[Review] Warcraft III

This is a discussion on [Review] Warcraft III within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Hey guys. This is Robin1 giving you another review on one of my favorite games ever made on this planet!! ...

Robin is offline Place user title here
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Review] Warcraft III

Hey guys. This is Robin1 giving you another review on one of my favorite games ever made on this planet!! Yes, the famous RTS game… WARCRAFT III.

Background: Warcraft III is a sequel to the more prehistoric kinds of RTS’s. The warcraft series were always famous for their amzing story, gameplay, and graphics for the time. The original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos was released in July 3, 2002 following Warcraft II in December 9, 1995. The developer the famous Blizzard Entertainment brought us other famous titles as the Diablo Series and Starcraft series.

Story: The story is one of the most unique stories for a video game I have ever known. Warcraft I and II had only the orcs and humans as the playable races. The story revolves around a paladin Arthas on his quest for saving mankind from the orcs at first and then the burning legion. There are 4 playable races but there are others too that you meet in the campaign. There are Orcs, Humans, Night Elves, and Undead. The Burning Legion is an alien race that comes down to Azeroth as the common enemy for all 4 races. I would go in more detal about the plot but I don’t want to spoil anything if people are in the middle of the campaign still.

Design: There is a lot of hours you can spend on this game. Over 200 hours if you really attach to this game which I bet most of you will. Is the campaign not enough for you? Well blizzard established Battle.net on Warcraft III which is ahead of its time for online fun experience. Players are matched up with other players that are similar in skill based on their record.

Gameplay: The gameplay is like no other. Sure there are a lot of other good RTS titles out there but this game will really attach to you. It is like one of those classic games that have worse graphics and less features than the newer games out there but something about it is just perfect classic.

Presentation: This game is a must have. The graphics were ahead of its time in 2002 and still its graphics is still amazing. There is an endless amount of time you can put into this for only 30 dollars for the original and expansion!!

Conclusion: There isn’t really any major flaws honestly. Maybe some hackers are annoying online or you get owned online once in a while to better players but this is the best game of its kind. This game is arguable the best RTS ever made. The game is based on micro and skill then macro and massing up units which I personally adore. Great online experience, great campaign and endless amount of custom games such as DOTA. Plz take my opinion and go out and buy this reasonable priced great game.

My Rating: 10/10

Gamespot’s Rating: 9.3/10 Editor’s Choice

Link on Amazon: Amazon.com: Warcraft III Battle Chest: Video Games

System Requirements:

• 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent, or a 400 MHz G3 processor or better.
    • Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. Warcraft III requires Mac OS® 9.0 or higher, or Mac OS X® 10.1.3 or higher
    • Warcraft III requires 128 MB of RAM. Virtual Memory should be enabled on computers running pre-Mac OS X versions of the Mac OS®.
    • A keyboard and mouse are required.
    • A hard drive with at least 550 MB of free space

Review Contest: D3scene Game Review Contest
    Last edited by Robin; 06-11-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Moderator in SC2 section. Have any questions? PM ME!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Useful Post:

Robin is offline Place user title here
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump
    Moderator in SC2 section. Have any questions? PM ME!!

McPeon is offline Da flying one

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WarCraft3 is the best game ever made, not only one of the best RTS games. It's realy a unique game, with an epic gameplay

R.I.P. NYAN!