Please Help Making MH!

This is a discussion on Please Help Making MH! within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; I dont know much about hacking yet but ive been trying to learn how to make a maphack for a ...

cryptl0rd is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Help Making MH!

I dont know much about hacking yet but ive been trying to learn how to make a maphack for a long time as i have used public MHs since Warcraft 2 and think it would be fun and cool if i could learn to make my own. I have searched for info on how i would learn about this, some have suggested learning different computing language(which doesnt really interest me because i only look to make a simple war3 mh & i would like to learn through doing if at all possible) and others have led to simple hacking programs to learn a little about basic offsets and changing them (like cheatengine) It seems that there are many experts on this subject on d3scene so i figured i would ask if anyone could tell me about how they learned, what programs they use, and how they go about finding and changing the more complex offsets of a online game like warcraft 3 to make a hack. This maybe asking too much but any info you can give me would be appreciated since i have not been able to find any tutorials on making a maphack. thanks

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey.
    First of all, you could start with this tutorial.
    Then you should go on learning how to code in C++ and other stuff

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tracky For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post
    Hey.
    First of all, you could start with this tutorial.
    Then you should go on learning how to code in C++ and other stuff
    Your the greatest, Tracky

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so ive been hard at work for the past couple of hours or so trying to mimic the work done on the wonderful tutorial from your reply. Ive gotten the whole art money part to work, and have found the adresses that make units blink in the fog. But everytime i move to the Ollydbg part of the tutorial it goes wrong and i have to restart

The tutorial says-

So now the interesting part, that’s the time for Ollydbg!

Attach Warcraft III and move to your address in dump.
    Now do a “Memory breakpoint on access” onto the first 8 bytes!
    You should reach this address:
    6F2A08B1 |. 66:8B3C41 MOV DI,WORD PTR DS:[ECX+EAX*2]

I have figured out how to attach war3 to Ollydbg, but after that there is a number of possibilities on where I mess it up.. I'm guessing that the problem has to do with a lack of my ASM knowledge (because the tut says something about needing some)

...Anyways, when i attach war3 to Ollydbg im not able to reopen war3 but it is minimized on my toolbar still, that may be normal but i thought it was sorta weird. the next step would be to "move to your address in dump" i wasnt to sure about this step but i figured he meant the address that was found usuing art money (the one that makes the creep blink in the fog of war) i tried to do this by right clicking the address looking numbers and going to GO TO>EXPRESSION and then simply typing in the adress that i had found (it was 1619B144 i think)

Im skeptical if this is right because there are two places that you can do that in and find the address but to continue with the tutorials instructions (Now do a “Memory breakpoint on access” onto the first 8 bytes!) I right clicked the found adress and went to BREAKPOINT>MEMORY, ON ACCESS. This is where I was positive i was messing up somewhere because I have no idea what is meant by "onto the first 8 bytes!" and doing the memory, on access thing didn't seem to do anything and it definately didn't take me to another address like implied by "You should reach this address:
    6F2A08B1 |. 66:8B3C41 MOV DI,WORD PTR DS:[ECX+EAX*2]".

This is frustrating and I am a noob at this but I want to continue this tutorial and finish the process of making a maphack. Hacking seems to me like solving a riddle, unfortunately part of this riddle is in a language that i dont understand and im retarded

If anyone thinks they can help me understand where im going wrong the help would be greatly appreciated as always, Thanks:love456456d3:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cryptl0rd For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so i gave up last night, but today i tried a couple more times and have (i think) gotten a little farther into the tutorial.. im stuck at what i believe may be my second to last major obstacle. the tutorial reads:

You should reach this address:
    6F2A08B1 |. 66:8B3C41 MOV DI,WORD PTR DS:[ECX+EAX*2]
    Remove that memory breakpoint again and try to change it like this :
    MOV DI,1

I managed to reach a similar address by following the preceeding steps of the tutorial, which makes me think im doing something right... my point is
    6F00F5CD | 0FB70441 MOVZX EAX,WORD PTR DS:[ECX+EAX*2]

I removed the memory breakpoint and try to change the MOVZX EAX,WORD PTR DS:[ECX+EAX*2] part to MOVZX EAX,1 by double clicking it which takes me to a "assemble" thing, i just try to erase the last part and replace it with 1 like the tutorial suggests. BUT... it comes up with the error "Command does not support given operands" which means im definately trying something wrong.

Please help me, im a hacking noob and have been stuck here for a while wondering what to do next! Thanks.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured everything out finally.