Why?

This is a discussion on Why? within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; Matt's definitions why people cheat is so accurate....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    Cipa's Avatar
    Cipa is offline Pootis Spencer Here.


    Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    de_nuke
    Posts
    2,652
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1209
    Matt's definitions why people cheat is so accurate.

    Last edited by Cipa; 08-30-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    Click the image to visit our website.

  2. #12
    naxel's Avatar
    naxel is offline NAMBLA
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    659
    I hack because i have money to hack



    Also i earn a li'l bit of good ol' money 4 doin it.
    And its fun to piss people off.

  3. #13
    jbx's Avatar
    jbx
    jbx is offline Geek
    Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    Why do you all hack and ruin the game for other people?
    We don't... who cheats? We should get them banned from here because that's wrong! I'm so mad right now.

    Nevermind ..I lied. But to answer your question, I hack and ruin the game for other people because I'm probably a fat nerdy virgin that is bad at the game legit and I just wanted people to think I was good. If that failed at least they paid attention to me. I'm so alone here at home..god look what you started where is my diary

  4. #14
    Tracky's Avatar
    Tracky is offline Administrator

    Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,795
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    40
    Reputation
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    That's specifically the reason you shouldn't do it. What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others?
    What do you want me to answer here?
    No matter what I'll answer, it's not going to suffice your need of discussion. In the end you'd have to visit me, hang around for a few days and make yourself a picture what kind of person I am.

    I'd say in general I am a very nice person, helping others no matter what it's about and being bearable almost always ;p. I have pleasure hacking because, as Matt already perfectly pointed out, it's in our all nature to win.
    It may be important to notice that I personally only hack when I am really bored of a game. That can be due to me having achieved a good amount of skill already or just because I simply do not care about the game, as you pointed out.

    Again, I have no idea what you try to achieve. We did have this discussion ever since this forum was founded and even before, just elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?
    I don't think this comparison fits.
    I obviously do not harm people physically, neither mentally. I just do not see how I'd be responsible for the mental harm a person gets by getting cheated on in a video game. Honestly, just no. I will not even step on to discussing this matter, as in my opinion it's completely off the target.

  5. #15
    Safou's Avatar
    Safou is offline '-'



    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    713
    I hack because of people like you who go to hacking type forums and cry about it lmao.

    Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

  6. #16
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Here's an answer for your completely absurd question.

    People hack because people want to win. It's called having the upper hand. It's evolution. Survival of the fittest. If you can't adapt by developing some sort of anti-cheat or convince the game companies to do it, sucks for you. You aren't going to be able to stop it.
    I'm not sure where evolution comes into play. I mean just to be quite clear, in order for a species to survive, the species as a whole needs to succeed (if not the species as a whole a larger section of the species' gene pool/community unit). Individualism is not a necessary - and even a detrimental - component for species survival. Since if you only look out for number one, everyone else dies off. So that's not how evolution works, not according to Darwin, or any other serious evolutionary biologist. But that's all besides the point. Just because Nature operated a certain way in the past it doesn't follow that it should continue to operate that way. There's a difference between a descriptive fact and a normative fact. It's completely normal and in line with evolution to develop poor eye sight after the age of 20, yet we wear glasses. In short, appealing to natural facts does not justify behavior, it may, at best, explain how the behavior developed. But in this case your understanding of evolution is false, and it's a description one would expect to find a wall street PR campaign, or a comical villain in a Hollywood film (like Gordon Gecko). Still this all really besides the point.

    Also, people hack because IT'S FUN.

    Yes but that's begging the question. My specific question was what kind of person derives pleasure (or has FUN) by engaging in these types of activities. You've only reaffirmed the question, and yet you think you've answered it.


    Do you realize how many hackers are pleased to see you crying about it on a forum? It brings joy to them. Because in the end, they won. They beat you in the game, then turned around and beat your morale down so far that they beat you in real life.
    I'm certainly not crying. I'm asking a series of reasonable questions in hopes of establishing an answer to those questions. But again, this answer is begging the question. I'm asking what type of person gets joy, derives satisfaction, has fun, etc., at the expense of someone else. You're affirming the need for the question, you're not providing an answer. Do you see this? Or is the line of thought too confusing? I could try to be clearer if need be...?


    Don't target a whole community assuming they all do the same thing. There is more to this place than hacking.
    I asked an open ended question and people are free to ignore it, answer it, or in the case so far, write fallacious replies predicated on simple misunderstandings and presumptuous outlooks. I'm not targeting anyone. If someone feels the question targets them though, then perhaps it does. If you asked "why do rapist rape", I certainly wouldn't feel targeted, nor would I presume the open question targeted all listeners/readers. Is that clear?


    And as you say, I'm not trying to come across as hostile, this is just intellectual curiosity, and I'm not trying to be mean, degrading, or cruel, or as you put it, I'm trying to be "clean".

    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    I hack because of people like you who go to hacking type forums and cry about it lmao.
    Since I'm not crying about this on a forum, that answer isn't sufficient. Although again, it reaffirms the need for the question, what type of person are you, that you derive pleasure from upsetting other people? Even if I was crying, your answer stills begs the question.

    Although I do want to point out, the people I experience in live that go out of their way to make other people cry, for satisfaction, are not held in high regard. And usually when one seeks out an explanation for their bullying behavior, the answer is significantly deeper than, "it's fun".

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post

    I don't think this comparison fits.
    I obviously do not harm people physically, neither mentally. I just do not see how I'd be responsible for the mental harm a person gets by getting cheated on in a video game. Honestly, just no. I will not even step on to discussing this matter, as in my opinion it's completely off the target.
    I'm going to have to contest your claim that hacking/cheating against other players is not mentally harmful. In order to contest it I want to establish some premises, some of which are reasonable, others empirical/observational. First, mental harm has a large gradation, ranging from upset, sad, feeling wronged, etc, to more serious mental harm like PTSD. I'm not accusing you of inflicting PTSD, but I think most people now recognize that basic bullying inflicts mental harm, even if that harm is a short feeling of being wronged or being upset. Correct? Second, I think the empirical evidence comes from the responders on this forum, several of whom have affirmed that they specifically hack/cheat because they like to see people cry/get upset. So even the proponents of cheating are recognizing that they are mentally harming people, even if the harm is not PTSD strong, it still exists. After all making someone cry - without justification - would be considered mentally harmful, right? (obviously there can be justification for making someone cry, for instance if a break up in a relationship is necessary, or someone needs to be told a certain medical condition they have that's dire). But we still haven't established the justification for cheating/hacking in games.

    Now you seem to be saying that fine, people are cheating, but so what, it's not the cheaters fault the regular player is getting upset, so clearly the cheater isn't responsible for anything. This could possibly be true, for instance, we wouldn't hold you morally responsible (just causally responsible) for making a widower cry, if you walked by her wearing - let's say - her deceased husbands favorite cologne and it triggered a memory. But the cases don't quite overlap. For instance, there is a reasonable expectation by the people who purchased and play CS, and agree to the terms of service, that they will be entering a competitive, but fair match, where the only thing that separates them from other players is their level of skill, not their level of third party software. By cheating you violate the social contract, which reasonable people expect to be maintained and agreed to follow, thus you are responsible for your violating actions. And if you are responsible for your violating actions, you're responsible for the consequences those actions cause to people who are upholding the contract. So you're responsible for mental harm.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbx View Post
    We don't... who cheats? We should get them banned from here because that's wrong! I'm so mad right now.

    Nevermind ..I lied. But to answer your question, I hack and ruin the game for other people because I'm probably a fat nerdy virgin that is bad at the game legit and I just wanted people to think I was good. If that failed at least they paid attention to me. I'm so alone here at home..god look what you started where is my diary
    Are you not capable of sincerity or reflection? I'm somewhat taken aback at the degree to which deflection, and burden shifting, is taking place, from a fairly straight forward question.
    Last edited by justchecking; 08-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.

  7. #17
    Sombreros is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -1
    Nice effort at trolling dude, its actually pretty refreshing to read well constructed and thought out opinions being displayed in a grammatically correct manner, you don't get that in many of the posts on D3. Well, your question has been answered multiple times but i will say, that the type of people that cheat at this game are often the ones that want to feel as if they are winning at something. They want to get good quick, and if that means hurting others in order to do this then they will make this sacrifice because at the end of the day, we are all human and its kill or be killed, quite literally in terms of counter strike.

    I feel like these people have existed in gaming for a very long time, always wanting to succeed at something and not wanting to put the time or effort in to it. This mentality is an addictive one, and the feeling the cheaters get from beating you at your own game as it were, is thrilling to them, it makes them feel as if they have some form of self worth and they enjoy this, this is where the "fun" element comes into play, as no one can truly have fun at playing a game they aren't actually playing, its all in their head.

    I used to cheat in this game and its only recently that i have stopped for the past few months, it was mainly due to work and other things entering my life all at once. I guess what im trying to say is, the type of "person" that cheats at counter strike is usually one that just wants to feel like they are good at the game, they are probably good at another game and from this they develop some form of champion like mentality where they should succeed and win at all games, even games they are truly bad at.

  8. #18
    pancakeman is offline Guru
    Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6
    Reputation
    6
    Hacking is always going to be in the game, so if you can't beat them join them

  9. #19
    Safou's Avatar
    Safou is offline '-'



    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    713
    Actually there is nothing more deeper. Simply it's over the internet. Hacks/cheats/mods make games more fun, and if people complain/cry/ask questions about why your hacking it just makes it that more fun. It's not because i'm the Devil, it's because I need a less boring game. I don't ever play CS, but this isn't just the only game. I would imagine a no-recoil/autoaim hack to be quite fun and amusing. I don't INTEND to see people cry, but when they do it's fucking hilarious because why cry/rage over a shitty video game? I find humor in stupidity, and there is nothing wrong in that. Everyone finds humor in other ways, and that doesn't make them less than anyone else. If someone laughs because some nigga just died of cancer you have to realize that's HIS way in finding laughter, and it's obviously different from you, I and others. It may be wrong to the majority, but all that matters is HE is the one finding humor in it, and you need humor in your life bro.

    Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

  10. #20
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombreros View Post
    Nice effort at trolling dude, its actually pretty refreshing to read well constructed and thought out opinions being displayed in a grammatically correct manner, you don't get that in many of the posts on D3.
    Why do you think I'm trolling? I assure you I am not. But maybe my assurance doesn't mean anything.

    Well, your question has been answered multiple times
    I must have missed the answer, because all the answers I've seen are begging the question. They affirm what is being asked.

    but i will say, that the type of people that cheat at this game are often the ones that want to feel as if they are winning at something. They want to get good quick, and if that means hurting others in order to do this then they will make this sacrifice because at the end of the day, we are all human and its kill or be killed, quite literally in terms of counter strike.
    I agree with you up until the last point, where the post gets excessively extreme. And at the very least it's certainly not a mindset that occupies our more personal relationships of friendship, love, companionship, etc. We do not makes friends and share interpersonal relationships because at the end of the day everything is "kill or be killed". CS is a game, there's literally ZERO threat to your livelihood by playing it legitimately, or illegitimately, or not at all. These frequent appeals to a very bizzaro-world, and factually false form of evolution and natural selection are....strange.
    I feel like these people have existed in gaming for a very long time, always wanting to succeed at something and not wanting to put the time or effort in to it. This mentality is an addictive one, and the feeling the cheaters get from beating you at your own game as it were, is thrilling to them, it makes them feel as if they have some form of self worth and they enjoy this, this is where the "fun" element comes into play, as no one can truly have fun at playing a game they aren't actually playing, its all in their head.

    I used to cheat in this game and its only recently that i have stopped for the past few months, it was mainly due to work and other things entering my life all at once. I guess what im trying to say is, the type of "person" that cheats at counter strike is usually one that just wants to feel like they are good at the game, they are probably good at another game and from this they develop some form of champion like mentality where they should succeed and win at all games, even games they are truly bad at.
    I find this section a lot more intriguing and happen to agree with you. Thank you. I worry thought that if they cheat to feel like they are good, they are necessarily operating under an illusion - since it's the cheats that are good, not them - and this could have negative consequences, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by pancakeman View Post
    Hacking is always going to be in the game, so if you can't beat them join them
    Is this a serious reply? Rape, murder, incest, lying, cheating, stealing, philandering, and suicide, will always be present in society. But certainly we want to cut down on these affairs to the best we can (and there are differences between societies in the rate at which these things occur, so cutting back is possible and doable)? Otherwise you reach absolutely absurd conclusions like, since suicide will always be present, you might as well kill yourself pancakeman (I don't literally mean you should, just rationally that follows). Your stance can be refuted by a reduction to the absurd.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •