Down with Scroll of the Town Portal

This is a discussion on Down with Scroll of the Town Portal within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; I was thinking the other day trying to find new ways to play WCIII and it came to my mind ...

Revangel is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down with Scroll of the Town Portal

I was thinking the other day trying to find new ways to play WCIII and it came to my mind that i never actualy pwnd anyone using Potms Owl Scout, or Hunts Owl scout or Far Seers Far sight or that witch doctors wards etc. These can come in handy but in 90% its far better to take other spells with heroes or something like that... So i started thinking how come in real life warfare spies and informations are so important and in wcIII they are waste of resources/skill points. The anwser that i came to was Srcoll of town portal: this item gives you the power to run around the map carellesly and totaly dont give a f**k where the hell is enemy. My question is: WOULD REMOVING IT(or making it tier 3, 1000 gold item) IMPROVE WARCRAFT III? And if it would how can we do that?

MaMuT is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u made me laugh very much.. u made my day ty ^_^
    The Legend

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL funny i agree tho starting with a tp is a bit cheap but I think it helps with the balance because if the other team starts harassing your teammate early on (in 3v3 aT), then you should be able to help him right away

im sure blizzard thought of this while they developing the game but funny theory

forgotmylogin is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removing/nerfing town portal would only give further advantage to tower massers, maphackers and hero focusers, making the game much worse

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forgotmylogin View Post
    removing/nerfing town portal would only give further advantage to tower massers, maphackers and hero focusers, making the game much worse
    The game will end up in towering until you got mass mortars/chims w/e so you can kick his base. IF they remove the tp, theres no way to get fast enough back => GG

C0mm4nd3r is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you dont use that skills doesnt mean they are not usefull, in FFA owl scout and BM hawk and FS are the best free maphacks for you. And totems are nasty too )
    BTW in FFA the goal is to get lots of resoureces and exes, while surviving, then on late game beat the others... in other words, if i have 3 exes i wont mind about buying a reverse boock for 150g and rebuilding mine heroes skills..

GL HF

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    potm owl scout is such a good skill as a 2nd/3rd hero and as a 2nd hero, get owl as ur 2nd skill which can help you really later on in your game (bc its even more important to scout mid-late game whent here are expos and other factors involved such as what units the enemy is getting at t2 and t3)

FFA you need SOMETHING like this liek a shade for patrol or sentry wards (no need ofr FS farsight when sentry wards are very cheap last longer and give a great amount of sight anyways) and then the elfs have wisps and sentinel with their hunts so jstu strategically place those

C0mm4nd3r is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerwave7 View Post
    potm owl scout is such a good skill as a 2nd/3rd hero and as a 2nd hero, get owl as ur 2nd skill which can help you really later on in your game (bc its even more important to scout mid-late game whent here are expos and other factors involved such as what units the enemy is getting at t2 and t3)

FFA you need SOMETHING like this liek a shade for patrol or sentry wards (no need ofr FS farsight when sentry wards are very cheap last longer and give a great amount of sight anyways) and then the elfs have wisps and sentinel with their hunts so jstu strategically place those
    the reskill tome item witch is bought at the shops as i said is just 150g ... and 1 huntress is 190g witch will bean 190g for each owl scout, witch can be dispelled.. xDD

so i think that fs skill is still the best... anyway those skills are not bad, even in 1vs1 where nelf takes bm hawk to see the bm and deal magical damage )