Latency Override?

This is a discussion on Latency Override? within the Warcraft 3 Hacks, bots and tools board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Download Test Prog, and Give Me Feedback: Latency Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?5072dtqf0e2ttdq It's a simple script in AutoIt, so it should work ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MountainDew is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latency Override?

Download Test Prog, and Give Me Feedback:

Latency Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?5072dtqf0e2ttdq

It's a simple script in AutoIt, so it should work for everyone. Use it in games with different latency's, to feel the different effects.
    Note, that ladder games have 250ms latency, which is kind of a lot. The higher the latency, the longer the spikes.

Explanation:

By changing a memory offset in warcraft 3, you can basically have zero delay.

I think what it does is, it speeds up your warcraft's game, but it's being throttled by the latency that's in place. This means if the latency was 100 ms, then your game can play 100ms ahead of the others, making your delay ignore the latency.

It's all swell and dandy, but there's a downside. The game only proceeds forward every x milliseconds, when x is the latency. In between those 'spikes', the game is at a halt. At 100 latency, you can see the game progress every tenth of a second, so you have ten 'halts' every second. At around 250 latency (ladder games), the game stops 4 times per second. It basically looks like lag.

I tried playing the custom game 'Run Kitty Run' and set the latency to 300. Sounds impossible right? With this trick, I was able to play it perfectly, with an emulated ~20 ms latency... but it was choppy as hell.

Is that a fair price to pay; to be able to IGNORE the latency but have the game look shitty? Iso input.
    Last edited by MountainDew; 03-09-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added test prog

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised that no one is interested in this! Oh well, I'll probably make a small little tool out of it and people can test it for themselves.

This is how I tested it:

I had two Wc3 windows up connected in the same game, neither being the host, and then I adjusted one of the Wc3's for the latency override. Both Wc3 windows showed a timer of the game time, and the hacked Wc3 was clearly 1 second ahead. The actions sent TO the hacked Wc3 would perform first, allowing you to react and make your actions, and the outgoing actions were then performed 1 second later on the non-hacked Wc3.

I'll post the tool in a little bit.

mekanica is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this usefull to get easy win on Bnet ladder games ?
    French baguette is here !

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how much you mind the spiking, lol. I still haven't got around to making a prog out of it, I might do it tonight.

chukkyjr is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it easily overriden in GHost rooms?

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chukkyjr View Post
    is it easily overriden in GHost rooms?
    Yeah, GHost hosted games, ladder, manual host, anything. It all uses the same "speed" modifier.

Malboy is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it detectable by warden and bannable?

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malboy View Post
    Is it detectable by warden and bannable?
    It is, just like every other hack that edits memory, but there's no way in hell they're ever going to scan for this. It doesn't inject itself or hook anything; it just patches an offset and exits. You can use it in ladder, custom games, whatever, and without dropbnet.

This is just a test program though, and I realize that the spikes that this causes may be too undesirable for a whole game's duration, so I'm going to make a tool where you can toggle it on and off (for fights, or scenarios where you just want zero delay).
    Last edited by MountainDew; 03-12-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Malboy is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested it today and the tool is really good and useful especially on ladder games. It would be nice if you make it auto run when you enter a game, so alt tabbing in the begin of match won t be necessary. Also would be very interesting if we could set our desired latency, i had too much spikes because maybe the latency was too low for me, so if i could choose any latency i want would be perfect!

Good job btw keep it up, !

Farid.Agl is offline Advanced Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm, i can't understand its usage.
    Look, for example i'm playing a game on Garena, i don't have lag but i have delay, i mean the game isn't flickering but when i click somewhere to move there, my unit starts moving after x (500 for example) ms, does your tool is going to fix this? I mean it will change the 500ms to 0ms ? Or i miss understood?
    http://faridaghili.ir

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast