Warcraft 3 Battle.net Commands

This is a discussion on Warcraft 3 Battle.net Commands within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Warcraft III NEWBIE Guide What is ping? - In Warcraft when you go in some channels it tells you your ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    aLLo- is offline : )
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warcraft 3 Battle.net Commands

Warcraft III NEWBIE Guide
    What is ping?
    - In Warcraft when you go in some channels it tells you your ping is 69. Ping is basically your internet connection, if its 1000 you will be lagging very bad. Below 200 is good, lower the better.

Warcraft Battle.Net Commands:
    /dnd reason- Do not disturb mode Ex. /dnd Leave me alone!
    /stats - Tell you your Battle.net stats, ex. Hello Solo 1-0 Team 2-0
    /w – Allows you to whisper your friend. Ex. /w Joeey123 Hey!
    /m - Allows you to whisper your friend same thing as /w username
    /me - Allows you to write in a gray faded message
    /squelch – Allows you to ignore messages from a person. Ex. /squelch Fatty
    /unsquelch – Allows you to receive messages from a person. Ex. /unsquelch fatty
    /away – People who send you messages will get a respond saying something. To turn off your /away message type /away again and it will say “You are no longer being marked away” Ex. /away Im doing chores brb
    /join Channel name – Ex. Short form /j Warcraft III USA-1
    /who Channel name – Displays usernames in the specified channel. Ex. /who Clan xroc
    /whois Username – Tells you where the specified person is.
    /whoami – “Provides you with your current location on Battle.net”
    /time - Provides you your battle.net time and Local time.
    /users - Provides you the number of users, games, and channels that are currently active across Battle.net.
    /profile username - Allows you to view the profile of someone.
    /fps - Tells you your fps in game.
    Ctrl+M - Turns Warcraft music on / off. Press Ctrl+M again to turn it back.
    Ctrl+S - Turns your Warcraft sound on /off. Press Ctrl+S again to turn it back.
    /clan Create <clanname> <clantag>

Friend Commands
    /f l - Lists everyone in your friends list and what they're doing.
    /f add username - Adds the specified username to your friends list.
    /f remove username - Removes the specified username off your friends list.
    /m username - Sends a message to the speicifed username.
    /f promote username - Moves the specified username up one.
    /f demote username - Moves the specified username down one.
    /f m - Sends a message to all your friends in your friends list.

Race Builds!
    This section is good for starters. You'll learn how to play properly with the race you want to play with!

Undead!
    The Undead build is very simple. Usually fiends are the best units to go. So this is how I play my Undead. I put my 3 peons to mine, and my ghoul to lumber. I wait like 20 seconds then I make 2 more peons on mine so I have a total of 5 miners. I take 1 peon and make a Crypt, Ziggurat, then a Graveyard after that I put the peon back to mining. When I mine 300 gold I make my Altar. After your Crypt finishes make a ghoul and put it to lumber, after that your graveyard should finish so make some fiends and add 1 more ghoul so you have a total of 3 and your off to a good start. Note: For hero I usually choose Death Knight and pick Coil (very IMBA for creeping with fiends and micrioing)

Orc!
    The Orc build is very similar to the Human. Ill try my best to teach you a Orc build, It may not be the best build but atleast you have somewhere to start off with! This is what I do. I put my 1 peon to lumber and 4 peons the mine. After that I make 3 more peons and put them to mine. Take 2 peons off the mine and put 1 to make your Altar, and your Burrow - The best place to build your Burrow is the back of your base, because it makes it harder for the enemy to hit. Anyways make sure you have 5 peons mining and 6 lumbering. Make a War Mill like 20 seconds after you make your Altar and Burrow. Like 30 seconds after your Warmill make a Barracks train some Headhunters and startcreeping! Note: For hero I usually choose Farseer and pick wolf's (very IMBA for creeping)

Night Elf!
    This might not be the best NightElf build but i'll try and give you something simple.
    4 wisps on mine. 1 on lumber. Make more wisps. Get 5 on mine. 6 On lumber. Make your altar, Ancient Of war, Moonwell, and your good to go. Then upgrade to stronger units, build more moonwells, and etc.

In Progress: Race Builds!
    NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS NOT DONE I WILL BE UPDATING IT LATER ON.
    Last edited by aLLo-; 06-02-2010 at 10:41 PM.

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Warcraft III RoC NEWBIE Guide!

Good work. Keep working on it! I give you and sticky it! But why Warcraft III RoC? Why not just Warcraft III, as this also counts for TFT.

Hawt.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Warcraft III NEWBIE Guide!

^ Well Xpplitr thanks but im not really experted in TFT ill try and get a guide for that, but right now ill work on roc because i face a lot of neeebs in solo and they have no clue what to do! Anyways im working on it and im having a lot of trouble with the font size -.- Getting on my nerves lol

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first: Some more commands are /apm and /fps

Then: About the size. The bigger the number, the bigger the font. Size 1 is really small, while size 100 is really big.

If you want me to, I could probably dig up some more commands. :P (For Warcraft)

Ohh and, if you need help, I could do the formating. Just tell me when you have added stuff, then I&#39;ll make sure it looks right.

Edit: Removed my MSN so n00bs wont add me. Happened alot of times, and its annoying. (People which cant speak Norwegian/English = deleted.)

Hawt.

calzaghe is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aLLo-
    Undead!
    The Undead build is very simple. Usually fiends are the best units to go. So this is how I play my Undead. I put my 3 peons to mine, and my ghoul to lumber. I wait like 20 seconds then I make 2 more peons on mine so I have a total of 5 miners. I take 1 peon and make a Crypt, Ziggurat, then a Graveyard after that I put the peon back to mining. When I mine 300 gold I make my Altar. After your Crypt finishes make a ghoul and put it to lumber, after that your graveyard should finish so make some fiends and add 1 more ghoul so you have a total of 3 and your off to a good start. Note: For hero I usually choose Death Knight and pick Coil (very IMBA for creeping with fiends and micrioing)
    I play undead as my main race and Ive never seen this build order before lol
    What I do is build my 2 acolytes first, then straight away I build a graveyard and a crypt (in that order). You will then find you do not have enough gold to build anything else, so just wait until you have 150 gold and build a ziggurat. Then we need to build an altar, so just wait until you have 300 gold and build it. When your crypt is built you will have about 150 gold, so build a ghoul and rally point him to the trees. When your crypt finishes building you will find your ghoul is nearly finished and you have approx 200 gold. Wait until 250 gold and build a fiend (remember to move rally point from the trees, fiends dont collect lumber! :P) Next thing you need to build is another ziggurat, as you are now close to your food limit. After you have built you ziggurat you need another fiend as soon as you have 250 gold (hero is a little slow so fast units is the key to making this strategy work) At some point while you are doing this your altar will have finished building. As your hero is a little slow already, you must make sure you build a deathknight as soon as the altar is built. Also, if you play any team game, be sure to ask your ally for gold AT THE VERY START,then use the same build order, but you will find that your hero is faster and u can start creeping sooner.

Apart from that, very good guide. I wish I had something like this to help me when I first started, + rep.

SocialStealth is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than list all of the commands, why not just say:
    Enter battle.net. Click "Enter Chat" and type:
    /? commands
    /? aliases
    /? advanced
    For a list of the above three commands, simply type /?

You can also click the question mark next to "Exit Battle.net" (this appears after you &#39;Enter Chat&#39

Both of these methods will give you a full detailed list of ALL the battle.net commands.
    Thus making a list of a few of the commands you could remember off the top of your head is useless
    I am obsessed with the greatest youtube series of all time, Epic Rap Battles of History by NicePeter and EpicLloyd <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Why do you think its a NEWBIE guide? You think someone who jumps on warcraft will know those commands?

Petekes is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XplittR
    Well, first: Some more commands are /apm and /fps

Then: About the size. The bigger the number, the bigger the font. Size 1 is really small, while size 100 is really big.

If you want me to, I could probably dig up some more commands. :P (For Warcraft)

Ohh and, if you need help, I could do the formating. Just tell me when you have added stuff, then I&#39;ll make sure it looks right.

Edit: Removed my MSN so n00bs wont add me. Happened alot of times, and its annoying. (People which cant speak Norwegian/English = deleted.)
    There is a command /apm ?? Didnt know that before and im not noob! ^^

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the /apm command and it didn&#39;t work -.-

Caramba is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned