My First maze Made

This is a discussion on My First maze Made within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Ok guys So here is my first maze i have made.Ik it is not done yet i have just made ...

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First maze Made

Ok guys So here is my first maze i have made.Ik it is not done yet i have just made the first level and i want to test it.I am waiting on a answer on how to get the units locust so other units don't hit them and i may be fixing the motars so they don't fire random

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, when testing it I noticed, that it is possible to pass a Knight, if you move very close to the side (which of course shouldn't be possible)
    If you don't understand what I mean;

About cameras, you should make them focus the heroes in the start of the game.
    The grammar; fix it, really, I wouldn't mind correcting the grammar mistakes, but make sure that when/if the map get's public released, that it atleast have good grammar. Just by reading the loading screen, I found 5+ grammar mistakes. If you want me to correct it, let me know.

Your regions aren't good enough. The 'die-if-you-move-off-path' aren't precise enough. See below;

I'm standing way off the path and still alive.

Not to be harsh or anything, those are just the things that I think needs a fix. Good luck with your map.

Edit: Yeah, make the Mortars fire at specific points.
    Last edited by Mads; 02-11-2010 at 04:17 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mads For This Useful Post:

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you have ever heard of the Italian Maze but i am trying to make the regions like that.I hate regions that don't give you much space on the edge.I made them like that so the pros can rush.And about being able to pass the knight i pretty sure i made it like that on purpost because the first level is suppose to be easy.and also the grammar mistakes i will fix in the public release don't worry about that.Oh and the camera at the begining should go and focus on the heros i guess thats a bug i have to fix because when i played it it worked and it mived the camera there.But i think i will make it wait 5 seconds or something like that when the game starts before it moves so it has time to load

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked your triggers, you make the Camera move to the heroes over 2 seconds. Just change it to 00.00. And, it's not even funny if the units you're supposed to dodge, can be dodged that easy.