt go out of my house. Since the place i live in is pretty "secure", one way in. One way out. Strong doors and its high to the windows.
    2, I would try to contact as many people i know. As fast as possible before the "social network" goes down.
    3, I would wait out the worst things, im talking about the beggining of the apocalypse. When people are running around, fighting, dies. I would just try to wait it out, till the shitstorm calms down.
    4, I would try to travel silance, with like. A bike (at first) and try to find my friends.
    5, when/if i find my friends, i would check if they were bit, or in any possible way infected.
    6, I would get the hell out of the city.

What weapons would I use?

I think that i would use silance weapons, bats, planks, pipes, knifes, axes and things like that.
    If you are using shooting weapons you will attract more zombies.

Where would I live/survive?

If i've found atleast 2-3 friends that still lives, i would try to find a working truck and drive to muskö. Its a big swedish "underground city" which was built under the cold war in case that the russians attacked sweden. Its a really safe and big place, also. The military and other people would go there.

If it isnt possible to go to the place I have planed to go to? Where would I go?

I would move, all the time. Never stay in the same place more than 2-3 days, it could easily be overrun by zombie hordes.

Now guys, its your time to answer!

1, How would you survive?

2, What weapons would you use?

3, Where would you live/survive?

4, If it isnt possible to go to the place you have planed to go to? What would you do?

"zombie rules"

1, They can run.
    2, If someone is bit, it will take less than 72 hours to become an infected.
    3, The zombies cant starve. But they will rotten.
    4, They are not "dumb" they can use ladders, and open doors as normal. They cant use tools, like hammers, knives and such.
    5, The zombies are not overpowered, they wont mutate into retarded red big giant frogs and climb walls, roofs e.x
    6, Their brain must be destroyed in order to really kill them

So

What would you do?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to naxel For This Useful Post:

Foxhound is offline Yo, Mr. White!
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tl;dr

Beaving is offline Терпение, мой друг

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are destined to die anyway if you don't live in a rural area far away from cities, because you need to grow your own food and get your own water. The zombies there won't be much of a problem.

And in the populated areas you will be looted and killed by raiders anyway, so no chance there . Would be awesome if you are in a Seals team and you and your group have access to the best weapons, vehicles and other supplies and have some fun zombie and raider hunting with infrared cameras

naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaving View Post
    You are destined to die anyway if you don't live in a rural area far away from cities, because you need to grow your own food and get your own water. The zombies there won't be much of a problem.

And in the populated areas you will be looted and killed by raiders anyway, so no chance there . Would be awesome if you are in a Seals team and you and your group have access to the best weapons, vehicles and other supplies and have some fun zombie and raider hunting with infrared cameras
    If you go to muskö (Worlds most biggest military base) There will be clean water. weapons, food. everything!

if "raiders" comes, they wont get it.

The doors is over 1.5 meters PURE steel!
    Its built to resist nuclearweapons.
    Last edited by naxel; 06-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. How would you survive?

I think I'd follow a similar strategy that you mentioned above. For starters, there'd be no way in hell I'd go outside while all of the chaos is going on. That's just asking to be some random zombie's breakfast/lunch/dinner. I'd stay indoors and start finding ways to board up the windows and keep the doors shut. Basically, I'd find all the vulnerable spots in the house and try to close them off. Once things finally calmed down (relatively speaking) I'd probably take a bike like you said to the nearest grocery store (which is actually about a 20 minute bike ride from my house) and see if anyone is in there. Hopefully, no one will be in there waiting to kill/loot me and I could just freely take whatever was inside (trying to take as many non-perishables as possible!). I'd return to my house and probably just wait out for as long as I could. I kind of live on the outskirts of a town (my neighbors are Amish if that gives you any idea as to the area I'm in) so there's a good chance my house wouldn't be looted.

2. What weapons would you use?

I actually have a few odd weapons in my possession already, including some swords, throwing axes, and things like that. I'd use them and my bow to keep any zombies away. Luckily, my brother runs his own medieval arrow making business so there are plenty of supplies in our basement to keep us armed for a couple months, especially if we keep retrieving the arrows we use.

3. Where would you live/survive?

As I mentioned previously, I'd stay in my house. Initially, everyone wants to freak out because the world is pretty much screwed in this situation. If I stayed in my house and let all the freaking out people either kill each other or get eaten/infected by zombies, that'd increase my survival chances (thank you Darwin). Yea, that's kind of a morbid strategy, but you know what they say, YOLO (unless you're a zombie, but then that doesn't really apply to you anyways).

4. If it isn't possible to go to the place you have planed to go to? What would you do?

If that wasn't possible, I'd probably head to the high school. Yes, it would be a lot of ground to cover to make sure the entire building is secure, but with enough people, it could be done. With the security cameras and bullet-proof glass main doors, it'd be a pretty sweet shelter from zombies and looters alike. If I remember correctly, there are roughly 10 entrances to the school, many of which could be blocked off easily. As for windows, they are already really small (people can't crawl through them) so we could board them up or just let them how they are since most people climbing through would get stuck, making easy targets. Somewhere in the building there are stairs that go up to the roof so we could build some sort of watch tower to make sure we aren't sitting ducks too.

Obviously a lot of things would have to go right in order for my plans to work. There's a good chance everything would go wrong and I'd be bitten or killed in the process, but it was worth explaining. Good topic/questions. Hope you enjoyed my somewhat well prepared strategy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zbon141 For This Useful Post:

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1, How would you survive?

First I would barricade my self in the mall near my house. I would kill anyone who is moving in there be it human, zombie or animal. Would take a few close friends and family with me. The mall would provide me with enough food, water and hobbies to keep me occupied and sane. After we wait it out a bit I would go get several big trucks to transport my group to the military base where I would arm us with weapons and vehicles.

After that we would go to my village, we have an old bunker there and can easily navigate the terrain.

2, What weapons would you use?
    At first I would mostly use cold weapons like swords since I'm trained in using them properly.
    But that wouldn't last long bec we would need firepower to at least scare the raiders and so on.
    If it's armed and doesn't see me I kill it.

3, Where would you live/survive?
    First the mall then the village.

4, If it isnt possible to go to the place you have planed to go to? What would you do?
    I would probably go to a some kind of a plant that produces food or something similar.
    Basically a place that can sustain us while we figure out something better.

P.S. I wouldn't give a fuck about social networks and people that aren't close to me.
    If your sensitive you die. Kill on sight and thats that.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I live up in the hills... so np and I would drink myself to death.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Malish For This Useful Post:

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly the same you did unless we are maybe bound to die, so i would do alto of drugs when the chances of survival looks bad.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaving View Post

You don't know us. Some of us are destined zombie killing bad asses.

On a serious note, you can't assume to know how it would play out.

My fiance and I plan for this actually. Well, not like super plan, but we leave the option on the table. Not just for zombies but any type of Apocalypse scenario. That means war, hyperinflation, etc. We started to grow our own food of late. We did it at the house we used to live at. As for means of protection. I wouldn't trust anybody. I don't care what your problems are, you get too close, I'll bash your brains in. The safety of my missus and our overly large dog are the number one priority. I have a bow, rifle and machete (That I bought precisely for these types of situations.) We live in the mountains now, so I can just go hunt the ever growing population of deer. That is, unless all the fleeing people hit them all with their cars. The area we live in isn't bad. Not heavily populated. Not even remotely mild in population. Plus, there is a beer store like a quarter-mile away. I'd have to preserve that.

So help humanity when my beer would run out.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-21-2013 at 06:39 PM.

@kent