Trying to Reduce Lag and delay for other countries

This is a discussion on Trying to Reduce Lag and delay for other countries within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Hey, I'm using ghost++ and host on servers East,West,Asia,Europe,Eurobattle, and everyone from outside of united states gets always 200 ms ...

DEathjr. is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to Reduce Lag and delay for other countries

Hey, I'm using ghost++ and host on servers East,West,Asia,Europe,Eurobattle, and everyone from outside of united states gets always 200 ms or over.Is there any program or anything I could get to lower this? I've noticed that Big bots out there don't have this problem with this, so it shouldn't be impossible.

Deathjr.

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends from your connection and your location. When you're hosting from Germany it's normal that Americans, Canadians or Koreans (for example) can have a high ping.
    Activate the option "TCP_NoDelay" (set it to 1) in your bot config and don't set the latency too low else it could happen that many people have desync and will disconnect. Make sure that your internet is free from garbage which slow down your bandwith and latency.

Further you should use the newest version of ghost++ what you can download via TortoiseSVN. The "big" bots are using highspeed connections with heavy upload to minimize ping problems. But even the big bots can't handle some players who are too far away, have a bad connection or downloading while playing.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm from America usually have the lowest ms here 7 to 15 ms and when playing on Europe's servers I have 40-60ms. I have tried using "TCP_NoDelay" and it just makes the game I'm in lag ,and I need it to be low because the game (Hungry Hungry Felhounds) needs to be at 35 to 55 latency. I have the newest version using SVN Because at the moment I'm trying to compile them. If you could also help me with that that would greatly be appreciated.
    Deathjr.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to codelain.com and have a look on the ghost++ wiki. There is detailed written how you have to compile or modify ghost.Normally NoDelay should work good and reduce latency. But your pings are really good, even on europe games. 40-60 is a nice value. Note that it also depends from the battle.net servers and their usage.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been to there website, I'm trying to compile ghost One. I haven't had the greatest time trying to follow there outdated instructions for ghost++ even. I'll try using the NoDelay again, because I haven't used it since I upgraded my computer so it could've been my pc that was lagging it last time. By any chance would you know any pvpgn servers. I know the trackers and all but I don't feel like decoding others people languages so I was wondering if you had any I could use?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Yeah, the Nodelay helps but now everyones ping is 20 to 30 ms higher.
    Deathjr.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For europe there is eurobattle.net. But for USA you have to search a pvpgn server.