Island Defense

This is a discussion on Island Defense within the Warcraft 3 Custom Maps board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Island Defense is a map made by Yacapo and Dildamesh. It was greatly inspired by Vampirism. However, it is 100% ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dokken is offline Inactive, Ex-Staff
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Island Defense

Island Defense is a map made by Yacapo and Dildamesh. It was greatly inspired by Vampirism. However, it is 100% original.

Gameplay Mechanics

There can be up to 10 builders in the game but there must always be a Titan playing. The game ends once either all of the builders have died/left or all of the titans have died/left.

The builders choose a race at the start of the game, the races include: Murloc, Gnoll, Makura, Troll, Goblin, Nature, and Ice Magnataur. Each of the race's builder possesses a different defense against the Titan and a special skill which allows them to avoid being killed if used correctly. The most common of the skills are Teleport, Panic(Enhanced movespeed), and Windwalk(Invisibility).

Builders
    The builders get a head start at the beginning of the game and must go to one of the several base locations that are scattered throughout the map. They must then create buildings and workers in order to gather lumber and research upgrades. It is best to use a structure as a temporary wall to block the entrance of your base and prevent the titan from sneaking up on you. Once you have enough wood you can begin making walls and towers and then start upgrading them. To help in your defense and with another ally's defense you should summon a Titan Hunter.

Titans
    The titan can choose a race after about a minute. The races include: Lucidious (Naga), Sypherious(Hydra), or Moltenious(Firelord). Each of them have several specific traits and skills which helps them find and kill the builders. Once the titan finds a builder, he must do everything in his power to trap or corner him as the builder will likely run away as soon as he sees a titan.

Minions
    Once a builder is killed he is transformed into a Titanious Minion. This unit is a weaker version of the main titan with a slight differennce skills, however, the same traits. The Minion aids the Titan in trapping and killing the other builders. Teamwork is key as the game progresses and if the Minions aren't obeying they will probably be punished.

Punishment Center
    If the titan so wishes, he may take control of an ally's minion. This is done at the Punishment Center. The titan may do this if he believes that the player controlling that minion is acting irresponsibly, harming the team's objective, or would rather use the minion for himself. He may also give control back or to another ally at any time.
    Note: Changing control of a titan/minion removes effects such as "Eye Of The Ocean" which should be done as soon as you are afflicted.

Gold
    The Gold Mound located at the center of the map plays a big part in the game seeing as how some of builders structures cost gold. In order for the builders to get gold they must put their neck on the line and harvest gold from the center when the titan is not around. The titan should do everything in his power to stop the builders from getting gold from the mound. An alternate way for builders to get gold is by killing a titan or minion which can be hard if the enemy is high level but doing so will get you 45g. Races such as Goblin, Nature, and Ice Magnataur require gold to be effective, especially late game. Surviving for 30 minutes will give all builders 90g. So if you don't manage to get any gold from center you can still build things such as Merchant and Advanced Research Center using the 90g.

This .zip file contains many versions of Island Defense. In order for the maps to work, extract the files in to your Warcraft III downloaded maps folder.
    (The default path is C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download)

Download it here!
    Visit the official site
    Last edited by Dokken; 09-04-2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Fixed Download Link

lord-zach is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh i remember playing this game all the time never really got good at it =/

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty good at it, I play it pretty much every day. What was your favorite race to use?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha umm i dont even know i played like 7 months ago i wouldnt remember :P but i would like to start up again

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I host it almost everyday on U.S. West, maybe we can play together sometime.

JadedRain is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i always got stuck as the damn titan -.-

Toxik is offline Old News
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks fun.. i havent play wc3/tft in a while

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol sure dokken i usually ladder on west =o whats your account name?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stonefury is my West account. I haven't done ladder in years lol.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright ill /w you sometime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast