Obama care (And other rather boring political issues)

This is a discussion on Obama care (And other rather boring political issues) within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; I have no immediate interest in politics or anything related to our government. With that being said, use this thread ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Obama care (And other rather boring political issues)

I have no immediate interest in politics or anything related to our government. With that being said, use this thread to address your issues, agreements or concerns relating to topics that most of us find boring.

Discuss them here. Kgo.

Politics: ObamaCare in a nutshell | Best of Cain

Last edited by Matt; 09-02-2013 at 08:33 PM.

@kent

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one wants it because companies are going to suffer and will most likely drop all their workers to part time which will destroy the economy. Also, you're forced to buy insurance which is basically like forcing someone to buy something they may or may not.. and then they fine you for not wanting to pay for it. The unhealthy and people paying the minimum are going to get massive benefits while the rich and healthy are going to be paying more for it to subsidize the poor benefits. Obama keeps trying to help the poor. Which is fine, if you're part of it.

1) poor people have to pay, yes. But rich people are going to have to pay more because of Obama trying to expand the services to all americans. While the poor do have to pay, the services they are getting are much more in return than it is supposed to be. If you pay for insurance, you get the full ride basically.. which is silly because the full ride is much too expensive and that's where most of the money will be going to, to help fund those remaining costs.
    Last edited by Flash; 09-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Plutonium239 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "death panel" is an egregious misnomer. Its the way every insurance company works. They have some people who decide what will and will not be covered by the insurance. This is not decided on a case by case basis. They also decide how much of something will be covered. The Affordable Care Act(Obamacare) is a fairly good piece of legislation, although it is not what we progressives wanted. It was designed to help bring insurance rates down(which it has), to slow down the growth in costs(which it has), and to prevent some terrible business practices that the insurance companies were doing from taking place again(which it has done). Obamacare is not an insurance plan, it is a piece of legislation that regulates the healthcare industry. How does Obamacare drive down costs you ask? That's simple, it forces insurance companies to actually compete for your business in a market place. The individual mandate also helps drive down costs. How does it do this? Well, look at what happens when an uninsured person gets sick and goes to the hospital for treatment. The hospital cannot deny them emergency treatment no matter if they have health insurance or not. Many times these uninsured people cannot pay the hospital back. So how does the hospital absorb the cost? They charge everyone with insurance extra to make up for that uninsured person. With Obamacare people will be required by law to have health insurance or get hit with a penalty tax. With the drop in cost in health insurance and the people who don't have it being hit by the extra tax then they uninsured people will go out and get insurance on one of the markets. Some people may still not be able to afford health insurance, which is why medicaid was expanded.

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmpFlorian For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    That's pretty much just saying make them get jobs.

@kent

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    that's pretty much solves the problem. I have a friend who lives in government housing and pays $300, including utility and housing. $300 and receiving wellfare as well? yeah right. The reality and truth of it all, people need to help themselves. JFK is my favorite president simply because of his line telling americans to get off their butts and stop relying on the government. It seems the ideal motto for everyone is whine and receive and they take living in America as an entitlement. Remember, don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
    Last edited by Flash; 09-02-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was raised in a broken home with a drugged up mother and an abusive drunk step father, throughout my childhood I experienced many things I would hope no one else had to. We lived in poverty because of my mother's inability to go out and get a steady paying job because of her addiction, so she stayed with a drunk to be able to pay bills. In my opinion majority of the people in poverty are there because of their choices. We make it too easy to leach off of other's taxes through welfare etc. Thus why I quoted it.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    I was raised in a broken home with a drugged up mother and an abusive drunk step father, throughout my childhood I experienced many things I would hope no one else had to. We lived in poverty because of my mother's inability to go out and get a steady paying job because of her addiction, so she stayed with a drunk to be able to pay bills. In my opinion majority of the people in poverty are there because of their choices. We make it too easy to leach off of other's taxes through welfare etc. Thus why I quoted it.
    A lot of people have had bad childhoods. Mine was shit too.

The outcome of your life is based off of what decisions you make. If you choose to sit at home, not get a job, etc. Enjoy being poor.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The outcome of your life is based off of what decisions you make. If you choose to sit at home, not get a job, etc. Enjoy being poor.
    Exactly, which is why my quote is so spot on. I personally think that we give the poor too much as it is. Our life choices make us who we are, whether that's scum, or a productive person, it's all on us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AmpFlorian For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy being poor.. Or apply for benefits and complain about not getting enough for minimum wage. McDonald's employees were on a strike asking for $15 an hour.. Are they serious? My cousin spent 4 years and another 2 years and he's breaking $20 an hour. How is a burger flipper worth $5 less than someone with an established degree? Jesus Christ, some people are just expecting handouts left and right. Working in McDonald's or any minimum wage job is simply a stepping stone to supply your career. Those people working in McDonald's most likely get off work and spend that money on luxurious clothing/objects they shouldn't be putting money into. What they should be doing is using that money from working at McDonald's to fund a better opportunity for themselves.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast