Sociopaths

This is a discussion on Sociopaths within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; So recently I've been talking to this friend of mine about his life and his feelings etc., and some of ...

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociopaths

So recently I've been talking to this friend of mine about his life and his feelings etc., and some of the things he has said, and things I have seen him do make me believe that he lacks remorse to a certain extent and lacks feelings of empathy towards just about everything. This friend of mine has had a rough childhood and many social/drug issues throughout his life. Hes been in and out of jail and rehab and he honestly says he doesn't feel about any of the violent stuff he has done. I have become very curious on the topic of sociopaths because of this and Google just isn't explaining things enough, I have more questions than it can answer. I was curious if anyone was an expert on this topic or has some expertise and could tell me what they know about this topic. All information given is greatly appreciated.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The fact that he dont give a shit anymore, dont mean his a sociopath. Sounds to me like he have given up. People that is in the mud over longer time, tend to give up/ aka dont give a shit anymore.. over longer time feelings are sympathy and compassion gets pushed away by anger and destructive toughs.. <<-- which destroys you over longer time.. it fucks you up. (Mind vice)

No one is born without feelings.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Malish For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that, but he doesn't have violent tendencies, he just doesn't care. There is no remorse to him.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depressed. Using drugs to medicate himself for lack of whatever he's depressed about. There are different levels of it, but it's obv not deep.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A sosiopats mind is rare.. feeling about nothing when it comes to other people.. etc..

Would you not feel sorry for a small boy that crash on his bike and fracture his scull? Some people would laugh of the sight, but then feel more remorse when they understand what they did and then show compassion...

Todays world are way to fast when it comes to diagnose peoples minds.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    A sosiopats mind is rare.. feeling about nothing when it comes to other people.. etc..

Would you not feel sorry for a small boy that crash on his bike and fracture his scull? Some people would laugh of the sight, but then feel more remorse when they understand what they did and then show compassion...

Todays world are way to fast when it comes to diagnose peoples minds.
    I understand, and that's why I'm seeking information, I never once said they were a Sociopath, I was just curious.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you heard of Anxiety ? Its a disorder which can lead to other problems as well. There is a medication called Vistril (which I take 50mg morning and night) and it helps alot with calming down your nervous system.

*A few links you might want to also read*
    Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - I doubt this relates to him
    Emotional detachment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Could possibly be signs
    Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - I think this fits as well