Undead Guide

This is a discussion on Undead Guide within the Warcraft 3 Strategies and replays board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Right off the start send 2 acos on mine, 1 to make graveyard and then to make crypt. Quickly build ...

wazabeuuu is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undead Guide

Right off the start send 2 acos on mine, 1 to make graveyard and then to make crypt. Quickly build your other acos for the mine. After you get 150 gold build your first zig preferably by your mine. When you have enough money then make your alter. You should now have all 4 buildings going up, 5 acos and your ghoul still on wood. Your crypt and zig will finish around the same time. Make 1 ghoul and rally him onto wood near graveyard for faster mining. Your graveyard and alter will finish around the same time and make Deathknight hero and start your first fiend asap. You should be at 17/20 food now. As soon as you start your fiend go make a tomb of relics (shop) and then a 2nd zig before you start your 2nd fiend. This way even though you have a little slower 2nd fiend, the rest of your build wont slow down because no food available. Alright, now you should have DK making, 2 ghouls, 1 fiend, and your 2nd zig and shop going up. Now when you get the money make your 2nd fiend and it should finish around when the zig finishes. As soon as that happens DK should be out and start creeping 1st nearby green. Then creep 2 nearby yellow creeps and you should be level 3. Make the 3rd fiend and then the 4th fiend as well while you start creeping. If your vsing an orc i usually would make a frost tower sometime to stop a bm harass. Ok 4th fiend is out. You should have 26/30 food. Start your tech to Tier 2. Dont make another fiend, make 2 ghouls and make another zig. You should be at 30/30 food when the zig finishes and have 4 ghouls which will be needed late game. alright You also should be around level 3 and should do a few hit and runs to see whats up. Anyways while teching make 1 or 2 more fiends but save up to have at least 400 gold when tech is done to make Lich as soon as tech is done. Lich is more than you would think a need to win in alot of games. Lich is done make sure you get frost nova first... and start teching to tier 3. make your sacrificial pit sometime along the tech but try to put it in the back of your base so oppenents wont see. that way you can start frosties and they wont expect it right away. Tier 3 is done, make sure you get orb on lich. It gives you 5 more dmg and minuses their armor. Critical when focusing units 1 by 1. really helps. Also give lich any claws or attack + items to lich and all strength items on DK for some extra health. Make 1 boneyard. Start making frosties and keep making fiends. Never stop making fiends your always gonna need them. Make a CL if you are vsing an orc or anything besides mass dryads/breakers. Impale will do good work vs mass bears or mass grunts with raiders ect.. Then nova and slow them and coil units. Alright Frosties are out go hit and win. Usually in battles frosty will be focused so try to keep it alive with coil and jsut hiding behind fiends. Dont let heros die. Undead needs their heros to win. Thats about it. Standard Fiend/Frosty strategy. Can be used in solo 2v2 3v3 or 4v4. I use the exact same build order I have a 37-12 solo record unabused and a 77-22 Rt record unabused. Got my Cryptlord icon over 1k games over 60% legit just passin on how i play. Hope it helps.

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wazabeuuu View Post
    Right off the start send 2 acos on mine, 1 to make graveyard and then to make crypt. Quickly build your other acos for the mine. After you get 150 gold build your first zig preferably by your mine. When you have enough money then make your alter. You should now have all 4 buildings going up, 5 acos and your ghoul still on wood. Your crypt and zig will finish around the same time. Make 1 ghoul and rally him onto wood near graveyard for faster mining. Your graveyard and alter will finish around the same time and make Deathknight hero and start your first fiend asap. You should be at 17/20 food now. As soon as you start your fiend go make a tomb of relics (shop) and then a 2nd zig before you start your 2nd fiend. This way even though you have a little slower 2nd fiend, the rest of your build wont slow down because no food available. Alright, now you should have DK making, 2 ghouls, 1 fiend, and your 2nd zig and shop going up. Now when you get the money make your 2nd fiend and it should finish around when the zig finishes. As soon as that happens DK should be out and start creeping 1st nearby green. Then creep 2 nearby yellow creeps and you should be level 3. Make the 3rd fiend and then the 4th fiend as well while you start creeping. If your vsing an orc i usually would make a frost tower sometime to stop a bm harass. Ok 4th fiend is out. You should have 26/30 food. Start your tech to Tier 2. Dont make another fiend, make 2 ghouls and make another zig. You should be at 30/30 food when the zig finishes and have 4 ghouls which will be needed late game. alright You also should be around level 3 and should do a few hit and runs to see whats up. Anyways while teching make 1 or 2 more fiends but save up to have at least 400 gold when tech is done to make Lich as soon as tech is done. Lich is more than you would think a need to win in alot of games. Lich is done make sure you get frost nova first... and start teching to tier 3. make your sacrificial pit sometime along the tech but try to put it in the back of your base so oppenents wont see. that way you can start frosties and they wont expect it right away. Tier 3 is done, make sure you get orb on lich. It gives you 5 more dmg and minuses their armor. Critical when focusing units 1 by 1. really helps. Also give lich any claws or attack + items to lich and all strength items on DK for some extra health. Make 1 boneyard. Start making frosties and keep making fiends. Never stop making fiends your always gonna need them. Make a CL if you are vsing an orc or anything besides mass dryads/breakers. Impale will do good work vs mass bears or mass grunts with raiders ect.. Then nova and slow them and coil units. Alright Frosties are out go hit and win. Usually in battles frosty will be focused so try to keep it alive with coil and jsut hiding behind fiends. Dont let heros die. Undead needs their heros to win. Thats about it. Standard Fiend/Frosty strategy. Can be used in solo 2v2 3v3 or 4v4. I use the exact same build order I have a 37-12 solo record unabused and a 77-22 Rt record unabused. Got my Cryptlord icon over 1k games over 60% legit just passin on how i play. Hope it helps.
    Nice Guide. Will try it
    But next time plz a bit more structure in your text, then it's easier to read

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok sorry

moozle is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx 4 this

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide but a few fixes:

in the beginning you should build altar before first zig
    for this, i would also tech to tier 3 right when u hit tier 2 then build lich bc you are looking for speed on tier 3 and you want that orb faster, because you are not building t2 units
    i would suggest mentioning the addition of shades to scout so that you know if you shouldnt build wyrms if they have lots of AA

now the good things:
    i like how you build 4 ghouls overall just like me, that helps a lot
    you are defintely right about always pumping fiends bc they are crucial and can help a lot

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i usually have around 600-700 gold saved up in time of tech done so lich and tech can be done at same time almost. it really helps with a ne teammate too that can feed just a bit..

i prefer the zig before the alter, just in my opinion.. i beat the real RSM. in a ud mirror and my fiend build was slightly faster than his

a shade isnt always needed maybe make 1 though i usually always make wryms just because you can coil them easily, put a frost armor on them so if netted by raiders it still hurts them and what not. frosts are badass unit and very criticle with the army even vs a ton of aa.. bats wont do anything with web... any ground aa will die...

undead_warrior is offline Geek
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm idk, i been played my games using strat similar to this, but i can't never beat my brother who play orc, he just keep doing raider and walker rush before i can even get to tier 3.

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if you look at the build time for zig and altar, you will notice that if you build the altar a few seconds before the zig, the zig will still finish before the altar yet the altar will come much faster than building an altar after the zig... and this means a faster hero which means faster creeping (your 2nd fiend comes while you move to creep so no time is lost), i dont see how you can argue against that because i have played countless games in 2s ud where i mirror another ud (without any ne feed) and i will always beat them if they build zig altar instead of altar zig, the proof is in the build times on the official battle.net website.

if you have an ally that scouts a lot or you have some other method of knowing what is going on secretly (sentry wards or ww blademaster) then you don't need shades but since you plan to focus on frost wyrms late game, you should get 1-2 (patrol 1 between bases to see what they are buliding and keep the other near their army). it only helps for scouting advantage and vs any invis units, it's not a must but i highly recommend it later on

frost wyrms are ok but usually done when you can dual rax and have some sort of expo on your team to support the army, but im talking vs good ppl who put pressure and harass you and don't let you just build your army easily, then frost wyrms are only effective if they have no AA or you have 3+ upgraded somewhat (2-2) with strong lvl heroes, i wouldnt' put too much faith into your death coil because if you use a coil on a wyrm that only heals it 400 hp or 600 hp (only 1/3 to 1/2 its health) and then they FF your lich or fiends fast, you will lose those fast) again, keep in mind im talking about good ppl who have some sort of magic or anti magic and the ability to see burrowed units (truesight) because only noobs would not get those vs. undead

i agree with your frost armor and web ideas but real orc players keep their bats away and then bring them in suddenly to most or all of your wyrms (but you can use coil and frost armor + upgraded armor to reduce this damage)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to killerwave7 For This Useful Post:

trihunter is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with killerwave7 i use altar be4 zig and it always helps