About maphacks.

This is a discussion on About maphacks. within the Starcraft 2 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Starcraft 2 forum category; Is there any possibility to be banned when using maphacks that don't edit the memory? I will scout like normal ...

BattleMaster1 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About maphacks.

Is there any possibility to be banned when using maphacks that don't edit the memory? I will scout like normal in ladder etc, but is there any chance to lose my account?

Hacktheripper is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there always is a chance if you hack, do not hack if you do not want to be banned, no matter what "secure" and "undetected" hack you are using.
    Firstable people can still report you for maphacking
    Secondly, external hacks can also be detected, I am not sure if warden does that but its definitely possible

NotAStarcraftHacker is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you counter a build without knowledge of what he's doing or position your units to intercept an attack or whatnot and it looks convincing enough sure you could get banned.. But if you scout first there shouldn't be a problem
    I can’t take back the words I never said.

dcrossland is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They supposedly scan for programs running concurrently with the game, so no doubt they will look for things reading the memory as well as editing it.

As with every hack/bot, use at your own risk. There is no guarantee that you won't get found out, whether it's from Warden, or simply players reporting you from watching the replays they may be suspicious.
    Last edited by dcrossland; 08-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcrossland For This Useful Post:

bellaPatricia is offline Legend

Array
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrossland View Post
    They supposedly scan for programs running concurrently with the game, so no doubt they will look for things reading the memory as well as editing it.
    I don't think they do that actively at all. Over the years there have been a few articles about WoW/D3 bots and how Blizzard has a hard time fighting against it. You'd think they would ban those people in no time. It isn't exactly black magic to iterate through a computer's processes and each loaded library.
    There's also the law that protects people against this kind of scanning.
    You also shouldn't take EULA's too serious. Some companies just like to write insane stuff in there to justify their actions and intimidate you. Just keep in mind they still have to follow the law. This "Consent to Monitor" really just looks like to scare people off.

It's a fact that external tools (hacks, bots) have been successful in protecting their users. And that's because Blizzard doesn't enforce this "Consent to Monitor" clause at all.

TLDR: You are safe from automatic ban waves when using external tools.

ZoiD is offline big fat noob

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TLDR: You are safe from automatic ban waves when using external tools.
    I'm not sure. Remember when Valve banned players for having a certain domain name in the windows DNS cache? The domain name was used as a heartbeat to verify the cheat had an active subscription.

It isn't exactly black magic to iterate through a computer's processes and each loaded library.
    Agreed and outdated. Direct reads is amateur in today's cheat climate.

You also shouldn't take EULA's too serious. Some companies just like to write insane stuff in there to justify their actions and intimidate you.
    Surprisingly this is also true. For the longest time Blizzard have had nobody doing anti-cheat. The threat of something happening scares people.

Cheaters should always be 100% prepared to be banned, it should be expected. It might surprised you, most cheat authors I know, including my old self, have been banned many times since the beginning. At some point it becomes comical. CS, Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Quake, Team Fortress, League of Legends, DotA2, etc. When you are making complex cheats you can be banned, if you get tempted to use a really cool exploit you will be banned, if you are bored you can purposely get yourself banned, if you want to troll people with cheats - that will get you banned.

Difficult to detectable cheats are cool and all, if someone can pull it off you should thank them. We know it isn't a given, a ban will happen one day. Every cheat leaves a footprint, every cheat can be detected.
    Last edited by ZoiD; 10-21-2019 at 10:28 AM.

bellaPatricia is offline Legend

Array
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoiD View Post
    I'm not sure. Remember when Valve banned players for having a certain domain name in the windows DNS cache?
    No, but also sounds like something any pissed person would throw a lawyer against. Especially if you can't use your Steam account anymore.

I only know that Blizzard liked to ban people for using FRAPS (or overlay tools in general) at the start of WoL but quickly turned that down.

dkrises2 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they scan the memory 3 times with 3 different timers

the offset that are scanned are related to hacks like maphack
    all of those 3 scans scan the same memory offsets and ranges

then those scans have selfsscans if they have been modified 1 of those 3 scans 4 times for that scan
    the others 2-3 times

they changed here a bit time to time

if you make them trigger for example the last scan from 1/4 it crashes the sc2 and ask for a error report
    knowing that i have made a it to trigger and not even changed the memory make certain that this is just a trick

as they do with "debugger detected, closing application, crashing"

2019 they made a other change too where i not go into detail

robi247 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys any of you can sell me an MH? pm me