Orc tactic's vs all race's

This is a discussion on Orc tactic's vs all race's within the Warcraft 3 Strategies and replays board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; hiho, i'll try to explain the good strategies for all races, my 2nd run is ORC Orc vs Undead Build ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pheeR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Orc tactic's vs all race's

hiho, i'll try to explain the good strategies for all races, my 2nd run is ORC

Orc vs Undead

Build Order: as like always with orc you start with 4+5. peon, altar, burrow, rax, and some more peon, 5 on gold and 7 on wood. aim is to get 20/20 with 1 grunt, hero and all the rest peons, this is ment because alot units of the orcish race are 3 supply worth so you get 50/50 later on.

the idea: well to be honest there's nothink you can do wrong. in my eyes this is the most imbalanced match-up in warcraft. well anyway the most effective one is still a mix. vs fiends of the ud you go 4 kodos, grunts, raider, bm + tc and some bats if needet later on. of course you change your built units like the ud. for example if the ud choose to go fiends + 2 stats + ABOS! then you add alot more kodos then usual and forget all the bats. just be sure to get advantage of your t2 expansion and harras almost all the game. go for creepjacks, you can't do nothing wrong vs it. vs ghouls the undead will probably go destroyer with lich as 2nd hero or will change to dl 2nd adding fiends to the ghouls. a formula to check that even without scout: if you kill alot of ghouls in the early game, be sure the undead will not go for dl 2nd and mass ghoul + fiend tactic. then you can except mass destroyer or even wyrms. the best counter is just mass wyver, vs every air except gargoyles you should play wyver. if he adds gargoyles you add the same amount of bats to your army.

Usage: orcs have alot of good maps for them. every fountain map is good for orc. the probably best map is Secret Valley since there are 2 fountains. the fountains heal on percentage. so 700/800hp grunts get 1% of their life (7-8hp per second) healed while ghouls (3,4 hp per second) get's halth of the grunts hp on the same time. if you play vs an undead feel free to choose LT (ROC), its the best in my eyes.

Orc vs Nightelf

alot of people say that this matchup is imbalanced. well lately alot of orc's wins so maybe the imbalance is gone the build order is everytime the same so look above for it.

the idea: in this matchup is harrasing the most important fact. i've seen alot of games with dh lvl 1 after 20minutes. it is typical since the elf tries to get tier 3 master talon or bears. bm is the most used hero in this line up and i think he deserves it the most. try to get up an expansion at t2 since the elf can't do alot against it. probably he won't even scout it if you play on TM and do a expansion in a very unexcepted place. after it stand's you should do alot of raiders since they are the best units vs elfs. of course you need alot of spirit walker too. at least 4-5. if the elf goes talon you can also try for 1-2 cata's. i know you will say "he will fly with his talons to my catas" well we all know ensnared talons cant fly so try to ensnare alot of em and the ones who fly around or even move to the catas, kill em with the bm. the most important is to get TC lvl 3. if you don't, you already lost. vs bears you should consider getting kodos and micro'ing very well, since it's very hard for orc because of the fact that orc doesn't have magic units which can kill bears and such easily. like said harras with the bm the wisps and creep with ur 3 grunts by using ur imba multitasking skill. try to cancel the lores or winds after the elf reaches tier 2. if you played this game alot, you should know when a race hits t2. it's difficult what an elf does. if he goes archer and a normal tech it should take around 40min. if you are not sure just scout.

Usage: like vs ud fountain maps are very well for an orc. for example archer heal 2,45 hp per second, which is like nothing. don't forget that elfs usually creeps fountains on GW for example in the first night, since they can shadowmelt. with dh as a big blocker it isn't a problem to creep the !heal! fountain with only 4 archers. be aware of that and don't let the DH lvl 3 before you.

edit: here is the second part of my tactics.

Orc vs Human

Here we go. If you speak about orc, you always have imbalance in your head. Almost every unbalancement goes from orc. elf vs orc; ud vs orc; hu vs orc. based on a joke but goes to reality: if blizzard removes orc, everyone would be happy. there would be small imbalance's but not as big as with orc. let's get back to the topic.

the idea: there are a fewtactics to play. even the hero choices can change. BM is the most used hero in the match-up vs human. he's good to nuke and creepjack, while multitasking. i prefer the oldschool farseer. actually you have 3 choices to play. defensive, aggresive or super aggresive. 1st is ment for lvling to lvl 3 while preventing a human to expand. second is harrasing and creeping in time. like harras, go back, creep, heal, harras. and the 3rd is the most useful if your enemy can't handle harrasing very well: harras, harras and harras. consider building shop anywhere near to the hu base and harras while getting a 2nd hero at tavern. FL or panda can be useful. of course you can choose the TC too, but for pushing summonings are better. if you must tp for example, run to ur shop wait 20sec and harras again. play aggresive but not dumb doing stupid mistakes like running in the hu base with 3 grunts while he have 1 opening to his base and blocking that with units. such things can end the game because the human could easily expand while you can do nothing.

Usage: playing aggresive does not need any map or what ever. you must have an idea before you start the game what kind of type you want to play. vs an fast expansion you can choose to play wyver too, to harras workers more effective. never play just mass wyver, you will not be able to win if the human is at the same skill level like you.

Orc vs Orc

the only match-up including orc which isn't considered as imbalanced

the idea: i saw alot of tactics in this matchup. can't really say what the best is. you must play everyone for urself and see what is the best for you. there are these tactics:

- fast tech with fs, late rax, 2 grunts + firelord push.
    - normal game with grunt raider SW
    - normal game with mass raider
    - mass air on both sides (not very useful but still saying it, will end in mass bats vs mass bats) this tactic with bm/fs and tc for preventing vs headhunter.
    - normal game with mass troll witch doctor and mass statis trap.
    - normal game with grunt headhunter raider
    the last but not least
    - kodo raider cata

it could be i forgot some tactics, if i did so, reply in the thread and i will add it to the collected one.

Usage: on maps like LT (roc) it is kinda boring to watch and probably to play. 3 grunts running arround the fountain killing each other. or if both sides fast tech at TR you run around having 2 wolfs at the enemys farseer and running across the whole map. on every mirror the most important point is to play secure and without mistakes. there isn't a really advantage since both sides have the exact same units. every mistake can be your ruin so watch your hands
    Last edited by pheeR; 06-10-2007 at 06:23 PM.

FEED_ME_PLZ is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this stuff looks familiar. Almost like I've read it somewhere else ;D

Repped tho gj.

EDIT: I'll rep you when it lets me <_<

pheeR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol? familiar? can't be since i write them out of my head. well tbh orc is simple no big deal, ill go on tomorrow with it and add human then check the other guys nightelf thread and see what tactics he wrote and if they are good. maybe if you guys are thankful i can search replays ^.^ anyone game?
    ///M

WooT.n-CzT is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, waiting for the second part. =)
    Last edited by WooT.n-CzT; 06-09-2007 at 12:43 AM.

FEED_ME_PLZ is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pheeR View Post
    lol? familiar? can't be since i write them out of my head. well tbh orc is simple no big deal, ill go on tomorrow with it and add human then check the other guys nightelf thread and see what tactics he wrote and if they are good. maybe if you guys are thankful i can search replays ^.^ anyone game?
    I'm just playin with ya

pheeR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FEED_ME_PLZ View Post
    I'm just playin with ya
    i hope so..
    ///M

pkmex is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i like ur 1st strategy really useful and yes thats the fastest way to raise a hero level up to 6 without making that much of an army its good for orcs to upgrade...

pheeR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here we go. i'm done, even a bit to late. not much time this days. if i got time i will add a human thread and some fun strats like feeding and abusing. thx for reading and for questions im up.

greetz
    ///M

WooT.n-CzT is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice 1, +Reputation.

Edit: Okay, seems like I can't, need to "spread some Reputation around before giving it to pheeR again". ~ ~

StL33T is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this makes me even more sad for getting my cd key ladder banned

but nice post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast