Support thread for Ghost++

This is a discussion on Support thread for Ghost++ within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Post your problems/issues here, and we'll try to help you. The newest version of Ghost++ can be found here This ...

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Bat
    Bat is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support thread for Ghost++

Post your problems/issues here, and we'll try to help you.

The newest version of Ghost++ can be found here

This release contains some minor bugfixes (most importantly the autohosting bug that was introduced in 13.2) plus nindoja's modifications to allow GHost++ to be compiled on OS X and a new feature called "load in game" that was first shown to me by Strilanc on his bot.

The new readme sections:

Code:
    ========
    Overview
    ========

GHost++ is a Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne game hosting bot.
    It can host Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne games on LAN, on battle.net, on PVPGN, and on any combination of these networks at the same time.
    Since GHost++ is a bot it must have its own CD keys, username, and password for each battle.net server.
    Note that you can use the same set of CD keys on each battle.net server (East, West, Europe, Asia) at the same time.
    This means that to play on your own GHost++ bot you will need one set of CD keys for yourself and one set for your bot.
    It is possible to work around this limitation using the "Admin Game" feature of GHost++ (search this readme for more information).

===================
    Optimizing Your Bot
    ===================

*** General Tips:

The most common reason for lag in GHost++ games on Windows is due to the way Windows allocates CPU time to programs.
    If you are experiencing extreme lag on Windows, open the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), find ghost.exe in the process list, and increase the priority by one level.

The second most common reason is due to the local SQLite database GHost++ uses.
    The local SQLite database GHost++ uses is not intended to be used with large scale bots.
    If you are experiencing lag when adding admins and bans and when games end you should either delete your ghost.dbs and start over, or clean it up manually, or use MySQL instead.
    Cleaning up the database manually requires using a 3rd party tool not included in GHost++ (e.g. the SQLite Manager addon for Firefox) and is not described here.
    Using MySQL requires setting up a MySQL database server and is only recommended for advanced users.

If you are experiencing lag when using the !stats and !statsdota commands, these commands are not optimized for large databases. There is no workaround for this.
    Another reason for lag on Windows is that Windows does not handle very large log files efficiently.
    If your ghost.log is too large (several MB) you should delete or rename it. You can do this while the bot is running.

*** Network Tips:

If you are experiencing spikes when the bot is reconnecting to battle.net the most likely reason is due to the DNS resolver.
    GHost++ resolves battle.net server addresses and BNLS addresses when connecting.
    Since Version 13.3 GHost++ automatically caches all battle.net server addresses after the first connection but does NOT cache BNLS addresses.
    To avoid calling the DNS resolver when reconnecting you should ensure that the BNLS addresses in ghost.cfg are in "dots and numbers" format (e.g. "1.2.3.4").
    It is not necessary to do the same for the battle.net server addresses as they are cached and changing these addresses will affect your admins and bans.

If you are experiencing lag when players are downloading the map, try decreasing bot_maxdownloaders and bot_maxdownloadspeed in ghost.cfg.

==========================
    The "Load In Game" Feature
    ==========================

Since Version 13.3 GHost++ supports a new "load in game" feature. Credit goes to Strilanc for the idea.
    This feature is disabled by default although it is possible it will become enabled by default in a future version after enough testing.
    To enable loading in game for a particular map, simply open the map config file and add "map_loadingame = 1".
    When loading in game is enabled, as each player finishes loading the map they will immediately start the game rather than waiting at the loading screen.
    However, since other players are still loading the map, the lag screen will appear and every player still loading the map will be listed.
    As players finish loading the map they will be removed from the lag screen and a chat message will be printed.
    Since it is possible it will take more than 45 seconds for everyone to load, the lag screen timer will be reset every 30 seconds.
    This feature allows players to see who is still loading the map and allows them to chat while waiting.
    Please note that some maps with intro cutscenes do not permit chatting in the first few seconds and therefore it is not possible to chat while waiting.

The changelog:

- committed nindoja's modifications to bncsutil/StormLib/GHost++ to compile on OS X
     - added a new feature "load in game" - credit goes to Strilanc for the idea
      * see the "Load In Game" section of the readme for more information
     - added new map config value map_loadingame
     - added new command !downloads to change the bot_allowdownloads value while the bot is running
     - adjusted the battle.net flood protection code
     - cached battle.net IP addresses on first connect to eliminate resolver lag on reconnect
     - fixed a bug where autohosting wouldn't work anymore after the map was changed (introduced in 13.2)
     - fixed a minor bug where the bot would include the kicked player's score in the spread when using matchmaking
     - updated the readme with an overview and some optimization tips
     - modified language.cfg
    Before you ask a question, be sure to read the FAQ first. To easier find your issue, press CTRL + F and enter the keyword.

List of updated BNLS servers can be found here

To post a question in this thread, please supply us with the full information about your problem. Including the cfg. and the error code or problem
    If you're not getting it to work at all, i can lend you my bot. (Giving you admin rights for a day)
    Last edited by Bat; 09-09-2009 at 07:26 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Krath is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use GHost One. Can you still help me?

"What men don't understand, they fear. What men fear, they destroy."

Bat
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krath View Post
    I use GHost One. Can you still help me?
    I can try, list your problem=)

Krath is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. It didn't do this earlier, just this morning for some reason.

[ BNET: useast.battle.net] connecting to server [useast.battle.net] on port 6112
    [ BNET: useast.battle.net] connected
    [ BNCSUI] unable to open [C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Download\war3.exe]
    [ BNCSUI] unable to open [C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Download\storm.dll]
    [ BNCSUI] unable to open [C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Download\game.dll]
    [ BNET: useast.battle.net] logon failed - bncsutil key hash failed (check your Warcraft 3 path and cd keys), disconnecting
    [ BNET: useast.battle.net] disconnected from battle.net due to socket not connected
    [ BNET: useast.battle.net] waiting 30 seconds to reconnect

Krath is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your PM box is full, Bat.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, both Bat and me never used Ghost One, so there is no specific issue I could name, but there are a few possible.

Have your internet settings changed in any way?

Do you have administrator access to C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\?

Why are the files in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Download? Try to change the path to where they actually are, that is C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\.

Are you using a custom BNLS server? If so, is it up and running and does it have a good connection?

Krath is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already spoken to Bat via Private Messaging, and fixed just about all my problems. I'll post the error message I get now once I hop on my computer that has GHost on it. Thanks for trying to help.

KavanaK is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat
    You're not on the internet? Then how can you post o.O?
    Feel free to contact me for any Ghost++ or GhostOne related issues, i'm pretty much always available for help.
    ANSWERS:
    a) You probably dont know that I have two months holidays. I was in Croatia for a month and now i'm going to be in Germany for a whole month. After that i will be 15hours a day/7days a week/10months a year on the internet.
    b) Thank you.

Okay and now my questions.
    a) Is there a way to connect to multiple servers?
    b) When I connect to official B.net server after few seconds Warden kicks me. After 90 secs it reconnects ofc but where is point of the problem? I tried many things with BNLS but nothing works :/

Bat
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KavanaK View Post
    ANSWERS:
    a) You probably dont know that I have two months holidays. I was in Croatia for a month and now i'm going to be in Germany for a whole month. After that i will be 15hours a day/7days a week/10months a year on the internet.
    b) Thank you.

Okay and now my questions.
    a) Is there a way to connect to multiple servers?
    b) When I connect to official B.net server after few seconds Warden kicks me. After 90 secs it reconnects ofc but where is point of the problem? I tried many things with BNLS but nothing works :/
    Post the full error log you get, aswell as the BNLS part of your .cfg.
    And which version are you using? GhostOne or ghost++?
    I'm going to assume it's Ghost++

EDIT: You should read this section of the original site first, as it contains all warden related issues.

And yes, there is a way to connect to multiple servers, just edit the following sections of your .cfg
    bnet2_server = uswest.battle.net
    bnet2_cdkeyroc = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ## Replace 'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF' with your own Reign of Chaos CD KEY
    bnet2_cdkeytft = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ## Replace 'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF' with your own The Frozen Throne CD KEY
    bnet2_username = BotUsername
    bnet2_password = BotPassword
    bnet2_firstchannel = The Void
    bnet2_rootadmin = YourUserName
    bnet2_commandtrigger = !
    bnet2_holdfriends = 1
    bnet2_holdclan = 1
    bnet2_bnlsserver = 127.0.0.1
    bnet2_bnlsport = 9367
    bnet2_bnlswardencookie = 0
    Last edited by Bat; 07-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I try to connect, this happens to me.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast