View Poll Results: Should the US intervene militarily in Syria?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

39 67.24%
  • Other(please specify)

6 10.34%

Syria

This is a discussion on Syria within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; Originally Posted by VowOFSilencE This is wrong, immoral, we can't be like this. How are you guys thinking? That syria ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    brinkz is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VowOFSilencE View Post
    This is wrong, immoral, we can't be like this. How are you guys thinking? That syria hasn't done anything for you "what should we give back to them?" "Fuck them." What can they give back to you but their love. My family is from Kurdistan, and my father told stories about his time during being part of the Kurdish Guerilla's. It was horrible, he isn't happy of what he saw, 11-12 year old kurdish fighters volunteering to protect their country, they had actually volunteered. Im serious, they had wanted to get revenge upon what Saddam had done to their families and country and so on.

One story my father told me was that he once knew this teacher, he had 3 children, all whom were boys. He went to war to protect kurdish lands, the kurds had no money at all, oil was stolen from them, by their own people, by the corrupt kurds, whom I hate and dislike very much. Back to the story, the kurd had 3 children, whom were about 2-3 years apart each. So the dad went to war and shortly after, sadly he died in combat. The first son had believed to avenge his father, therefore he went to war to protect and continue his fathers legacy. Shortly after he also died. The second child, had not wanted to avenge his father, but protect the lands, therefore he also went to war. And sadly died, the same thing happened to the third child. A tragic story it was indeed .

But they had no money at all, they had nothing to give to the U.S but their love, you should see what they put up in kurdistan, they love bush so much it's unbelievable, he protected them at the end. But At the end he came, he came when the last thing was to be done, capture Saddam Hussein, the part in history in which nobody knows or recalls is when we had fought the war, the kurds had fought it for over 20 years. And the U.S only took part when Kuwait was being attacked. Therefore they had no business and intention to help us. I believe they won't like to make the same mistake with Syria. Think of the innocent families being killed.

I even think one innocent life is worth more than junk. As everyones life is unvaluable, whether gender, race or skin colour. Therefore I think the U.S do right by helping Syria, and should continue, not world police, world gratitude, they are amazing people, kind generous and happy.
    True dat.
    In the past the USA "walked in" into some countries which didn't needed help.
    But Syria does need help. They actually trying to change the situation in their country, may be even trying to build up a democracy, which is simply impossible for them with a dictator.
    Asking what Syria has done for us is just a stupid question, what can they do when a dictator is leading the country?
    I mean now there actually is a country which could need the help of the USA, and which wouldn't be invented because of the oil and stuff and now the USA should do nothing?

Flash is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is wrong, immoral, we can't be like this. How are you guys thinking? That syria hasn't done anything for you "what should we give back to them?" "Fuck them." What can they give back to you but their love. My family is from Kurdistan, and my father told stories about his time during being part of the Kurdish Guerilla's. It was horrible, he isn't happy of what he saw, 11-12 year old kurdish fighters volunteering to protect their country, they had actually volunteered. Im serious, they had wanted to get revenge upon what Saddam had done to their families and country and so on.

One story my father told me was that he once knew this teacher, he had 3 children, all whom were boys. He went to war to protect kurdish lands, the kurds had no money at all, oil was stolen from them, by their own people, by the corrupt kurds, whom I hate and dislike very much. Back to the story, the kurd had 3 children, whom were about 2-3 years apart each. So the dad went to war and shortly after, sadly he died in combat. The first son had believed to avenge his father, therefore he went to war to protect and continue his fathers legacy. Shortly after he also died. The second child, had not wanted to avenge his father, but protect the lands, therefore he also went to war. And sadly died, the same thing happened to the third child. A tragic story it was indeed .

But they had no money at all, they had nothing to give to the U.S but their love, you should see what they put up in kurdistan, they love bush so much it's unbelievable, he protected them at the end. But At the end he came, he came when the last thing was to be done, capture Saddam Hussein, the part in history in which nobody knows or recalls is when we had fought the war, the kurds had fought it for over 20 years. And the U.S only took part when Kuwait was being attacked. Therefore they had no business and intention to help us. I believe they won't like to make the same mistake with Syria. Think of the innocent families being killed.

I even think one innocent life is worth more than junk. As everyones life is unvaluable, whether gender, race or skin colour. Therefore I think the U.S do right by helping Syria, and should continue, not world police, world gratitude, they are amazing people, kind generous and happy.
    ... This is stupid. Sounds like you want HELP all over it. U.S has done enough. We need to worry about our citizens, not the ones who are out there eating human hearts and livers. Sorry, we feel for you guys but us getting into this Syria battle means we're vulnerable to more attacks. What the hell is Syria anyways? Where were they when we were fighting multiple wars? Haven't heard from them until it is them who want help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im all for sending aid, just not troops. It's not our job to hold everyone's hand.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    K.
    Why should I go over to Syria to blow up some random people I don't even know, and will not ever know, to risk my life and possibly watch my wife, kids, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, grandpas, grandmas, and cousins, my whole family mourn my death all because the U.S. got involved in another country killing their citizens?

Next question: If we back up Syria because their government is killing their own citizens, then why don't we go into Russia where they kill their own citizens daily? Yeah exactly ... It's time to be Canada for once, and 95% of every other country.

All I know is that we go help Syria, good possibility of WW3, and we will prob be even more of a target to terrorists, and I hate to say this, but it could fucking be YOU getting blown up because we entered a useless war with syria. Think about that, I live in NYC, and yeah... I don't want to be another target ty.
    City already sucks.
    NYC patrol cars everywhere, cops everywhere, cameras everywhere, scanners everywhere, people everywhere.
    Switzerland: Wtf is a cop? Wtf is a patrol? Wtf is a scanner? Yeah... I think they have way less cameras too.

Other countries are safer than USA now... kinda sad , and it's basically because of our international affairs. Like Israel, Iraq, Iran, Syria, ect ect.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Safou For This Useful Post:

Atex is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont even care if I get an infraction, "If I offend you." But you are a very stubborn and badly placed argumentive person. You are a very scared person (sorry for offence), you don't want to enter war and I understand that, but so don't the innocent Syrians! We have to give them a chance, we have to give them our love, with troops and aid. We have to help them. If we want to get rid of terrorists, we can't blame the innocent Syrians of this.

They aren't the ones who are doing this, not the families who are living in fear every day, not the families who are troubled and scared of going outside. Living in a war-zoned country is nothing how it seems. For you, it's sitting behind a tv-screen watching what's going on.

And WTF? Iraq is not safer than the U.S, are you out of your mind? Where do you get your facts from? The troubled reality is bombings and several killings everyday. It's a war between iraq and it's borders going on, several die a day. And you should have seen iraq 10-15 years ago.. More specifically you should have seen Kurdistan, then you would understand pity.

It's not a pretty view.
    Still i dont think its america's job to fucking help some poor as country when their government is bullshit...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atex For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know why they are poor? Because of their shitty corrupt government, I totally agree but I still think the U.S government should help bring their community of innocent towards safety, they deserve to live as much as us, they have been through so much. And we are sitting here debating about why we shouldn't help lives equal to ours.
    Our amendments and freedom applies to us, not you or the other people living far away. We created enough mess, we don't need to help others when we need help ourselves. You don't seem to know much about anything. Ethically, yes, we should help. Is it right for us to help? We have our own worries and our president has already vowed to send our troops back home. If you want help, maybe you should deploy yourself out there and help. If not, you can continue selling your game keys and act as if you are going to do something. You haven't offended anyone. You're just upset that America has far greater issues to handle. And what the hell do you mean by "worry about your own citizens"? You're saying America should help yet you're telling us to worry about our own citizens? The hell are you on today?

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed by Vow, Scared of getting infraction.
    This is what you originally posted before editing it.

Removed by Jolinar for privacy's sake.

I don't think you went through all that. You're just trying to prove your case by being a hypocrite. You said Americans should help but then you stated that you don't want to help because you've already seen it? So why do you want someone else to go and help Syria if you yourself aren't willing to? Maybe one day you'll understand, Americans are spoiled, so what? We live in the greatest country and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Do you suppose that we should go around saving the world like we're the Justice League? You live in a fantasy where you think everyone should help each other and hold hands to a picnic. It doesn't work that way. We have a lot to lose and little to gain when we involve ourselves with this predicament. The government understands that and that is why they are very hesitant to enter into any conflict. When Obama took office, people wanted to cut down on military spending. What kind of agenda will the U.S government lay down if they blatantly do the opposite? Remember, this is not just about Syria. If we attack Syria, North Korea might feel the need to justify an attack. So will Russia.. and maybe even China. This isn't 1-2-3, attack.
    Last edited by Jolinar; 09-04-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Changed what was necessary.

Flash, do me a favor and don't get insulting. Same goes for VowOFSilencE of course.

Atex is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vow u said u never want to be in war again.. Why should Americans send their people to war then?.. Makes no sense

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    THat entire region is a barrel of gunpowder atm, if US ignite it.. the fire will spread.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast