GProxy Help

This is a discussion on GProxy Help within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; So I have a ghost bot and I'm just wondering what exactly GProxy does? Ok it should do something like ...

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GProxy Help

So I have a ghost bot and I'm just wondering what exactly GProxy does? Ok it should do something like reconnect to the host when your using Ghost but are you not the host when using the bot so if your Internet kicks out how would Gproxy help. I just am confused at what exactly it does. And do you need another set of cd keys for it that are different from your WC3 key AND normal ghost key?

affe100 is offline MeePwn!
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GProxy is a client which connects to battle.net. It is not for hosting just for joining games. If the game is hosted by a GHost then GProxy is able to reconnect to the GHost if you disconnected.
    You just need one Keyset. You can see the games which are hosted on battle.net in LAN and join there.
    nyan cat <3

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affe100 For This Useful Post:

Raigor is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken from the readme:
    GProxy++ is a "disconnect protection" tool for use with Warcraft III when connecting to specially configured GHost++ servers.
    It allows the game to recover from a temporary internet disruption which would normally cause a disconnect.
    The game will typically pause and display the lag screen while waiting for a player to reconnect although this is configurable on the server side.
    There is a limit to how long the game will wait for a player to reconnect although this is also configurable on the server side.
    Players can still vote to drop a player while waiting for them to reconnect and if enough players vote they will be dropped and the game will resume.

You can use GProxy++ to connect to ANY games, GHost++ hosted or otherwise.
    Players can also connect to reconnect enabled servers even without using GProxy++, they just won't be protected if they get a disconnect.
    You can also use GProxy++ for regular chat or channel monitoring.
    There are a few extra features that help you filter game lists based on the type of game you are looking for, make note of the commands below.
    Any games created by a reconnect-enabled host will be listed in blue in your game list on the LAN screen.

=========================
    Where can I use GProxy++?
    =========================

This version of GProxy++ uses the LAN connection to find games through battle.net and PVPGN networks, but it is open source and can be freely adapted to work with any other platforms.
    Many are looking into adapting it for their platforms as we speak.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raigor For This Useful Post:

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you wanted to use it for your Ghost Bot you have to connect to it through LAN and if your the host using bot do you need a different cd key for GProxy or which one would you use for it?

executez is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fogest View Post
    So if you wanted to use it for your Ghost Bot you have to connect to it through LAN and if your the host using bot do you need a different cd key for GProxy or which one would you use for it?
    To use GProxy & Ghost hosting bot at the same time you'll need two cd keys, not sure what you mean.

You go through lan using either one of them.