dreamdota new version coming: improvements

This is a discussion on dreamdota new version coming: improvements within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Hey guys, i've not posted here for long time. we are working on dreamdota new version right now, actually completely ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thewisp is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dreamdota new version coming: improvements

Hey guys, i've not posted here for long time.
    we are working on dreamdota new version right now, actually completely reworked.
    the new version still takes some time until release.

- complete c++ implementation instead of script:
    this will solve the problems of lagging in game and disconnection from game.
    icefrog adds more and more codes into map each version, when the total executed code length exceeds limit, it causes desync. Also jass script is the reason of ineffectiveness.

- great improvements to last hit feature:
    before, dreamdota never calculated random events, the datas were only assumed or averaged. Now it's time to work like a scientist. new version calculation is all based on random distribution: unit damages are random, miss / crit are random, reaction delay and network latency and so on. Our intern test shows that the new version can last hit at least 30% better than the old versions, solely because it micros better.
    (simple test result: single player, some average hero, 10 min no item no ability = 60 last hit / 30 deny)
    also we're going to add more options for users to tune how the feature should work.

haha.png

- maybe the new version will have its own script language / feature editor, this allows users to write their own features, for example, dodge spell.

- you tell me your suggestion !

Last edited by thewisp; 04-13-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: add picture

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewisp For This Useful Post:

Raigor is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things like scoreboard should be triggerable if someone asks you for a screenshot.

13Mei is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait the new version out

joaocarne is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys should make it work well with lo-fi pcs like mine, i bought 1y license and i cant use it cause it reduces my fps way too much and freezes nonstop when teamfights occur

lots of friends have this problem aswell, should be something you guys could work on

howimetyourmother is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autocast/lasthit with dagon.

ferry.halim is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are some suggestions. I don't know if they're possible, and they're not necessary, but I'll write them anyways.
    -add notifications for sunstrike and lion/lina (off by default) ults as well. I hate overestimating when I can actually kill people with it.
    -change Lanaya so that she last hits within a certain range, since she has very short range in the beginning.
    -I'm not sure how this works, but since you can calculate when people are able to be killed with dagon, Zeus's ult, etc... Maybe add numbers on enemy heros calculating how much magic damage is required to kill them? (i.e. Lina has 270 HP left, clicking on the hero and pressing a hotkey would display the number "360" somewhere on the hero or whatever since it requres 360 magic damage to kill her after a 25% default magic reduction.) And if possible...adjust it to work with Hood of Defiance, Anti-Mage's shield, TC's reduction, Pipe, etc...

can2turbo is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have been a member since almost 1 year, I'm happy about the 'NEW' last hit, however I'm enough pro to beat that number.

I'm still interested in dreamdota anyways. avoiding spells, panda's ulti are very cool. I was not planning to get another 1year membership since you never take into consideration what I wrote to you, to this forum, or even your personel inbox.

I can send you the links in the forum. I basically sent those suggestions which were not taken into consideration, most importantly I was not even replied. It could be hard to implement ??

1-Lina's or Lion's ulti to be shown. Below 400, boom!
    2-or possible trigger of dagon under certain HP. (lvl1,2,3,4,5)
    3-A suggestion about the courier/flying courier;
    Could you please add a feature for the couriers that makes the 'courier shield' active and make it 'return back home' if it is under attack! It would help prevent the flying courier die and loose your items.
    4-Effective usage of 'Phase Shift' would be great. (Like dagger/blink usage under missiles, stuns etc)
    Venge/sven/levi starts stun... whoop:phase shift... it is dodged!
    Please consider this one! would be a great tool for puck...

I hope you can at least implement some of them or at least reply that it cant be done.
    I will be getting a new membership if you could...
    Thank you..
    Last edited by can2turbo; 04-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these kind of personalized features can not be implemented as default and thus i couldn't .
    but we think about open up scripts so that every user can write / modify their own features for example:

function courierSaveLife (event(EVENT_ATTACKED), attackerallow(ANY), targetallow(list_typeofcouriers), timeallow(ANY))
    target.doAction(ACTION_GOHOME)
    end

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

4-Effective usage of 'Phase Shift' would be great. (Like dagger/blink usage under missiles, stuns etc)
    Venge/sven/levi starts stun... whoop:phase shift... it is dodged!

i thought this feature is already in dreamdota ?
    by the way, sven's stun can almost not be dodged, it was intended to be designed not dodgable with micro (only if you have the luck 1 out of 1000 perhaps)

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

the script will be API based like jass, but using different syntax.
    we`ll also change the way it works to make it easier for new users, such as combined events and combined actions.
    instead of "move to current X + distance * cos(facing), current Y + distance * sin(facing)" you can do "move forward distance", and instead of "move forward 400, turn -90degree and move forward400, ...", you can write "turn a circle right here within distance 400"

possible actions now:
    - hold fire : stop and stay at where the unit is, without firing at anybody. (i use it for last hit)
    - attack someone: choose different detailed methods: want to hit fast / hit safe ; want to attract enemy / don't attract enemy; use arrow effect / don't use arrow effect etc....
    - move: move to absolute pos, move to unit pos, move to relative pos, move forward, move backwards, move direction , ...

can2turbo is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the answer thewisp. The new 'open script' looks promising. It might create endless possibilities.

The puck's dodge is not implemented or else I must have turned it off somehow since I play puck often.

Just a question out of curiosity; I cannot get why it is impossible to implement the same ulti warning (red for axe, green for zeus etc) for lina or lion's ulti?

Thank you.

Array
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, it is of course possible, but the code (dreamdota) is shit and we don't want to make it disconnect more often.
    thus the total remake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast