Question on hacking...

This is a discussion on Question on hacking... within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Ok I got a few questions on hacking. First of all I just went through Chaotic's "HowTo create a basic ...

jmusto0223 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on hacking...

Ok I got a few questions on hacking. First of all I just went through Chaotic's "HowTo create a basic Maphack" tutorial at http://www.skillhackerz.com/Chaotic/.../Mh1/index.htm and I got up to the ollydbg part, now this is where one of my questions come in. It says "Attach Warcraft III and move to your address in dump. Now do a “Memory breakpoint on access” onto the first 8 bytes!" Why 8 bytes? Is it because in Artmoney, the address that shows all the units hidden in fog of war is type Integer 8 bytes? If so, when I did it on my computer my address says it is 4 bytes, so should I be doing memory breakpoint on access onto the first 4 bytes or what?

I don't really need to know that specifically but just wondering because I can just right click in the main window of ollydbg and do Go To: Expression and type in the address I have in Artmoney.

Onto my next few questions. I would like to make my own undetectable maphack, but due to not having that much experience, how would I go about experimenting? Obviously I don't want to have to use the maphack and see if I get banned or not, then have to go out and buy a new game just to test each version of a maphack I create, so how would I go about creating a maphack and making sure its undetectable without having to cough up cd-keys. Also, I was just wondering, when I get some experience under my belt, what other types of hacks would be possible, like would making the opponent disconnect be possible, or anything like freezing your stats to keep yourself from taking a loss, or how about even being able to see what the other team is saying to eachother? Would any of these things be possible, and would it be too obvious through the coding and what not that you would instantly get banned?

Well sorry for a long thread, I am just trying to learn some new stuff and be able to create hacks on my own instead of being a leech and use everyone else's work.

Bendik2 is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question on hacking...

Don't be sorry for your long thread, it's better to specify your problem so we can help you in a better way, i'll link this topic to Chaotic so he can give you a clear and correct answer if noone makes it before he arrives.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, fast reply, thank you sir, gonna be getting advice from an excellent programmer / hacker i see, very nice

aLLo- is offline : )
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calazaghe should be able to help you out ( Since he made his own MH using that guide )

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, well until people come around, I was just fooling around with Artmoney on a singleplayer game. I did the same procedure as the chaotic tutorial, I searched for 10 while I had a goldsack in my hands, then i brought it to the townhall and then filtered 0. I repeated that a few times until I only had 3 results left. I changed and froze the last filter to 10 and I went back and each time I made my peasant go to the townhall even if it didnt look like he had a goldsack in his hand he would deposit 10 gold. I switched it to 500 and everytime he deposited 500 gold.

Now my question is, if I tried that on battle.net would it work? Would I immediately get banned? Would it just be clientside? Would it work and be fine, but if someone saw replay they would see me depositing 500 gold? What would be the results of this on battle.net?

Well I just had a chat with chaotic... I guess im not going to be getting anywhere without knowing the assembly language... so Ill see you in a few years when I have a grasp of it... hah this is going to be painful.