proXPN | FREE VPN | Internet Security and Privacy | Goverment Grade!

This is a discussion on proXPN | FREE VPN | Internet Security and Privacy | Goverment Grade! within the Web Browser Forum board part of the Software/Hardware and Mobile Phones category; G'day guys, I have found this free and cheap VPN if anyone is looking for one. ProXPN is a global ...

Juicy is offline Q-( ^.^ Q--)

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

proXPN | FREE VPN | Internet Security and Privacy | Goverment Grade!

G'day guys,

I have found this free and cheap VPN if anyone is looking for one.

ProXPN is a global VPN (virtual private network) that creates a secure, encrypted tunnel through which all of your online data passes back and forth. Any application that requires an internet connection works with proXPN - including your web browser, email client, and instant messaging program - keeping everything you do online hidden from prying eyes while masking your physical location and giving you unfettered access to any website or web service no matter where you happen to live or travel to.

WHAT IS A VPN?

A VPN (virtual private network) is a network that can use the internet to provide secure connections between one or more devices for data exchange. A VPN can open a secure interconnection or "tunnel" between different devices and the data that passes through the tunnel can be encrypted as a method of security so that the data passing through the tunnel cannot be read. Most often, VPNs are used to connect a company's main office with its satellite offices or its field agents. In some cases, people choose to connect their personal devices to a VPN service provider to secure their own connections (with the same kind of tunneling and encryption) to the general internet, keeping their banking details, credit card numbers, passwords, and other sensitive data from being intercepted, monitored, or recorded. This kind of VPN setup also affords the user an anonymous IP (internet protocol) address (used for determining a device's location), making them appear as if in a far away location. proXPN is an example of the latter scenario, just on a global scale.

You guys will start with a basic account which are free. While you do get the same level of security, privacy, and ease of use as a Premium Account, They limit your speed through the VPN to 300kbps and you are restricted to one location in the United States.

Instructions:

Step 1

Download and install proXPN on your computer (Windows & Mac)

Step 2

Your computer or mobile device connects to the proXPN VPN using government-grade encryption and establishes a secure tunnel through which to send and receive data.

Step 3

All information exchanged between you and the sites and services you use on a daily basis is protected from prying eyes while your physical location is completely hidden.

Virus Scan
    Download
    Last edited by Juicy; 11-18-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juicy For This Useful Post:

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Would you be so kind not to use any links or whatever that grant you money?
    PTC or any sort of these sites are not allowed on D3Scene.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything for you Tracky

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juicy For This Useful Post:

GhostlyGamer is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must advise against proxpn If you don't pay, you get a vpn through a location very near you, I got one less than 10 miles away. They also store massive amounts of data on you, and are completely willing to hand it over weather of not you are a paying customer.

Smoogel is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyGamer View Post
    I must advise against proxpn If you don't pay, you get a vpn through a location very near you, I got one less than 10 miles away. They also store massive amounts of data on you, and are completely willing to hand it over weather of not you are a paying customer.
    Most VPNs will log certain bits of information to protect themselves. If some law autority or something contacted a VPN provider, they don't want to be held liable so they will provide as much information as they have against you (such as when you accessed the VPN, IP allocated etc).

Hidemyass is a example of one VPN that gave users details away.

Thank you for sharing Juicy

ELiteChiLd- is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This VPN = Free + Unlimited traffic???

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELiteChiLd- View Post
    This VPN = Free + Unlimited traffic???
    I believe the free account isn't limited on how much traffic you use, but how fast your speeds are.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoogel View Post
    Most VPNs will log certain bits of information to protect themselves. If some law autority or something contacted a VPN provider, they don't want to be held liable so they will provide as much information as they have against you (such as when you accessed the VPN, IP allocated etc).

Hidemyass is a example of one VPN that gave users details away.

Thank you for sharing Juicy
    No Problem

freddieodom21 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premium version of a VPN is more better than a free version. I prefer premium VPNs and you should too because the matter is online security. I prefer Ivacy because it is protected and secure and is very cheap. I purchased its five years plan only at $1.34 per month.