StealthBot v2.7 coming soon!

This is a discussion on StealthBot v2.7 coming soon! within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; We have all been waiting for the release StealthBot v2.7 for a long time, and a few weeks ago you ...

xiN
    xiN is offline Guess who's back ?
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

StealthBot v2.7 coming soon!

We have all been waiting for the release StealthBot v2.7 for a long time, and a few weeks ago you may of noticed my resignation post due to my disappointment in the project's progress. Since then a lot has changed. I am now positioned as lead developer and will be managing the development team which includes the previous developers, as well as Fiftytwo, #define, Pyro, and myself. A set of goals have been defined for v2.7, and we are working towards effectively releasing this as soon as possible.

Our current focus is to improve the connection process, tie up uncompleted features, and then release it. Unfortunately, due to the lack of management during previous development, the code has created quite a few bugs. We will try remove as many as possible, but we would rather get this out. Once it is released we will provide revisions to ensure stability. The next version will be StealthBot v3.0 which is going to be rewritten in C# and will introduce an entire new set of features (including Multi-tabbing) taking this bot to a whole new level.

We currently have no official date for StealthBot v2.7, but it'll hopefully be released by the end of next month.

For any questions about what's happening or general input you'd like to provide, feel free to PM me or post about it in the appropriate board. Please don't PM me questions asking for Technical or Scripting support, use the forums for that.

~ FrOzeN

Update (August 29th, 2008)
    Version after v2.7 will be v3.0, not v2.8.

Update 2 (September 7, 2008)
    Sorry, I worded my post badly. I didn't mean to say that we are now the only developers, we have just been added. Stealth, Eric, Swent, Hdx, and Snap are all still developers. Swent is still active, Stealth, Eric, and Hdx are partially active, and Snap seems to have gone inactive.

Regarding our progress, things are coming along quite smoothly. We are just about to release the next beta, and the official release should not too far off.
    From [email protected]
    Copied from StealthBot.net ; News

Wilfred is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it, it's already being like what, a years wait and they have being claiming a release for months now.

xiN
    xiN is offline Guess who's back ?
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I doubt it, it's already being like what, a years wait and they have being claiming a release for months now.
    You can't really read well, it's coming at the end of October hopefully.

MaMuT is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its wrong.. -.- It will be not released yet..
    The Legend