Micro orc,,raider

This is a discussion on Micro orc,,raider within the Warcraft 3 Strategies and replays board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; This 1v1 orc strategy utilizes two facts about warcraft 3: Most players usually have one main army throughout the game. ...

ANDY-BEE is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro orc,,raider

This 1v1 orc strategy utilizes two facts about warcraft 3:

Most players usually have one main army throughout the game.
    Raiders own buildings because they deal siege damage
    My strategy can be used with these two things in mind. The idea is to have 2 groups, one with your hero(s) and units, and another composed of 6 to 8 raiders. In the early game all the units in the hero/unit group should be grunts. Grunts are the strongest tier 1 unit out of all four races so don’t waste your money making headhunters or any other type of unit at this point. This is the group of units you will use to creep hunt with. Make sure to creep hard because it will supply you with a steady stream of items and gold.

Your second group, composed of raiders should be used whenever your opponent is away from his main or expansion. He could be doing anything from creep hunting to attacking you. When he is away, run your raiders into his base. The first thing you should look to attack is the town hall. The destruction of this should bring you a "gg" from your opponent on the spot. It is a good idea to have the raider's net researched so that workers can be netted to prevent them from repairing the town hall (good players will do this) which would buy them time for their army to come in and drive you out.

If your opponent uses his scroll of town portal, run away immediately (unless the town hall is a few hits away from being destroyed). If he has an expansion run your raiders to that and attack it. During this time bring your hero/unit group to his base. Your opponent will probably take his army to save his expansion from your raiders. Now you can move in with your hero/unit group and do some damage. Your opponent with his one group has to make a choice, since he can’t be at two places at once (but you can). If your opponent is smart he will run back to save his main. Now his expansion is unguarded and should be made short work of by your raiders.

If you were unable to take out the enemy's base, retreat with all your units back to your base. If you have not expanded, now is a good time to do so since you are at an advantage. This is just one way that this strategy can play out.

You can alternatively start it by attacking the enemy expansion first. The idea is to just use your judgment and see where you can deal the most damage, although taking out the main town hall should have priority. The main thing to remember is to harass 2 places at once. Raiders are fast and with nets should always be able to get away. If the attack fails to finish off the enemy, the production of raiders should stop unless you know you can still do good damage with them. You should at this point in the game switch production to wyverns. This shouldn't be hard to do since you should have used two beastiary buildings to produce raiders.

Some things to remember when using this strategy:

If you don’t expand (in order to tech faster) research pillage since you are basing your attacks on buildings. This will help your economy.
    Don't fight the enemy with your hero/unit group unless you know you can win (you got some lucky item drops) because his army will be larger than yours. Best-case scenario is that he follows you to your main. With burrows and towers you should be able to hold him off while your raiders work on his base.
    If there are a lot of towers in your opponent’s base, attack the outlying buildings.
    For my hero group I like to dual hero (TC and FS) with grunts. The TC’s war stomp along with the FS’s chain lighting can help you hold your own against a larger army.
    Buy scrolls of healing. Their value is enormous. They heal each unit 200 hp. If you have say 10 damaged units, the scroll will heal each of them 200 hp. Doing that math, that’s 2000 hp your opponent will have to re-deal to those units.
    What goes up,,,,,,must come down.

*""GooD.LucK-NooB""*

BlameTheGame is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro orc,,raider

Healing scrolls heal 150 hp... and raiders is noob only works against NE archers, and your heroes have to be high(er) levels,

That tac wont every work, i personally like a Dh / Kotg Archer / talong combo against that, entangle + cyclone when raider user runs away = 3-4 units dead, Raider user have no chance, besides talons gives extra dmg to grunts and archers extra to raiders ( In roc ) you might win 50-55% with that but you wont ever win anyone better unless your having like 2 inferno stones
    Former Global Moderator

eSSSSS is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro orc,,raider

yeah i have only used that strat when i first started solo, worked good back then but now it isnt as good was it ONCE was. i go fs 2 grunt tech to scout (unless you use mh) to either shams tauren pult to either hh pult.

i go bm agisnt elf fs vs all other races. tc 2nd if i go ranged (hh). Voodo if i go taurens.

To me it all depends on the game and maps. hard to explain e-z to show =P

Petekes is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro orc,,raider

wont EVER go tauren in orc mirror tft...roc i dont know but i would never go on tauren in tft...