Why?

This is a discussion on Why? within the Spamboard board part of the General Chat category; Why do you all hack and ruin the game for other people?...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    justchecking is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?

Why do you all hack and ruin the game for other people?

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why not?

On a serious note:
    I like hacking every now and then in games I am either 1) bored by or 2) need a better learning curve.

Hacking allows you to easily learn a whole lot about the mechanics and you do not need to invest that much time into legal gameplay.
    It's also quite funny to see people going all mad.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's specifically the reason you shouldn't do it. What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?

PopcornChicken is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harming? Inflicting pain for pleasure? Explain to me how a hacker causes you pain rofl. You sound like your saying killing someone in real life is the same as hacking in a fucking video game that noone cares about in real life.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a series of inconsistencies and contradictions in this post.
    First of all, it's quite clear that 'harm' is not solely equitable with killing. There are degrees of emotional and physical harm, ranging from being upset, to suffering psychological trauma. And of course there are degrees of physical harm, ranging from a pinch, to torture. I imagine you know this.

Now the previous poster says he likes watching people "going all mad" when he hacks. This would fall under the psychological harm category. Sure it's not post traumatic stress disorder, but it's certainly deriving pleasure/satisfaction, from the HARM of someone else, since going out of your way to psychologically upset someone is harmful.

If no one cared about the game then people wouldn't play it, people wouldn't get angry at hacks, and people wouldn't be compelled to hack. Any game you don't play is a game you don't care about. A game you do play is one you obviously do care about, since something about it is motivating you to play it.

So I ask again:

What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?

steveN is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    First of all, it's quite clear that 'harm' is not solely equitable with killing. There are degrees of emotional and physical harm, ranging from being upset, to suffering psychological trauma. And of course there are degrees of physical harm, ranging from a pinch, to torture. I imagine you know this.

Now the previous poster says he likes watching people "going all mad" when he hacks. This would fall under the psychological harm category. Sure it's not post traumatic stress disorder, but it's certainly deriving pleasure/satisfaction, from the HARM of someone else, since going out of your way to psychologically upset someone is harmful.

If no one cared about the game then people wouldn't play it, people wouldn't get angry at hacks, and people wouldn't be compelled to hack. Any game you don't play is a game you don't care about. A game you do play is one you obviously do care about, since something about it is motivating you to play it.

So I ask again:

What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?
    Your posts have no meaning. There will always be hackers. Deal with it.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it doesn't follow that because the game will always have hackers that my posts have no meaning. It's perfectly possible - and true - that there may very well always be hackers, AND my posts have meaning.

Now at least SOME of my posts must have 'meaning', since at least two people have responded, albeit mostly irrationally. If they had no meaning, a response that engaged what I said would not be possible. But a response that did engage what I said occurred, therefore my posts have meaning.

But all of this is besides the point. You could be right that hacking will always be omnipresent in counter strike. But I'm asking a different question. I repeat:

"What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?"

If one person hacked, no one hacked, or 50% of the community hacked, it wouldn't fundamentally change the answer to this question. You're dodging the issue.

EDIT: Just imagine if every time someone was brought before a judge for rape, murder, incest, etc., the response to the prosecution was "what you say has no meaning, societies have always had rapist/murders/incestuous persons". That's a terrible defense.
    Last edited by justchecking; 08-30-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I ask again:

I don't understand what you hope to achieve from these posts. Do you think by trying to send everyone on some guilt trip about hacking that they'll stop? It's not going to work. People hack because they can. People create hacks because it's a challenge to bypass all these big companies securities. Here's one for you:

If the game companies cared at all, they'd hire better sec, and then people wouldn't be ABLE to hack it.

Instead, the companies let it go. Do you know why? Every time they ban a hacker they make another sale, because that guy is gonna buy another account (Or obtain another account bought by someone else) and do it again. It's a vicious circle of greed.

So instead of whining on a hack forum which YOU registered on, go send a message to valve. Because we all know they won't give a shit.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt,
    In terms of your criticisms of the companies, I absolutely 100% agree. I've been vocal - but it doesn't matter - that Valve clearly benefits from having quick sales and equally timed VAC bans, and derives large profits from its hacking community. So we are in agreement. The companies are corrupt, and tolerate cheating for a profit motive. Of course that doesn't justify the actual cheating, nor the intentions and actions of the cheater. For instance, a corrupt judge could tolerate crime within his inner circle, but it doesn't follow that that crime is therefore okay. And it doesn't follow that we should ONLY focus on the tolerance of the corrupt judge.

Now again, you and others are dodging my question:
    "You think by trying to send everyone on some guilt trip about hacking that they'll stop? It's not going to work. People hack because they can. People create hacks because it's a challenge to bypass all these big companies securities."

This is not what I'm asking, and yet everyone tip toes around it and presumes I'm saying/asking something else. I don't know how to be clearer:

"What kind of person are you, when your source of satisfaction and joy comes from the harming of others? It's reasonable to presume if someone wanted to inflict pain on you for their pleasure, you'd protest, but because you're the one doing the inflicting, a double standard arises. Why behave this way?"

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Matt,
    In terms of your criticisms of the companies, I absolutely 100% agree. I've been vocal - but it doesn't matter - that Valve clearly benefits from having quick sales and equally timed VAC bans, and derives large profits from its hacking community. So we are in agreement. The companies are corrupt, and tolerate cheating for a profit motive. Of course that doesn't justify the actual cheating, nor the intentions and actions of the cheater. For instance, a corrupt judge could tolerate crime within his inner circle, but it doesn't follow that that crime is therefore okay. And it doesn't follow that we should ONLY focus on the tolerance of the corrupt judge.

Now again, you and others are dodging my question:
    "You think by trying to send everyone on some guilt trip about hacking that they'll stop? It's not going to work. People hack because they can. People create hacks because it's a challenge to bypass all these big companies securities."

This is not what I'm asking, and yet everyone tip toes around it and presumes I'm saying/asking something else. I don't know how to be clearer:

Here's an answer for your completely absurd question.

People hack because people want to win. It's called having the upper hand. It's evolution. Survival of the fittest. If you can't adapt by developing some sort of anti-cheat or convince the game companies to do it, sucks for you. You aren't going to be able to stop it.

Also, people hack because IT'S FUN.

Do you realize how many hackers are pleased to see you crying about it on a forum? It brings joy to them. Because in the end, they won. They beat you in the game, then turned around and beat your morale down so far that they beat you in real life.

PS, not everyone on this site hacks. I've only ever tried one of these hacks in an offline game with bots. Not that it maters or you'll care anyway.

Don't target a whole community assuming they all do the same thing. There is more to this place than hacking.

I'm gonna let this thread continue just to see what people say, even though I KNOW it will get bad and I'll have to close it eventually. You seem like an intellectual person. Let's keep this thread as clean as it can be.

@kent

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast