How to Create Wc3 Games

This is a discussion on How to Create Wc3 Games within the Warcraft 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; What i first done along time a go is just add program on windows firewall However some antivirus has its ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blaze is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to Create Wc3 Games

What i first done along time a go is just add program on windows firewall
    However some antivirus has its own firewall like nortan antivirus (which is easy to configure)

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should open the ports 6112 to 6119, in both UDP and TCP. That should solve it.

Hawt.

Forged is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XplittR
    You should open the ports 6112 to 6119, in both UDP and TCP. That should solve it.
    UDO,TCP mean?? i have added both those ports and 6113 to my "Allow list" on firewall.

Edit: And my router aint found on the list at portforwarding

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What router do you got? UDP and TCP is two difrent ways the firewall reacts on I think. I am not sure, but Blizzard says that you should open both UDP and TCP. Also, there should be an way to open 6112 to 6119, instead of opening them all one by one.

Hawt.

NoplaN is offline God
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is one of the core protocols of the Internet protocol suite, often simply referred to as TCP/IP. Using TCP, applications on networked hosts can create connections to one another, over which they can exchange streams of data using Stream Sockets. The protocol guarantees reliable and in-order delivery of data from sender to receiver. TCP also distinguishes data for multiple connections by concurrent applications (e.g., Web server and e-mail server) running on the same host.
    ----------------------------------------
    User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core protocols of the Internet protocol suite. Using UDP, programs on networked computers can send short messages sometimes known as datagrams (using Datagram Sockets) to one another. UDP is sometimes called the Universal Datagram Protocol or Unreliable Datagram Protocol.

UDP does not provide the reliability and ordering that TCP does. Datagrams may arrive out of order, appear duplicated, or go missing without notice. Without the overhead of checking whether every packet actually arrived, UDP is faster and more efficient for many lightweight or time-sensitive purposes. Also, its stateless nature is useful for servers that answer small queries from huge numbers of clients. Compared to TCP, UDP is required for broadcast (send to all on local network) and multicast (send to all subscribers).

so: they have to work together or no Blizzard game would be there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12