Obama care (And other rather boring political issues)

This is a discussion on Obama care (And other rather boring political issues) within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; Originally Posted by Plutonium239 Getting 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs isn't possible. ~3 million job openings, ~11 million unemployed. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonium239 View Post
    Getting 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs isn't possible. ~3 million job openings, ~11 million unemployed. Not to mention that you wouldnt have time for those extra jobs. Its impossible.
    Wouldn't have time? To what, fit in some gaming or socializing with friends?

When it comes down to it, you make time for life, not for shit for your own enjoyment. (I use you in this statement in general terms.)

By the way, becoming poor by wracking up credit card debt because your too fucking greedy and want to buy a boat or some shit, still counts.

@kent

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Also, drug tests are easily avoidable. Not to mention that the research was done with a short scale of participants.
    No, states have implemented this on a full scale, testing every single recipient. Less than 10% use drugs. The drug testing actually costs the state more to do than it does to just hand out welfare.

---------- Post added at 047 PM ---------- Previous post was at 047 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wouldn't have time? To what, fit in some gaming or socializing with friends?

When it comes down to it, you make time for life, not for shit for your own enjoyment. (I use you in this statement in general terms.)

By the way, becoming poor by wracking up credit card debt because your too fucking greedy and want to buy a boat or some shit, still counts.
    No time for sleeping, or anything besides working.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Getting 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs isn't possible. ~3 million job openings, ~11 million unemployed. Not to mention that you wouldnt have time for those extra jobs. Its impossible.
    You sure don't live near the ghetto then? Where I live the town right by, yeah they all spanish immigrants working like 3-4 jobs a day, and their husbands, IF STILL AROUND, work atleast 2 jobs, just so they can pay a nice $11000 school tax, and to put food on table, and much other BS crap. lol
    welcome to the life of the worst rated county in New York State >.>
    I love them to death though, hard workers man.
    Last edited by Safou; 09-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, states have implemented this on a full scale, testing every single recipient. Less than 10% use drugs. The drug testing actually costs the state more to do than it does to just hand out welfare.

---------- Post added at 047 PM ---------- Previous post was at 047 PM ----------

You can easily juggle two part time jobs and have time for sleep.

I'm working a full time job, and a part time job, and still have time to take a fucking nap besides my normal sleep. It is what you make it.

@kent

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's not done on a full scale globally. On some states, yes, they are testing. Not all states are adopting this just yet. Also, the Utah example was done on a short scale of participants. You also failed to illustrate that a bunch of welfare applicants dropped out when told of their drug testing policy. Say all the welfare receivers are tested, all 500,000 of them. Less than 10% would be around 49,999. 49,999 reaping benefits for drugs? That's a problem. And the idea that the drug testing costs the state more than to just hand it out is a lie. There is a reason they are doing it in the first place. They are trying to save money by removing the pool of drug using applicants, those same applicants they would've been paying had they not tested them. Also, your "no time for multiple jobs" is very ignorant and biased. Maybe that's your situation, since you're on D3Scene and WC3 most of the time, but people out there do have multiple jobs and make it work. Come to New York and find out how many are working their butts off, and how many are spending their wellfare money to buy the higher end of groceries.
    Last edited by Flash; 09-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol idk if it includes alcohol.. but throw alcohol and drugs together I bet it's way more than 10%... I got so many people begging for money like 20feet away from liquor store it's ridiculous.

I would flip flop it around and say 10% are actually using it on shit they really need lmfao.

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait wait wait, so i have no job and im going to be required to pay for medical insurance or be fined? ya our govt can go fuck themselves.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to h4344 For This Useful Post:

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just curious, what water do you drink from and where do you get these facts? Did you make them up?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AmpFlorian For This Useful Post:

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    seriously screw american politics. china has their own private company where they go around buying shit like it's their job, and they are going to become very very rich over it. Too bad america can't see past that and start doing the same thing to lessen our taxes.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moved to Spamboard for various eligible reasons.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jolinar For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast