How to stop drop hack

This is a discussion on How to stop drop hack within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; I have found a method that is working for me right now that stops the drop hackers. This only works ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    animadversion is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to stop drop hack

I have found a method that is working for me right now that stops the drop hackers. This only works with the share controll drop hack that i know of. It may not always work but im 3-0 with this method right now and I want to help people avoid it without needing the anti drophack. First thing your going to need is your router, this wont work for wireless people sorry When the other person shares controll with you first pull your internet cord out of the router and wait about 10 seconds and put it back in. Then hit Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up your task manager. I then pull my internet cord again for about 10 seconds and ctrl alt delete again. Then i click on wc3 give it a second to load and if your still frozen just repeat this process. Just try and type somthing to check and see if the lag is gone, you might have some delay but you wont lag out, and other person should leave and you will win. Im not 100% sure is this is a solution but its working for me and i just wanted to help some people out!!! Please respond to this if it works for you.

Regards,
    Animad

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well.
    It might work for you, but I think this is pure luck.
    When I pull my Lan cord out of my PC / router / w/e I'll simply disconnect and therefore won't be able to " join " the Ladder Game anymore.
    This 45 second - LaggScreen doesn't mean, that you can pull your internet out for 45 seconds
    Whatever, not working for me.

Regards, Tracky.

thewisp is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this may work for people who uses router (not pppoe modem)
    unplugging network doesnt always disconnect you.
    you <-> router <-> internet
    since you are not disconnected from ISP and you still have the same IP and you still have the TCP connection open..
    10 sec timeout will be np
    Last edited by thewisp; 05-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Solidify is offline Geek
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it do not disconnect you for 5sec more u disc.
    some firewall have it : u can use it for wifi , etc...

" Stop activities "
    Last edited by Solidify; 05-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i guess this would only work for a modem wich is what i have so. It takes me a little to disconnect from the game so im able to replug the cord in. Just hoping it works for some people. And today im about 8-0 with this tatic. Not sure if i got somthing special about my modem but im using a Actiontec. Maybe you can try pulling and replugging in right away and see if that works. I think the goal is to just start lagging in the game and it has some effect on the hack. Im not certain what its doing but im not lagging out or disc.

---------- Post added at 060 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Also this way also is making it so I can save replays. I will save the replay and report them to blizzard and I have already got three people banned for using this hack. Although blizzard cant detect it they are banning because of the obious share controll to the enemy. I suggest you report every drop hacker you play.

thewisp is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so can you explain it a bit more ? when you see "share control", you unplug the network at once ?
    and then ctrl alt del to call task manager ? what happens if u don't call task manager ?

fico23f is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewisp View Post
    so can you explain it a bit more ? when you see "share control", you unplug the network at once ?
    and then ctrl alt del to call task manager ? what happens if u don't call task manager ?
    i think then u die!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. When i see they share controll with me the game will freeze as you know. I then unplug the network so im not connected to the internet for a brief period of time. The reason i say go to task manager is because this helps you avoid some of the lag and will reduce the chance that you will be dropped. It also removes the lag and you can navigate around. I like to unplug my connection about three times before going back to warcraft. If you dont go to task manager i think your chances of getting dropped are 80% although i have never tried just unplugging aginst it and leaving game up. I have also found just loading your task manager increases the time you last before you drop. So these two methods combined make it so your able to live through the lag spike and continue playing or you will have won the game. When I say unplug, I mean directly remove your internet cord from your computer and wait a few seconds so you begin to lag in the game (box comes up and you have 45 seconds). Although you cannot see your lag box because your being dropped it will be there for the other player. They think they have dropped you but what your doing is avoiding the drop and coming back into the game. Dont unplug for more than 15 seconds based on internet connection because you might drop out of bnet because your no longer connected. If you keep in under 15 seconds you should be able to plug it back in and continue to play. Wireless users its hard because you have to re establish a connection witch can add to your time, but it's not impossible. I hope im covering most of it, if you still have questions just reply to this. The goal here is just pulling ur internet cord out waiting long enough for you to lag in game and then plugging it back in. Although if your internet disc you right away i suggest you dont do this, but most of my friends dont have problems using this method.
    Thanks for your questions and posts,
    Animad

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What_a_wall_of_text :/

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha typed that in about 3 min didnt re read just kinda got in a groove and went with it so most of it prolly dont make any sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast