Custom Game-Maul

This is a discussion on Custom Game-Maul within the Warcraft 3 Strategies and replays board part of the Warcraft 3 forum category; Many times, I get into a maul game, and I see people making 'mazes' made of simple horizontal lines. Usually, ...

gamenac is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Game-Maul

Many times, I get into a maul game, and I see people making 'mazes' made of simple horizontal lines. Usually, I laugh at them and call them noobs. This is an example fo a VERY simple, and very ineffective maze for later levels in mauls. The key to winning a maul is to get your most powerful towers to hit the enemy more. An easy way to do this is the spiral maze. A slightly complicated, more advanced level maze will almost always win you the game. Only attempt this if you are Red, Teal, Blue, Orange, or Purple. Pink and green are hooks, grey is redirection, and yellow doesn't really matter. Now, onto the mazing :P

First, make a straight line of towers near the top of your area. Leave exactly one space open at the right side. Next, build a straight line of towers near the bottom of your area. Leave exactly one small space open on the left. Now, start building up the side, all the way to your top line. When done, you should have this:

-----------------------
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    --------------------------

Notice that the top is farther to the left than the bottom and the bottom farther to the right. (Not very well drawn, but you get the idea.)
    Now, do the same with the top, but going to the bottom this time. Now, the easy part. If you can see the pattern here, it will help a lot when building.

First, continue the top line (originally from the bottom) until it is one space from the top line. then, do the same with the bottom line (originally started at top) until it is within one space of the new top line. Keep doing this until you have a spiral shape.

The idea behind the spiral is that the creeps will run through (all away around several times) to the middle, then they will have to run back out. Causing them to be in the maze for a long time. Many times, level 15 can be easily reached using low level towers with little or no splash. I have been afk for over 45 minutes, without leaking.

If possible, I will save a replay and link to it from this thread...just to give you an idea of how a pro does it :P

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Game-Maul

do you mean like this?? ive posted an image from paint of how i think you mean it is.. if im wrong, please make an image for us? or replay?

Hawt.

Caffeine is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Custom Game-Maul

Yes, I prefer spiral mazes also.
    I was bored during class a few years ago, and drew it and have been using it everysince.
    ROFL
    :

SatanTiger is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Custom Game-Maul

i think he meens like this

<br />Click here for my Public maphack Satan v1.0 <br />