Why?

This is a discussion on Why? within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; Do you ever fuck around with people and get them pissed intentionally aka. "troll" them? I bet you do. Cheating ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    Atex's Avatar
    Atex is offline Premium Member

    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,747
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    906
    Do you ever fuck around with people and get them pissed intentionally aka. "troll" them? I bet you do.
    Cheating is the exact same thing


  2. #22
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    Actually there is nothing more deeper. Simply it's over the internet. Hacks/cheats/mods make games more fun, and if people complain/cry/ask questions about why your hacking it just makes it that more fun. It's not because i'm the Devil, it's because I need a less boring game. I don't ever play CS, but this isn't just the only game. I would imagine a no-recoil/autoaim hack to be quite fun and amusing. I don't INTEND to see people cry, but when they do it's fucking hilarious because why cry/rage over a shitty video game? I find humor in stupidity, and there is nothing wrong in that. Everyone finds humor in other ways, and that doesn't make them less than anyone else. If someone laughs because some nigga just died of cancer you have to realize that's HIS way in finding laughter, and it's obviously different from you, I and others. It may be wrong to the majority, but all that matters is HE is the one finding humor in it, and you need humor in your life bro.
    There's so many incoherent sentences, juxtaposed contradictions, and non-sequiturs, that to be quite frank, I lack the time to address them all. But to be clear, what you've said does not make rational sense. You say the game is unimportant, but then affirm that you need to play it. You say hacking makes the game fun, but then affirm that hacking ruins the game for people. You say you find humor in stupidity, but fail to see the stupidity in.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Atex View Post
    Do you ever fuck around with people and get them pissed intentionally aka. "troll" them? I bet you do.
    Cheating is the exact same thing
    That's probably for other people to assess. But if I do do it, I usually feel bad about it, or cease doing it once I can sympathetically see the negative consequences its imparting. For instance, I've said hurtful things in moments of frustration to people, but usually apologize afterwards once I realize it was hurtful. That's just having a rudimentary conscience. Sure people breach their conscience from time to time, but usually a healthy person doesn't 1) celebrate such an act, and 2) make a habit out of it. Constant cheating would therefore imply a very poor conscience.

    Nevertheless, this question is a deflection. It seems as if only one person has actually tried to answer my question, and I appreciate and frankly agree with said answer.

  3. #23
    Byamimo is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -2
    I do it because I can. Unless there is something that can stop me, I'll keep on doing it. VAC Bans are temporary, you can always buy a better more private hacks.

    EZ WIN EZ LIFE.

  4. #24
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -3
    Well you CAN kill yourself, and you CAN remove your eyeballs with a toothpick, but you don't. So certainly saying I do X because I CAN, is not a satisfying answer to anything. Since you DON'T DO a bunch of things that you CAN do. What is so special about hacking that makes it something you do, as opposed to killing yourself or removing your eyeballs with a toothpick?
    Does this make sense?

  5. #25
    Safou's Avatar
    Safou is offline '-'



    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    There's so many incoherent sentences, juxtaposed contradictions, and non-sequiturs, that to be quite frank, I lack the time to address them all. But to be clear, what you've said does not make rational sense. You say the game is unimportant, but then affirm that you need to play it. You say hacking makes the game fun, but then affirm that hacking ruins the game for people. You say you find humor in stupidity, but fail to see the stupidity in.....
    I never stated that the game is "unimportant". By me saying a game sucks because it's boring doesn't automatically means that it's "unimportant" to me. I am not stating that hacking makes the game fun for the OTHER players. It makes it more fun for the actual hacker. Keep trying to act intelligent please because now it's starting to humor me. Don't assume things based off of YOUR theories of how another person's mind works. Thanks!

    Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

  6. #26
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Safou View Post
    Don't assume things based off of YOUR theories of how another person's mind works. Thanks!
    I've actually done the exact opposite if you go back and re-read my opening posts. I've been very clear that I'm trying to understand the hacker's motivations and mind. I have no pre-existing theories that are leading to answers to that question.

    Some of you have offered answers that simply make no sense though.

    (By the way I might add that in general it's basically impossible for any level of communication to occur between two people without some level of assumption regarding the others mind. E.g., I have to assume you're mind is capable of reading, comprehension, and articulation. So your maxim that we shouldn't assume things based on theories of how other peoples' minds work, would end communication entirely. Does this make sense?)

  7. #27
    Safou's Avatar
    Safou is offline '-'



    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    713
    You're taking it too literal. Let me be way more specific. Stop assuming that just because a game is boring that it's not important to me. Like you said in the beginning, if i'm playing a game it has to be a motivation to play it, therefore that makes it at least for ME as a person.... important.

    To actually answer your question I cheat so I don't have to play 24/7 and that makes me able to get a life. What do I consider getting a "life" to be? Oh well you know just getting a education, job, car, gas, food, house, and any other basic necessity.

    Why do I need a cheat so I don't have to play 24/7? Well simple I need to keep up with the average player base.

    Why do I need to keep up with the average player base? Well simple I need to keep up so my character is just as good.

    Why do I need my character to be just as good as the average player base? Well even more simple! I want to be able to beat them.

    Why do I need to beat the average player base? So I can have that feeling of excitement when I win.

    Why do I need to have that feeling of excitement when I win? So I don't ever feel depressed.

    Why do I need to never feel depressed? So I don't hurt myself or loved ones in my life.

    Why do I not want to hurt myself or the loved ones in my life? I love friends, family, and the life I live.

    Why do I love friends, family, and the life I live? Simple, I cheat on a video game that gives me excitement to provide for this great love!

    Why do I cheat on a video game that gives me excitement to provide for this great love? Already answered it bud.
    Last edited by Safou; 08-30-2014 at 07:53 PM.

    Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

  8. #28
    AmpFlorian's Avatar
    AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    There's a series of inconsistencies and contradictions in this post.
    First of all, it's quite clear that 'harm' is not solely equitable with killing. There are degrees of emotional and physical harm, ranging from being upset, to suffering psychological trauma. And of course there are degrees of physical harm, ranging from a pinch, to torture. I imagine you know this.

    Now the previous poster says he likes watching people "going all mad" when he hacks. This would fall under the psychological harm category. Sure it's not post traumatic stress disorder, but it's certainly deriving pleasure/satisfaction, from the HARM of someone else, since going out of your way to psychologically upset someone is harmful.

    If no one cared about the game then people wouldn't play it, people wouldn't get angry at hacks, and people wouldn't be compelled to hack. Any game you don't play is a game you don't care about. A game you do play is one you obviously do care about, since something about it is motivating you to play it.

    So I ask again:

    What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?

    1-10 how butt hurt are you? You actually are so mad you made a account on here to complain. Wow, someone must have really ruined your day.

  9. #29
    Byamimo is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    -2
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    Well you CAN kill yourself, and you CAN remove your eyeballs with a toothpick, but you don't. So certainly saying I do X because I CAN, is not a satisfying answer to anything. Since you DON'T DO a bunch of things that you CAN do. What is so special about hacking that makes it something you do, as opposed to killing yourself or removing your eyeballs with a toothpick?
    Does this make sense?
    It doesn't harm anyone. It's a video game. If you are so concerned about life, stop wasting your time playing stupid games. Go do something far more productive like help the homeless.

    Also I private movie because I can. I also root/jailbreak my phones because I can. It's their fault for making their phones not secure enough.

  10. #30
    SnoopixSnoopiix's Avatar
    SnoopixSnoopiix is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5
    Reputation
    25
    Well, fuck you and vac. WE are cheating deal with it. End of conversation.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •