Update on Maphacking (How's it been?)

This is a discussion on Update on Maphacking (How's it been?) within the Starcraft 2 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Starcraft 2 forum category; Greetings, You all may remember me from a previous post a few months back, where I addressed the likelihood of ...

Oceanic is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Update on Maphacking (How's it been?)

Greetings,

You all may remember me from a previous post a few months back, where I addressed the likelihood of maphacks being more widely used among players of higher skill levels. I've returned to discuss the current scenario with anti-cheat and Blizzard.

To start off, I'd like to emphasize that Blizzard has once again been caught with their shoes untied. As you all may have known, a thread has been posted on Reddit tattling on the two main maphack developers in this community. The thread managed to get several hundred up-votes, as well a sweaty orgy of unbridled toddlers maundering about how "Blizzard will do nothing!" I haven't seen such keyboard gymnastics since the thread accusing JamesSC of hacking. It is evident that the aforementioned thread is causal for Blizzard's renewed acknowledgement of hacking. Due to this, Blizzard made hasty movement towards improving their anti-cheat system, and on the 3rd of this August, 6 days ago, they made vital changes to the way the anti-cheat works (I won't get into too much detail about it here), essentially making it a nail in the foot for developers to maintain their hacks. This is especially important considering how scarce an actual update to their anti-cheat system really is. Not to mention that we've seen these types of defenses before many months ago, only this time we lacked the key tool we needed to fix it intuitively: the ability to attach a debugger to the game.

You'd think this is the end, right? They finally got us. Well, WRONG. Fixing the hack was homework. Developers found a way around the massive changes in a matter of two nights. A developer I spoke with compared fixing the hack to solving those k-12 puzzles left in middle school libraries. Blizzard is simply incapable of escaping the massive quagmire they have found themselves in, as they've displayed time and time again that they seem to have some sort of a long-distance relationship with proper application security. Not to bad-mouth Blizzard, in fact it's not even really their fault. We have the most brilliant of minds working and maintaining these programs. Either way, Blizzard has once again been thoroughly defeated in the game of Developer Tic-Tac-Toe; 0:2. Another point scored for the boys. Bring your floaties next time, kid.

All things in consideration, It is necessary for me to encourage everyone that has even CONSIDERED joining the community to join quickly and enthusiastically. We have great people in the forums willing to help out anyone with questions (SHOUTOUT TO DKRISES2!) I hope the recent victory is a huge morale boost for any developers thinking about making their own hack. The fruit is now ripe for peeling, we've proved time and time again that we are invincible. I welcome any developers to hit my PMs with any questions, and I'll do my best to assist you. Or simply make a post, and people will be more than eager to help you.
    Last edited by Oceanic; 09-10-2019 at 04:19 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oceanic For This Useful Post:

ZoiD is offline Member

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is funny

There are states internal maphacks destroy. Check these states and cheaters are banned. It reveals the original author of the engine has long left Blizzard, this is something they could have done 10 years ago.

For external maphacks, to deter the majority of cheaters have the game support hundreds of automatically generated coordinates schemes. Only once the coordinates reach the render is it computed into screen/world coordinates. Each patch the maphack author has to painstakingly extract out hundreds of coordinate schemes to decode all the stored coordinates. A hacker might be able to do this one time, two times, maybe ten times. more than that? There is a reason nobody updates old hacks, it is painful, extra painful if you've done it for the 20th time. It no longer becomes hacking, it is a monkey punching in numbers. even if you automate 70% of the work, solving the same problem again and again isn't enjoyable.

Both these require solid implementation, the ideas are useless on paper. In ten years from now I will show Blizzard how to do it in this thread for free! Crazy to think it will be a total of 20 years, Blizzard couldn't find one person who can do anti-cheat properly.

AinaTheEnd is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by ZoiD View Post
    Blizzard couldn't find one person who can do anti-cheat properly.
    Aggressive anti-cheat is needed only when a lot of cheaters accumulate in the game (since such an agressive anti-cheat presents many other problems).
    There are not many cheaters in the starcraft, so blizzard are trying to solve the problem using the light version of anti-cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoiD View Post
    In ten years from now I will show Blizzard...
    ..who is most important monkey of this forum?
    Yes, show them!
    Last edited by AinaTheEnd; 09-11-2019 at 02:15 PM.

dkrises2 is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well we see more of hacks the next days then?

mega_bad_kid is offline Guru

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nothing new from blizzard, they have had nearly identical anti-debugging in overwatch for quite while now.

dkrises2 is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to know a bit more special about the anti attach feature
    the offsets being crypted how can it transfer this to other clients without sending the keys

and NOT having static algo´s (instead of autmatic generated)

https://www.file-upload.net/download...17-21.flv.html

min9939 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice good job

tangqiu7 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but where can i buy these awesome hacks tho?

Vulcanas is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asking the same, getting no response :/