A great hero often overlooked.

This is a discussion on A great hero often overlooked. within the Warcraft 3 Strategies and replays board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Anyone ever done any substantial research on the Alchemist? I've been toying with him and he seeems incredibly (more) powerful ...

soygamer is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A great hero often overlooked.

Anyone ever done any substantial research on the Alchemist? I've been toying with him and he seeems incredibly (more) powerful with the help of bloodlust or unholy frenzy. He seems to have very high dmg output, and with lvl 3 rage+ with lust or frenzy, he becomes very formidible and scary. Only weakness i see is his ability to take heavy amounts of damge. Rage is definetly his best ability imo, followed by acid bomb. However, i usually test, rage, bomb, rage, bomb, rage, bomb, transmute (another very nice skill) bomb spray spray spray. This hero is not for noobs. He requires constant invul potions/microing cause he is focused a lot. He is a great hero to be used with dmg dealers cause of his acid bomb. He is great with ud/ne in my opinion. Banshee is also useful with him cause they can put anti magic shields on him to prevent nuking. In the beginning of the game he can quickly retreat or attack a unit with rage. Ach may not be the best hero in the game, but he can be a fun alternative from those ordinary altar heroes. Plz comment.

Jessrawr is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken a liking to the alchemist myself, me being an all around hum/ud/orc player, I sometimes pick him depending on which race im using and which situation i am in . For orc if I decide to use him I pair him up with the Shadow Hunter and Tauren Chieftan or Far Seer. For Human I gather up my Paladin or MK + BM for banish. And last but not least the UD I use him with the Beastmaster or Lich + Crypt Lord. Reasons for taking the Lich or Crypt lord over the DK is because if ur alchemist is running low on hp he definetly cant heal him so how is the alchemist gonna survive? By being surrounded by units and heroes that do high damage themselves . It really helps for human to go Alch|MK|BM too because of the BM's banish which makes any banished unit take ALOT more damage ^^

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessrawr View Post
    I have taken a liking to the alchemist myself, me being an all around hum/ud/orc player, I sometimes pick him depending on which race im using and which situation i am in . For orc if I decide to use him I pair him up with the Shadow Hunter and Tauren Chieftan or Far Seer. For Human I gather up my Paladin or MK + BM for banish. And last but not least the UD I use him with the Beastmaster or Lich + Crypt Lord. Reasons for taking the Lich or Crypt lord over the DK is because if ur alchemist is running low on hp he definetly cant heal him so how is the alchemist gonna survive? By being surrounded by units and heroes that do high damage themselves . It really helps for human to go Alch|MK|BM too because of the BM's banish which makes any banished unit take ALOT more damage ^^
    I wonder where I can find like a pro use it as a first hero and win. I have been searching and the only replay i have seemed to find was when an orc vs hu replay where the orc got the alch 3rd hero for (human's mass fly) and he won.
    Last edited by soygamer; 10-05-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg, you saw that one too? That was the best replay i've seen in my life imo lol. Plus i've almost never seen an orc go tri hero vs any race xD. But now with the use of kodos alot of orcs go t3 for the orb AND the damage upgrade :P which i kinda like.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessrawr View Post
    Omg, you saw that one too? That was the best replay i've seen in my life imo lol. Plus i've almost never seen an orc go tri hero vs any race xD. But now with the use of kodos alot of orcs go t3 for the orb AND the damage upgrade :P which i kinda like.
    Ya it was one of the first times i have every seen tri hero on orc. I was kinda rooting for the hu (the underdog in my opinion) cause the orc player is actually grubby's 2s partner in tournys. I forgot his name though but he is really good.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm i think it started with an L? I think. If you can find it can u send me it?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, no problem

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol now i am going to have to start a thread about the tinker!!! rofl (I hate tinker).