Another total conversion mod - Transformer RTS

This is a discussion on Another total conversion mod - Transformer RTS within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Hey guys, I've been sitting on my mule for too long and I want to do something about it. I've ...

LoveNgoan is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another total conversion mod - Transformer RTS

Hey guys, I've been sitting on my mule for too long and I want to do something about it.
    I've always had this idea of a large scale Transformer (G1) RTS where every unit - mobile or otherwise - can transform into and out of a humanoid form, complete with it's distinct abilities. But my rig is pretty outdated: I run WC3 800 x 500 resolution with every attribute at lowest to get >=60 fps... most of the time. That means I gotta make the units almost texture-less, as blocky as possible (G1 Transformers style). Also it makes it easier to differentiate units from terrain (like Total Annihilation).
    I've got unit ideas (52 units so far) written out on paper and I'll document it soon.
    The things I'm missing:
    1. Visual concept for units
    2. A single experience with the editor
    3. A solid reason to use this engine over the Age of Mythology engine (looks to be better suited in terms of scale, but with far less feedback support)
    4. Can I make a unit literally stand on top of another unit (using a unit as a flat platform for the other to stand on, like a small map)

And if anyone's wondering: No, I can't replace my MacBook.
    Last edited by LoveNgoan; 02-14-2012 at 11:19 AM.