Seeking Pro Programmer/Hacker

This is a discussion on Seeking Pro Programmer/Hacker within the Starcraft 2 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Starcraft 2 forum category; Hi I am looking for some pro help most likely qazzy or someone else with experience. Starcraft 2 accepts korean ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slashingmachine is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeking Pro Programmer/Hacker

Hi I am looking for some pro help most likely qazzy or someone else with experience. Starcraft 2 accepts korean symbols (on bnet you can type in korean) but for the name change it only accepts characters a-z A-Z. My theory is that they only have one check for wrong characters, because you can not put any other characters into the box, so I presume its a client side only check and if you somehow bypassed this, the server would accept any input it was sent.

Capture.PNG

So I ask can any pro hacker try and help me send sc2 the correct commands to change my name without typing in the box?

Feel free to call me an idiot and say it is impossible, but I ask if you do that to explain to me why it is impossible.

waffles3932 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did u get dark voice portrait?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...thanks for keeping on topic, i got it in 2 weeks using a combination of my worker rush bot/leave bot and win trading with a pool of like 15 people, 7 of whom have dark voice now

gonnabebanned is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited.

i was saying a bullshit xd

AnalysiseR is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slashingmachine, I don't understand fully what you are trying to do. I want to help you though. You want to change a name with the letters you want? But SC2 is not accepting it.

Qazzy is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well won't it look funny to other people if they see a name with Korean in it when it's supposed to be not valid? Even if it is a client side check, I have a feeling someone would report your name since it's not supposed to be possible. At least for NA server.

To do this you would have to either know the correct packet to send, or patch the validation on sc2. Someone else would have to help you since I don't have a lot of experience with either.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its possible on bnet, u just can't through name change

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @qazzy: ye i was gonna do it for shock value in 1v1, when they see a korean name theyd shit themself, and do you know anyone with enough experience to help?

@analysiser: when you type a character client side checks if its ascii character a-z if it is its put in the box if not then its not, I assume blizz would think this is a secure enough system and would not have a server side check of your name because that would be wasteful, so what I am trying to do is send the correct packet to blizz's server that contains my korean name.

@qazzy: hmm if the trial accounts let you choose a username what if we used a traffic sniffer to see the cmd that is being sent when we set the name? my prob is i still dont fully understand hex and im pretty sure thats what its gonna come down to.

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slashingmachine View Post
    @qazzy: ye i was gonna do it for shock value in 1v1, when they see a korean name theyd shit themself, and do you know anyone with enough experience to help?

@analysiser: when you type a character client side checks if its ascii character a-z if it is its put in the box if not then its not, I assume blizz would think this is a secure enough system and would not have a server side check of your name because that would be wasteful, so what I am trying to do is send the correct packet to blizz's server that contains my korean name.

@qazzy: hmm if the trial accounts let you choose a username what if we used a traffic sniffer to see the cmd that is being sent when we set the name? my prob is i still dont fully understand hex and im pretty sure thats what its gonna come down to.
    First off, I have zero coding-experience...

However, the whole progress (no matter how achieved) would indicate the use of third-party-software,
    or at least abuse of an exploit, so I guess blizz wouldnt hesitate to simply suspend your account.
    In case you arent instabanned (which I guess you would), you would make yourself highly suspicious, and I dunno how legal win-trading is (not into sc2).

Why dont you use a macro-program to send out korean lines?

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried typing in the box with a korean layout. It does accept the input but doesn't let you type more than one syllable D: also tried mixing A-Z with Hangul, same result, the client just delets it while you type.. some time ago I've seen a name with non A-z characters tho
    pretty sure it's just client check, sadly i have 0 programming skills
    Last edited by gonnabebanned; 12-31-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast