Warcraft 3 how to host

This is a discussion on Warcraft 3 how to host within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Sure i tought i'd spend some of my sunday free-time to write a guide for you all... *Note: This guide ...

Bendik is offline Banned User Array
    I live in a small village up north in Norway, Called Beiarn (Google pictures it!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warcraft 3 how to host

Sure i tought i'd spend some of my sunday free-time to write a guide for you all...

*Note: This guide might seem alike as the others. But please take a look on post two, It shows a way to do it without having the password for the router aslong as the router has unpnp enabled*

#Summary#

* This MIGHT help you being able to host on Warcraft III
    * I will try to include a way to host WITH and WITHOUT direct access to your router/modem. By without i mean i.e let's say your dad won't let you get into the router and have password protected it because hes a caveman and believe letting you host will ruin your pc.
    * Thanks to: Portforward.com, Blizzard.com

#Let's Get started#

If you got the password to your router:

Open a web browser like internet explorer or mozilla firefox. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. In the picture above the address bar has Google in it. Just replace all of that with the ip address of your router. By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1.

If that's not the ip address you are looking for, Go Start => Run => write "Cmd" without the ". and write ipconfig /all then you should see the ip address to your router.

Then when you click the address (pressing "go to" or enter). It will ask you for a username or password, Write in your username or password there. If you don't have your password you could try to reset the router and hope that the username goes blank (meaning you will not have to write a username) and password will be set to default. (mostly admin) So then you write "admin" without the ". in the password field. If it works it will take you inside of your router.

Then (depending on your router) Click Security link near the top of the page.

Remove the checkmark from the Block Anonymous Internet Requests checkbox.
    Click the Save Settings button near the bottom of the page.
    Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.
    You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Port Range Forward.

Application: Warcraft III Start : 6112 End: 6119 Protocol: Both IP Address: 192.168.1.1 Enable: Checkmark this.

When you're finished, click Save Settings near the bottom of the screen to save your changes.

And that's it! You're done!

Make sure your Windows firewall does not block ports 6112-6119 (or Warcraft III)

Bendik is offline Banned User Array
    I live in a small village up north in Norway, Called Beiarn (Google pictures it!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say you do not have the password for your router:

• Start off by downloading this tool: Portforward
    • Then shut down all of your firewalls which migh block the program.
    • NOTE: This program will only work if you have UnPnP enabled in your router.
    • Make sure you have winrar installed so you can unpack the program.
    • Read below.

#UPnP#

* To be able to remotely configure a router over a network from a local machine, you need the following:

UPnP on the local machine: Basically, you must have Windows® XP, any service pack. Older versions of Windows, including the very-popular Windows® 2000, will not work, as they do not have UPnP capability. It might also be necessary to enable UPnP, since a UPnP-capable OS does not necessarily have it turned on by default.

* UPnP on your router: Most routers manufactured since 2002 will have UPnP capability. Again, it might be necessary to enable UPnP on the router, since it might not be turned on by default.

In addition, if there is a firewall on the local machine, it must be configured to allow the underlying TCP and UDP communications on which UPnP relies. Specifically, it must be configured to pass TCP port 2869 and UDP port 1900.

So yeah double click the .exe and install the program (portforwardtool). After the install make sure that your firewalls are off so they will not block it!

• Run the program.
    • Give it some time to search for your router/modem.
    • Once it's ready it usually displays the name of your router in the middle of the upper toolbar. But it might not reckon the name of the router, So don't panic if it says "no name found". there's still hope.
    • Try to click "add new entry".
    • Write in friendly name: War1
    • Internal IP Address, Should have found it itself, but might be wrong, doublecheck by going into Start=>Run=> write "CMD" without the ". write ipconfig /all
    • And then look if it displays the same address there.
    • External port number for this service: 6112
    • Internal port number: 6112

Leave the rest as they are. Hit "Save changes and exit".

Leave the rest as they are. Hit "Save changes and exit".

Then do the same action for every port between 6112-6119. (6113, 6114,6115,6116,6117,6118,6119) Sometimes it works fine with 6112 only. But it's up to you.

After your done, hit "Update list now" too see if there were any changes in the router. Also try to go to Open Port Check Tool to see if the port is opened. And try to host a game on Wc3.

Tips: 1. Turn firewalls off - 2. Remove checkpoint from "Automatically listen for changes in the router" So you don't have to confirm each step you do and be annoyed by long search time for confirmation etc. - 3. Make sure the port in Warcraft III matches the one you forward. (Run wc3, go in options, gameplay => and you will see it there). I recommend 6112 or 6117.

Regards, Bendik
    Last edited by Bendik; 08-19-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Assault is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, second way works great too.

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide :-). Thank you!
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

cadburyxD is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet once i figure the password out (parents dont trust me :S -.-) i will try this.

Assault is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try out the second post cadbury, it worked for me.

kwoxer is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty nice, well done