[Release] Warcraft III v1.24 namespoofer

This is a discussion on [Release] Warcraft III v1.24 namespoofer within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; That's alot rep. First I thought it were the same way with + rep as well. That rep power 8 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Lost_boy is offline Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    19
    That's alot rep. First I thought it were the same way with + rep as well. That rep power 8 gave 8+ rep. But I noticed that was false.


  2. #22
    Tracky's Avatar
    Tracky is offline Administrator

    Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,854
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42
    Reputation
    5606
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_boy View Post
    That's alot rep. First I thought it were the same way with + rep as well. That rep power 8 gave 8+ rep. But I noticed that was false.
    No, that's correct.
    Rep power = how much you'll get.
    = 1reputation point.
    -rep = 50% of your rep power.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracky For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    AnthIste is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou] View Post
    No, you're wrong. He's probably using a pointer which holds the current offset, and since game.dll's base offset can change on a newer OS, it might not work for some people.
    I dynamically find the base address of game.dll instead of hardcoding it. I actually wrote a tutorial on how I made it, check it out:
    Warcraft III Namespoofer - rohitab.com - Forums

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthIste For This Useful Post:


  6. #24
    YourName's Avatar
    YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1088
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthIste View Post
    I dynamically find the base address of game.dll instead of hardcoding it. I actually wrote a tutorial on how I made it, check it out:
    Warcraft III Namespoofer - rohitab.com - Forums
    It should be fine if you do it dynamically, however, your offset won't work on other patches as the one you're using.
    The best method to find the actual address for a namespoofer is the loop, which some namespoofers have been using and still use because it worked from 1.22 until now.
    Last edited by YourName; 07-25-2010 at 11:22 PM.

  7. #25
    Daniel999's Avatar
    Daniel999 is offline bla

    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Reputation
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou] View Post
    That tutorial proves my statement. If you're using a address inside of the game.dll, it will not work on any other Warcraft version besides the one you're running and it might crash on Vista or 7, because game.dll's base adress isn't 0x6F000000.
    That's what you know from Darimus (Maybe I'm wrong about this dunno :/)

  8. #26
    YourName's Avatar
    YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1088
    I edited my post btw, I should possibly go to sleep..
    Anyway, the fact that game.dll's base changes shouldn't really be anything you hear from other people. It's a somewhat sad fact and you should take notice about it if you code your own maphacks.

  9. #27
    AnthIste is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    28
    No, I don't rely on the base address of game.dll always being the same:

    Just a minor update considering the edit-timer has long since expired:

    The static address (0x6FAE3CDC) resides in Game.dll, which has a preferred base address of 0x6F000000, so the actual address to use would be Game.dll+0x00AE3CDC. The base address of a module can be acquired with the ToolHelp32 API's (CreateToolhelp32Snapshot, Module32First, Module32Next).
    btw, that was in response to
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou
    ]
    That tutorial proves my statement. If you're using a address inside of the game.dll, it will not work on any other Warcraft version besides the one you're running and it might crash on Vista or 7, because game.dll's base adress isn't 0x6F000000.
    Last edited by AnthIste; 07-26-2010 at 06:20 AM.

  10. #28
    YourName's Avatar
    YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY


    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1088
    Yea I know, I read that post after I made mine and edited it.

  11. #29
    AnthIste is offline Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8
    Reputation
    28
    I've added a handy colour dialog for those people too lazy to convert RBG values to a hex code

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •