A few questions about memory searching

This is a discussion on A few questions about memory searching within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; In memory searching I have seen changing values, but how would you find the values of stuff like unit speed ...

drunk-snowball is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few questions about memory searching

In memory searching I have seen changing values, but how would you find the values of stuff like unit speed or placement? When some one came up with the tower hack, how were they able to find an exploit like that. I don't think you can find stuff like that with just a value search.

Another question about memory editing in WC III. I can't find the memory address of my gold/food/lumber values. I have been able to make gold mines disappear and workers carry back like 2000 gold but oddly I cannot find the address of my gold. It is almost as if they put something in there to keep you from doing that.

I also can not figure out why I can not change the memory value of units and building's health in game. I find the address but when changed in the memory editor it does nothing in game. It is kind of cool though, the memory address of the building HP is always linked to the worker creating the structure.

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to change your gold, when you search for your current value, you will have to multiply it with 10.
    ex. You got 400 gold, then you have to search for 4000 gold. Then you build a worker, so you got 325 gold, then you search for 3250.

I am not sure at all, but I think somebody said it was like this. Better wait for somebody who actually knows about this answers.

drunk-snowball is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out. Basically you just change the values of how much it went up or down by. Well this works for some stuff. Usually you get these extremely crazy numbers. Lets say your unit has 250 hp. The Value in the memory would be like 27384250. I guess they did that to prevent hacking, I can't imagine that being useful for anything else. Whatever you do don't change the value of your hp though heh. You get a crash xD