Hosting Help

This is a discussion on Hosting Help within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Well yea i have read the instruction in the above forum. Didn't really help me. My internet provider is called ...

Roflcopter3399 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hosting Help

Well yea i have read the instruction in the above forum. Didn't really help me.

My internet provider is called bell. Chances are none of you have heard this before because i am Canadian and bell is a Canadian provider.

Anyways. I get my internet from my modem if i am not mistaken for a black box shaped thing with wires sticking out of it. Yea... anyways i opened ports threw my firewall.... so on so forth.

Turned off my fire (by the way i did have a anti firewall protection unistalled it cause it was being a douche.) When i click host nobody joins. So i called bell and asked them how i could host.
    I was told i would have to order a new modem. The new modem would let me host games. Buttt i would have to pay 20 dollars don't wanna do that.

Is there any other way to host? I was told its my modem plz help thx.

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you please tell me what type of bell router it is? then i can help you further... here is a main link but once you tell me the model i shoudl be able to help you (either Speedstream6300 or Speedstream6520)

Link: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerwave7 View Post
    can you please tell me what type of bell router it is? then i can help you further... here is a main link but once you tell me the model i shoudl be able to help you (either Speedstream6300 or Speedstream6520)
    woah how do you know bell internet you're a first anyways it is.
    Speedstream 4200. I am pretty sure that is why bell said you need a new modem :'( dam......

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol judging off numbers 4200 im guessing is older than the 6300 and 6520 probably um but you are sure that you are talking about your router and not your modem right? bc port forwarding site is mainly for router configs but you can do it to your firewall, if thats ur router than you might wanna consider getting that 6300 or 6520 bc those are probably more updated and stuff

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol judging off numbers 4200 im guessing is older than the 6300 and 6520 probably um but you are sure that you are talking about your router and not your modem right? bc port forwarding site is mainly for router configs but you can do it to your firewall, if thats ur router than you might wanna consider getting that 6300 or 6520 bc those are probably more updated and stuff
    well yea. I think that is the only way to host.
    And other way around im talking about my modem. I don't have a router O.o

Router shares internet and modem is just this box thing that is wired to one computer O.o or am i wrong here O.o

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    router routes internet signals from your modem (or ISP providing service) to other computers which can include your own desktop computer even if its hooked up directly (at least in my situation i have 3 laptops in this house and 1 desktop computer and all 4 are hooked up to the same router linksys)

but i thought that modems couldnt be routers until i read this from a couple diff ppl:

"Unfortunately, what many people don't realize is that the "modem" provided by the ISP is often a ROUTER too. The ISPs usually don't make it clear what the unit is, and some of them are actually labeled as "modem" when they're really combination units with a [COLOR=#00AEF0 ! important][COLOR=#00AEF0 ! important]router[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    built-in as well."

So I would think that yours may possibly have a router built in ^^ go call your ISP and check with them and if it is, ask them if its possible to forward your ports to host

then let me know

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    router routes internet signals from your modem (or ISP providing service) to other computers which can include your own desktop computer even if its hooked up directly (at least in my situation i have 3 laptops in this house and 1 desktop computer and all 4 are hooked up to the same router linksys)

but i thought that modems couldnt be routers until i read this from a couple diff ppl:

"Unfortunately, what many people don't realize is that the "modem" provided by the ISP is often a ROUTER too. The ISPs usually don't make it clear what the unit is, and some of them are actually labeled as "modem" when they're really combination units with a [COLOR=#00AEF0 ! important][COLOR=#00AEF0 ! important]router[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    built-in as well."

So I would think that yours may possibly have a router built in ^^ go call your ISP and check with them and if it is, ask them if its possible to forward your ports to host

then let me know
    Wait i already talked with my internet provider. They said to host i needed a new modem. There was this website you type in your IP and it takes you to a place to configure you're modem and there it lets you host. But you can only do that with the speedstream 6000 and stuff.

So i guess it is the problem with my modem

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup good luck with getting a new modem tell me if it works out