Real ID disabler.

This is a discussion on Real ID disabler. within the WoW Bots, hacks and exploits board part of the WoW forum category; This was posted on Ownedcore by hotpockets. All credit to his post. I am reposting for you awesome bros. ---------------- ...

Matt is offline Bot of War

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Real ID disabler.

This was posted on Ownedcore by hotpockets. All credit to his post. I am reposting for you awesome bros.
    ----------------

As some one who has Real ID friends who are constantly bugging them, I started looking for an easy, and hasslefree way of temporarily disabling Real ID. Some thing that all I would have to do is hit a button or two then start botting in peace. Well, I've found a way!

Here is a program I made that I think is the closest thing to an on-off switch that I'm going to get.

+ What it does and how it works +
    The WoW client connects to the Real ID server 12.129.206.130 (US servers) or 213.248.127.130 (EU servers) on usually TCP port 1119 (it will now try another port if 1119 is blocked as of patch 4.0) when you start the game along with the game servers IP and game port(s). All my program does is add a Windows Firewall Rule using netsh to block all outgoing TCP connections for remote IP 12.129.206.130 (or 213.248.127.130). Here's the result:

+ Readme +
    1. Log in and pick a character
    2. Disable Real ID by choosing 1, 2, or 3 depending on whether you are playing on US or EU (or both) servers
    3. Send a broadcast message to your friends
    4. Done! Bot in peace! Play in peace! Do whatever!
    5. When you want to turn Real ID back on simply choose 4 then restart WoW

You have to run this program as an Administrator and it requires that Windows Firewall be turned on. Please completely log out or restart WoW after you re-enable. You cannot log into WoW with Real ID disabled.

This will only work on Windows 7 and Vista for the time being since the netsh command was changed in Windows Vista. A version for Windows XP is coming soon (hopefully).

+ How to do this manually +
    Please check your third-party firewalls' documentation/help menus on how to block IPs if you are unsure how to.
    1. Log in and pick a character
    2. Block all outgoing connections for remote IP 12.129.206.130 (or 213.248.127.130 if you play on EU servers) with your firewall
    3. Send a broadcast message to your friends
    4. Done! Bot in peace! Play in peace! Do whatever!
    5. When you want to turn Real ID back on simply remove the block then log out completely or restart WoW

I think that's every thing. o.O

VirusTotal: VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Download: Real ID Disabler 1.3a

-----------------
    I assure you it's not a virus. I'm using it right now. Plus, if it was that guy would have been banned on there and the post removed. However, I'll just throw this out there for you "Skeptics".

Use at your own discretion.

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there some /dnd command to block messages?

Other than that, nice idea to block the connection via FW, this way the client stays the same and there is no reason for Blizzard to cry ;p

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracky View Post
    Wasn't there some /dnd command to block messages?

Other than that, nice idea to block the connection via FW, this way the client stays the same and there is no reason for Blizzard to cry ;p
    /dnd only blocks whispers in game I think. You still get annoying battlenet whispers.

I confirm this works 100000% by the way. Just use it AFTER you log in. If you get DC'd, you have to turn it off. then log in and do it again. You can't turn it on than try and log in.

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this is a cool method, isn't it possible to go onto battle.net and choose to disable Real ID?

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czlyxh View Post
    While this is a cool method, isn't it possible to go onto battle.net and choose to disable Real ID?
    I don't think so. They didn't add it yet.

If they did, I wouldn't have looked this up to do it.

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I don't think so. They didn't add it yet.

If they did, I wouldn't have looked this up to do it.
    Ok, I decide your method is much better, because... unlike your method, the method which Blizzard provides (at battle.net > Settings > Communication Preferences) it states

*If you disable Real ID, your Real ID friends list will be permanently erased. You will have to add your Real ID friends again if you reactivate Real ID. "

So unless you want to lose your real ID friends forever, Id say this beats it

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand why they haven't added the appear offline function yet. dafuq

Nyuain is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really really helpful. I've been wondering if there was a way to do this. Well, of course there would be a way, I was only wondering if there was a SIMPLE way of doing it. Definitely a great idea getting FW to block the connection. Going to be trying this.

Dw1ght is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also a working method which I've tested - Battle.net real ID - Go Invisible! - Forums - World of Warcraft

They were talking about adding that feature "soon", however they said they had more important things to do instead. I wonder how wasn't this feature obvious from the very first days of working on the Real ID chat.

Remedywow is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool method! Probably the only one which works properly