How To Host On Warcraft III For Windows

This is a discussion on How To Host On Warcraft III For Windows within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; OK before you guys tell me there was a guide by Archimonde already i think I will add my own ...

Finalboss is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Host On Warcraft III For Windows

OK before you guys tell me there was a guide by Archimonde already i think I will add my own contributions because I think more could be said for more specialized cases. Oh and btw if you want to check out his guide before mine heres the link: http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcraf...i-windows.html

Ok so ill break it down into steps making this for even the worst computer people a pretty easy guide. Now if you have any questions please refer to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall before you post them

1. Ok so some people will need a Static IP Address for the router thing to work so first of all start by opening your Start menu and clicking the "Run..." option. A small box should come up in that box you type command.

2. A bigger black box should come up and some words should come up in black box then when its done type ipconfig/all with no spaces. Then a whole bunch of information comes up and you might be like ??? be just don't worry about it and leave that box open and we will come back to it later.

3. Now go to your network connections and click on the connection you use for your internet( if you don't know which one you use try disconnecting your different connections if you have more then one until you find the one where the internet wont work if its disconnected.) Then go to its properties and scroll down the list of stuff until you get to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (v4 for vista users).

4. Ok now open that up and if it says Use the following IP Address you can skip this if not then select that option and go back to the black box copy the Ip Address it says there to the box that asks for the IP Address in the Internet Protocol. It will automatically obtain a Subnet mask and copy the default gateway from the black box to the box where it asks for it. Copy the DNS Servers from the black box too and hit ok.

5. OK wow now its finally time for the hosting part ok I dont really need to put this part because Archimonde has already done this link: http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcraft-3/9210-hosting-warcraft-iii-windows.html but ill put it anyways.

6. Go to your internet browser; btw you may have to wait up to 5 minutes for your internet to come back on if it still doesn't come on PM or post and I can help you fix it. Anyways put the IP Address we put in the Internet Protocol in the URL bar and put in your Router Information, if you don't have it call you Internet Service Provider.

7. Go to the Port Forward Tab and For Application put Warcraft III for the ports (this is so your router doesn't block everyone from sharing connections) put the start port at 6112 and the end port at 6119. Put it for both UDP and TCP and for your IP Address put the one we put in the Internet protocol some ask for only the last 3 numbers so you can look back at the Internet protocol and copy it back.

8. Hit Save! AND YOUR DONE!!

9. OK this is a special method I found by just exploring my computer, most people haven't figured this out and I'm not sure if it only works for certain computers or just mine but i really like you guys ( HEY! dont be taking that to seriously ) so i thought i'd share my secret knowledge :O .

10. Go to your internet connections and hit set up a new connection. Set it up normally like use it to connect to the internet and a home internet link and stuff but when it comes to what type of connection you want put a BROADBAND CONNECTION. you will need to enter your router information ( if you don't have it once again, ask your internet service provider). You will need to connect it manually EVERYTIME YOU LOG ON TO YOUR COMPUTER. Just run it at the same time as your normally "always-on" connection lol it will still work. This connects to the PPPoe directly and all you need to do to host is disable your firewall whenever you are playing Warcraft III and it will work and you can re connect your firewall when your done. Oh and if you run this at the same time as your normal connection you will still get internet even if you dont connect the broadband connection so its really only for hosting.

Guys I have told you pretty much everything I know about this subject so ill end it briefly. Have Questions? PM me Post here or email at [email protected] which ever you prefer I can guide you through the steps and fix most of any problems you have. I hope you guys loved my guide and my contributions to the already great guide by Archimonde :biggrin:.

-Plz post your feedback

Thanks for reading,

-Finalboss

Last edited by Finalboss; 03-28-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    What Kills You Makes You Stronger....

Reinn is online now Multi-qouter

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few things, 1st An Ok. guide, .. 2nd you could have some screenshots, so it's easier to see what you have to do (The best software that I know for it would be SnagIt) 3rd in your signature you say: "What Kills You Makes You Stronger..." it is: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Else a great guide
    // Reinn

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinn View Post
    Few things, 1st An Ok. guide, .. 2nd you could have some screenshots, so it's easier to see what you have to do (The best software that I know for it would be SnagIt) 3rd in your signature you say: "What Kills You Makes You Stronger..." it is: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Else a great guide
    lol thx sry i didn't know how to get screenshots 3rd i watch a show called smallville and its a quote from there

risker is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks risker! hope u luvd it

Wynthar is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, print screens? There are lots of programs out there. But if you have windows, you already have a nifty program that will do exactly what you need. Albeit, much easier in photoshop. But for this minitutorial, I'll use paint.

1) Go to the start menu.

2) Go to Programs -> Accessories -> Paint

3) Press [Print Screen] (Img. Courtesy of dariosalvelli.files.wordpress.com)

4) Activate the paint program and press Ctrl-V

5) Now you have your image in Paint!

6) File -> Save As... (Select the type to be jpg!)

7) And you're basically done.

If you want to crop the photo. That's a little more tricky. I did crop all these photos using paint just to show that it can be done. But, it's kind of a pain. If you'd like I can explain it and take more screen shots. ;-) Basically I just drag the pasted image up and to the left till I have the top left corner of what I want shown. Then I drag the 'handle' of the bottom right of the canvas up to the bottom right corner of where I want to crop the picture.

Hope that helps you with screen shots for tutorials.
    =P

-Spike

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thankz ill add some screens to the guide